Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

I think you should look at all of them....Joe Burrow is rising fast at LSU...looking forward to Alabama vs LSU on November 9th...Burrow might be the biggest riser this season!

Check out Anthony Gordon of Wash. St. tonight vs. UCLA.

This is going to be a debate all the way till April. Of course we don't know yet if we'll get a chance to pick one or the other yet. They're both good QB's. We'll see what happens comes April.

Because saying "best QB prospect since Andrew Luck" is an opinion. It's subjective, and unquantifiable.

Not everyone shares that opinion.

I don't have a problem with Tua per se, but anyone that says he's "can't miss" is irrational.

I know you didn't say that, because as a rational person, you surely have an open mind, and will consider other possibilities.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say he’s a can’t miss prospect. But you sound like all the people who were saying that RG3 would be the better QB than Luck. Opinions are just that, and they can be wrong. Arguing Fromm over Tua is wrong

Certainly NOT #1 in the draft.

In my opinion.

Kids upside in truncated vs. Tua Herbert.

Tho Herbert is bigger bust potential.

Fromm is (IMO) the type of QB who needs a LOT around him...

I know you can make that case for most QBs but...

I like him in a high value slot.

What's crazy is reports that Grier personally has been going to Oregon to scout Herbert.
I really really really really think they like him. Moreso, than any other QB in this class including Tua.

That's scary as hell to think there's a possibility they could, given the option, chose Herbert over Tua.

What's crazy is reports that Grier personally has been going to Oregon to scout Herbert.
I really really really really think they like him. Moreso, than any other QB in this class including Tua.

That's scary as hell to think there's a possibility they could, given the option, chose Herbert over Tua.
He’s doing his due diligence. He was at Bamas game last weekend I believe.

I'd still say that Tua is the better leader, but this is good to read. IMHO, Fromm is still my #1 choice because Fromm has the best pre-snap reads, best reading the defense as the play happens, best read progression, widest vision, fastest information processing, and is the most accurate. He is inch-perfect on almost every play, and it is this precision that will lead to the highest NFL accuracy amongst the guys who come out in 2020. I've been leading the Fromm bandwagon for a long time. Fromm isn't big, athletic with a cannon arm like Herbert, and he doesn't have the platform that Tua has (although Georgia isn't exactly devoid of weapons and OL), but in an offense that is so heavily based on the processing and precision of the QB, I think Fromm is the best option.

If we're looking for the next Marino, Fromm's not him … wish I could say he was. But if we're looking for the next Brady, Fromm may be as close as anyone coming out in 2020. Fromm fits the Patriots system like a glove, and I'm not at all surprised college writers are mocking him to us, because we're the obvious fit for him. If we were projected to draft #3 to #10 overall, everyone would be mocking him to us.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say he’s a can’t miss prospect. But you sound like all the people who were saying that RG3 would be the better QB than Luck. Opinions are just that, and they can be wrong. Arguing Fromm over Tua is wrong
In your opinion.

I wouldn't argue Fromm over Tua, at this point, but if someone did, I wouldn't imply they were an idiot.

And no, I didn't like RG3 over luck. I beleive in a pocket passer that negotiates the pocket effectively, and delivers the rock on time, by making the correct reads.

That's still the beat way, IMO.

He’s doing his due diligence. He was at Bamas game last weekend I believe.

"Herbert has completed 73 percent of his passes in 2019 for 868 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Taking on Auburn, Herbert completed 28-of-37 passes for 242 yards with a touchdown. Herbert has all the tools to be a good NFL starter. Against Auburn he showed his strong arm, mobility and accuracy. But there are some uneven moments for Herbert and they stem from Herbert having struggles when facing pressure. When he's under pressure Herbert loses accuracy and composure, but when he has a clean pocket, he's deadly. Improving his passing under pressure is critical for him to rise this season and to be a success in the NFL. "

"The 6-foot-6, 225-pounder has an excellent skill set and displayed that as a junior. He has a strong accurate arm along with pocket presence and mobility. Herbert needs more experience and grooming, but he has a ton of upside. He also is known as more of a quiet and lead-by-example type of personality. Herbert has a good skill set and was receiving positive buzz in the scouting community before returning for his senior year. If he had declared for the 2019 NFL Draft, he likely would have been a high first-round pick. "

^^^Dear God! We don't need another Tannehill.

"Herbert has completed 73 percent of his passes in 2019 for 868 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Taking on Auburn, Herbert completed 28-of-37 passes for 242 yards with a touchdown. Herbert has all the tools to be a good NFL starter. Against Auburn he showed his strong arm, mobility and accuracy. But there are some uneven moments for Herbert and they stem from Herbert having struggles when facing pressure. When he's under pressure Herbert loses accuracy and composure, but when he has a clean pocket, he's deadly. Improving his passing under pressure is critical for him to rise this season and to be a success in the NFL. "

"The 6-foot-6, 225-pounder has an excellent skill set and displayed that as a junior. He has a strong accurate arm along with pocket presence and mobility. Herbert needs more experience and grooming, but he has a ton of upside. He also is known as more of a quiet and lead-by-example type of personality. Herbert has a good skill set and was receiving positive buzz in the scouting community before returning for his senior year. If he had declared for the 2019 NFL Draft, he likely would have been a high first-round pick. "

^^^Dear God! We don't need another Tannehill.
Out of all the qbs coming up in the draft he’s my least favorite out of all of them. 6’6” qb with a gun for an arm, if people want to pick on short qbs I personally think he’s too tall, Brock Osweiler tall with Cutlers arm and demeanor. No thanks.

