Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
I am not saying we should get this guy. Main reason: I don't know enough about him yet. Have watched very little film on Fromm but I have seen several mock drafts predicting we take him. Those threw me for a loop. I was surprised they would assign us Fromm when Tua was available. Well, today I ran across this video from ESPN. It highlights a particular area of need and desire our FO wants on this roster: POSITIVE LEADERSHIP. Wilkins exudes it. Watch Baker mic'd up, he is the same way. One of the primary reasons Fitzpatrick QB is here. Now, positive leadership doesn't mean a whole lot if you just can't get it done on the field. For a guy like Fromm, if his accuracy is trash, etc. then leadership won't will him into success. However, why I found this interesting was that it highlighted a strength he possesses on a supposed "legendary" scale. Meaning, IF he and Tua look similar by year's end in terms of performance...perhaps there is something to those Fromm predictions.

If nothing else, it certainly warrants me giving the guy some additional looks this season.

VIDEO:

Certainly NOT #1 in the draft.

In my opinion.

Kids upside in truncated vs. Tua Herbert.

Tho Herbert is bigger bust potential.

Fromm is (IMO) the type of QB who needs a LOT around him...

I know you can make that case for most QBs but...

I like him in a high value slot.

Nope, not at #1! Not even top 5! I would take Herbert over him.

He’s the only other QB I’d be happy with if it isn’t Tua. I like Fromm for this offense. This offense needs leaders at the position who can move in the pocket and are hyper accurate. Tua and Fromm fit that to the T.

I am not saying we should get this guy. Main reason: I don't know enough about him yet. Have watched very little film on Fromm but I have seen several mock drafts predicting we take him. Those threw me for a loop. I was surprised they would assign us Fromm when Tua was available. Well, today I ran across this video from ESPN. It highlights a particular area of need and desire our FO wants on this roster: POSITIVE LEADERSHIP. Wilkins exudes it. Watch Baker mic'd up, he is the same way. One of the primary reasons Fitzpatrick QB is here. Now, positive leadership doesn't mean a whole lot if you just can't get it done on the field. For a guy like Fromm, if his accuracy is trash, etc. then leadership won't will him into success. However, why I found this interesting was that it highlighted a strength he possesses on a supposed "legendary" scale. Meaning, IF he and Tua look similar by year's end in terms of performance...perhaps there is something to those Fromm predictions.

If nothing else, it certainly warrants me giving the guy some additional looks this season.

VIDEO:

Quite the coincidence you posted that today (for me anyway).

I was doing some in depth reading/film research on the top few prospects earlier today, and this is the one guy, aside from Tua that stood out to me.

I would have to agree with other posters that we wouldn't take him #1 overall, mainly because, if he's our "target", we wouldn't have to. It's likely we could get him a few spots later. That being said, once you pass on QB with the first pick, unless you aquire the 2nd or 3rd pick in a move down, you aren't gauranteed you get him.

Personally how I see Fromm, as compared to Tua, is that Tua's ceiling could be a bit higher, but his floor is also a bit, maybe quite a bit, lower.

Most of the scouting reports atribute superior leadership qualities to Fromm, as opposed to Tua, and that is something Flores and Grier have made a point to stress. It also indicates, to me, a lower "bust" potential.

Like you already stated, I'm not ready to say he's definitely the way to go, but it's an interesting possibility, and a guy I will pay attention to as the college season progresses.

We can't draft him. I wouldn't be able to handle the jokes.

Even the fans want to Dolphin this whole thing up by passing on the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck.
Because saying "best QB prospect since Andrew Luck" is an opinion. It's subjective, and unquantifiable.

Not everyone shares that opinion.

I don't have a problem with Tua per se, but anyone that says he's "can't miss" is irrational.

I know you didn't say that, because as a rational person, you surely have an open mind, and will consider other possibilities.

I was thinking about him earlier….he is Greise like to me...

Smart...
Good but not great arm...
Winner...
Winner...
Nice solid frame (not too tall, not sort either)...
Good pocket presence…doesn't get rattled...
Well grounded, good upbringing...
Hard worker...
Student of the game...

He might not be a number 1 pick…but he's going to be a solid QB for an NFL team for YEARS….

Because saying "best QB prospect since Andrew Luck" is an opinion. It's subjective, and unquantifiable.

Not everyone shares that opinion.

I don't have a problem with Tua per se, but anyone that says he's "can't miss" is irrational.

I know you didn't say that, because as a rational person, you surely have an open mind, and will consider other possibilities.
He sure as hell aint cant miss if Grier is responsible for surrounding him with talent... In other words, Tua as proven a whole lot more as a QB than Grier has as a GM...

Back
Top Bottom