J-Off's Top 5s 2023 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Top 5s 2023

I like Mayer more than others due to his fit for Miami, if they did not care as much about inline blocking then I would be more inclined to the puffed up WR's which most of these guys are now.

I also could be overreacting to just how bad a blocker Gesicki was and that guys like LaPorta and Kraft will be good enough in that area and the team does need a GREAT blocking TE just a competent one.

I doubt Mayer or Washington are anywhere near Miami's pick but they may well have both Kraft and LaPorta(certainly one of them)there at 51.

I still would be focusing on the OL but I get the feeling the team thinks they can grab a vet or two in June when they get Cap relief for Byron Jones.

For me the best strategy at 51 is trade down or BPA unless value at a need happens to coincide there.
Good points. Hard to believe Kittle was a 5th rounder. I do think there are a few TE's who could slip through the cracks.

I also think there's a chance Washington gets close to 51. Just depends what teams are looking for.

I just did a quick 3 rounder where I went BPA without trading and I got Darnell Washington and Derick Hall.

I had good trade down options which I would have taken(especially at 51 where I could have moved back with Philly to 62 and added #94)but I wanted to do the BPA no trade scenario just to see what might be available.

I am not confident that Washington makes it to 51 but he was there in this scenario.

I don't understand the Evan Hull love on this board. I see the production in receiving in college but I'd rather try to hit on a potential 3 down RB. Hull tested well at the combine but I don't see the time speed on the field or burst. I see someone who dances too much, tries toncut back inside too much instead of going down hill and taking on defenders . He gets tackled pretty easy too. Doesn't get square to finish runs. He is a very late round prospect.

I don't understand the Evan Hull love on this board. I see the production in receiving in college but I'd rather try to hit on a potential 3 down RB. Hull tested well at the combine but I don't see the time speed on the field or burst. I see someone who dances too much, tries toncut back inside too much instead of going down hill and taking on defenders . He gets tackled pretty easy too. Doesn't get square to finish runs. He is a very late round prospect.
I might be interested in looking for a 3rd down guy like Vaughn, Mitchell or McIntosh who could be a pass catching weapon on late Day 3.

I like him in the 6th round as a try-hard guy. Think he’s someone you can trust to do the right thing (on and off the field) and get what you scheme up. Don’t think he’s a game breaker, just a solid guy. Definitely take him over Gaskins

I like Hull because he is explosive, he can hop and skip, and get to the edge in a hurry, and then he is gone for 15 or all the way. But then if they honor him and keep him contained, he will burst down the middle for 5 if there is a hole.
Yeah, he is not a big back with power and he will not drag defenders but he has the burst and quickness and good frame, he is not super tiny, he can take the pounding, and can get to the edge, and catches.

I think his speed shows up on tape. I think he didn't get a lot of opportunities to showcase it because he was on a bad offense - accounted for 36 or 37% (forget which) of all of NW's yards in 2022. Legit juice and receiving ability for a guy who isn't small.

I like him in the 6th round as a try-hard guy. Think he’s someone you can trust to do the right thing (on and off the field) and get what you scheme up. Don’t think he’s a game breaker, just a solid guy. Definitely take him over Gaskins

I get that but why are you wanting to cheap out on the RB position again? We've been doing this for several years and every off season it's like, who will be our RB? Which one will we add in free agency or in the draft? Let's try to find that game breaker at RB. A 3 down back. We can easily accomplish this in day two of the draft. That's been the sweet spot for a lot of top RBs in the NFL for the last several years.

You “cheap out” at RB because you can get 80% of the production 3 rounds later.

I would rather have Jonathan Mingo/Hull instead of Jahmyr Gibbs/Dontayvious Wicks. Just think the entire offense would be more dynamic in scenario A

Abanikanda is our bride, that's our guy, our offense. A Ferrari. A Tyreek, Waddle, Mostert.
In this whole draft that is one dude that is our kind of Ferrari.

He'll be #3 behind Robinson and Gibbs when I repost this. Miami, SF, and KC are his best fits. Pure juice. His acceleration is similar to Kadarius Toney.

Back
Top Bottom