Jaelan Phillips | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaelan Phillips

Phillips is looking better and better every game that goes by. Wadlle is also a keeper. Finnally we hitting on some players in the first rounds..The DT from alabama has been playing great football as well. We on to something with the first round talent evaluations.

He is starting to show signs of life.

I think he was stunted earlier moving out to a more complex position, but the light seems to be coming on. Now like most Rookie Pass Rushers needs to develop counters and rush schemes. But I think you got a good one.

If you'd like to vote for Phillips for rookie of the week and feel like a republican voting in CA.

Javonte Williams deserves it. St Brown might pull it out just because he caught the winning TD for the Lions' first win.

Depends on other stats. TFL not from sacks, forced fumbles etc. And of course there's bias in big plays/playing for a team on the national spotlight.

Say Parsons ends with 14 sacks, 13 tfl non sacks 4 ff and 100 tackles. *

Phillips ends up with 16 sacks, 4 tfl non sacks, 1 ff 60 tackles **

*prorated numbers
**prorated but added emphasis on additional sacks due to more PT

I say Parsons should still win it.
Imo he would need to fall off a cliff with Philips posting multiple games with 2 or more sacks for it to be a race.

What Parsons has over Phillips to voters other than total tackles was his ability to show up in national games too.
Chiefs game he had 2 sacks and a lot of pressures.
Vikings game had 11 tackles 4 for losses and some where big time stops in 2nd half
Raiders game he was in carrs face all game and had 5 hits along with a sack.
And the way he makes his presence known is something too. His power on passmoves or open field speed or the way he hits.

In splash plays(sacks, tfl, pressures, 3rd/4th down stops etc) he was leading the entire NFL prior to this past weekend.
If that’s the case you may be right, but the voters would be wrong. Isn’t the rookie sack record 14.5? Whoever breaks that record should win DROTY IMO. It’s still impressive to me that he has 8.5 sacks without getting that many snaps per game.

Parsons just sealed the DROY on that sack. He is a BEAST. Hoops was spot on with him predraft. Not like it was too hard to see. Love me some Phillips, but Parsons looks HOF worthy as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom