J. O'Neal: Proposed Age Limit Racist | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. O'Neal: Proposed Age Limit Racist

MoFinz said:
true. But then when you blow out your knee and youre not even qualified to work at MCDonalds, who do you suppose the bad guy will be?

Theres nothing wrong with setting standards and making people work within them. Like Lebron, there will always be exceptions to the rule. But who gets hurt when you err to the side of caution?

This is America. Let people make their own decisions.

It has nothing to do with race because the kids will still end up in the NBA, it will just take 2 more years. PLayin the race card here is like goin all-in with a 7/2 offsuit.. IT MAKES NO SENSE!! It's all about Stern saving a couple-years worth of multi million dollar contracts.\ - nothing more nothing less

MoFinz said:
Tennis aint basketball. Hanging and banging with O'neal and you aren't even old enough to buy a beer? Gotta think of the physical responsibility.

Think on it? Would you let an 18 yr old suit up and play DT in the NFL? It's suicide.

O'neal is just ranting and playing the race card

This argument would hold up if the last 2 rookie of the year awards didn't go to players that came straight out of school. The age limit is stupid. Jermain said that "at 18 he could go fight in a war but not play basketball, it doesn't make sense". I agree with him.

after High School you have options and one of those options is to go to work and earn a living in your profession. If your profession is basketball and if you would be a first round pick and make millions of dollars, the NBA can't stop you from going to play in the NBA. Especially when they are a "monoply" esentially.

No court will support Stern and his new "age limit" which is why he is hoping he can get all of the owners behind him. If he can't, he's toast and nothing will change.

MikeO said:
No court will support Stern and his new "age limit" which is why he is hoping he can get all of the owners behind him. If he can't, he's toast and nothing will change.

He doesn't need to go to court to get it done all he has to do is make it so. If the Union takes it to court why would the court overturn the commishes decision?

FiN.in.RI said:
He doesn't need to go to court to get it done all he has to do is make it so. If the Union takes it to court why would the court overturn the commishes decision?

Believe it or not but their are laws against what Stern is trying to do.

Called "age discrimination"

Doesn't the NFL have a rule that you can't enter til 3 yrs after your HS graduating class or something.Isn't the NBA rule about the same?

MikeO said:
Called "age discrimination"

This isn't about firing an employee or not hiring a potential employee because he is too old which is age discrimination. It's about delaying a person's entry into an organization 2 years. It's not age discrimination.

FiN.in.RI said:
This isn't about firing an employee or not hiring a potential employee because he is too old which is age discrimination. It's about delaying a person's entry into an organization 2 years. It's not age discrimination.

age discrimination works 2 ways.

J.O. has it dead on if you ask me, but I'm black so you could call me biased if you please.

NBA = a black man's league. No offense to white or hispanic people, but this is a black man's league. I could see someone taking it in the way that the NBA is trying to get rid of the idea of young, black players coming fresh out of high school, especially Stern.

X-Con said:
J.O. has it dead on if you ask me, but I'm black so you could call me biased if you please.

NBA = a black man's league. No offense to white or hispanic people, but this is a black man's league. I could see someone taking it in the way that the NBA is trying to get rid of the idea of young, black players coming fresh out of high school, especially Stern.

It's not racist.

They end up in the NBA anyway, it just takes em a little longer.

X-Con said:

Black mans league today. In 5 years the league will be more European than black. That is a fact that can't be denied.

MikeO said:
Black mans league today. In 5 years the league will be more European than black. That is a fact that can't be denied.

I highly doubt blacks get out-populated any time soon.....

Back
Top Bottom