Quite the coincidence you posted that today (for me anyway).

I was doing some in depth reading/film research on the top few prospects earlier today, and this is the one guy, aside from Tua that stood out to me.

I would have to agree with other posters that we wouldn't take him #1 overall, mainly because, if he's our "target", we wouldn't have to. It's likely we could get him a few spots later. That being said, once you pass on QB with the first pick, unless you aquire the 2nd or 3rd pick in a move down, you aren't gauranteed you get him.

Personally how I see Fromm, as compared to Tua, is that Tua's ceiling could be a bit higher, but his floor is also a bit, maybe quite a bit, lower.

Most of the scouting reports atribute superior leadership qualities to Fromm, as opposed to Tua, and that is something Flores and Grier have made a point to stress. It also indicates, to me, a lower "bust" potential.

Like you already stated, I'm not ready to say he's definitely the way to go, but it's an interesting possibility, and a guy I will pay attention to as the college season progresses.
IMHO, if Fromm is your guy, you take him #1 overall. I was almost the only person I knew who was a believer in Baker Mayfield his last season in college, and the "experts" were projecting him in the 2nd round, then as like the 4th of the QB's who might go in the 1st round … and all the while I was singing Baker's praises because he processes what he sees so quickly, makes a quick read, and accurately delivers the ball. Everyone was gaga over Josh Allen like they are with Justin Herbert (although Herbert is a better prospect along every axis IMHO), and everyone was in love with Darnold as the natural thrower and Rosen as the most "NFL ready" of the 4. I kept singing Baker's praises because of what I kept seeing. Eventually, the Browns figured out he was a leader, and drafted him. They were proven right.

I see Fromm as the QB with the best QB skills in the 2020 NFL draft. Sure, potential goes in a landslide to Herbert, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him because his upside is huge. The most universally loved prospect is Tua, who is solid at everything and a very good leader, with more mobility than Fromm, and nearly as good accuracy. But in the end, this offense is super-QB-centric. We need the guy who makes tremendous pre-snap reads, is ultra-precise and phenomenally accurate, processes information as the play develops with crystal clarity and instant translation to operation. We need the guy who always makes the right decisions and always places the rock where it can only be gotten by the receiver. IMHO, those are the things that Fromm possesses moreso than any of the other QB contenders.

There's still time for any of these guys to show their worth … but Fromm has been and continues to be my leader. Almost nobody agrees with me … but then again, almost nobody agreed with me when I was singing Baker Mayfield's praises either, because he was too small. And when I was saying Kyler Murray might go #1 overall to the Arizona Cardinals, I took a lot of grief for that one last year too … but it made a lot of sense, just like Fromm in the Patriots system makes a lot of sense.

Here's my bet now ... if we do not draft Fromm, and he somehow drops out of the top 5 picks, I'm betting the Patriots move up to draft him ... because he fits that system perfectly.

He sure as hell aint cant miss if Grier is responsible for surrounding him with talent... In other words, Tua as proven a whole lot more as a QB than Grier has as a GM...

Blah blah...

Like really. We would have never expected that reply

based on your prior post positions!

But if Grier's team crushes the picks

what will you say?

Because if they do

Grier is gonna be a super hero

and you'll be on the wrong side of history!

:woot:

IMHO, if Fromm is your guy, you take him #1 overall. I was almost the only person I knew who was a believer in Baker Mayfield his last season in college, and the "experts" were projecting him in the 2nd round, then as like the 4th of the QB's who might go in the 1st round … and all the while I was singing Baker's praises because he processes what he sees so quickly, makes a quick read, and accurately delivers the ball. Everyone was gaga over Josh Allen like they are with Justin Herbert (although Herbert is a better prospect along every axis IMHO), and everyone was in love with Darnold as the natural thrower and Rosen as the most "NFL ready" of the 4. I kept singing Baker's praises because of what I kept seeing. Eventually, the Browns figured out he was a leader, and drafted him. They were proven right.

I see Fromm as the QB with the best QB skills in the 2020 NFL draft. Sure, potential goes in a landslide to Herbert, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him because his upside is huge. The most universally loved prospect is Tua, who is solid at everything and a very good leader, with more mobility than Fromm, and nearly as good accuracy. But in the end, this offense is super-QB-centric. We need the guy who makes tremendous pre-snap reads, is ultra-precise and phenomenally accurate, processes information as the play develops with crystal clarity and instant translation to operation. We need the guy who always makes the right decisions and always places the rock where it can only be gotten by the receiver. IMHO, those are the things that Fromm possesses moreso than any of the other QB contenders.

There's still time for any of these guys to show their worth … but Fromm has been and continues to be my leader. Almost nobody agrees with me … but then again, almost nobody agreed with me when I was singing Baker Mayfield's praises either, because he was too small. And when I was saying Kyler Murray might go #1 overall to the Arizona Cardinals, I took a lot of grief for that one last year too … but it made a lot of sense, just like Fromm in the Patriots system makes a lot of sense.

Here's my bet now ... if we do not draft Fromm, and he somehow drops out of the top 5 picks, I'm betting the Patriots move up to draft him ... because he fits that system perfectly.

So you're banging on the table for Fromm over Tua?
The kid doesn't throw the ball nearly enough for my liking and a serious evaluation one way or the other.
That Georgia team runs the ball...A LOT!

On the surface Fromm is really accurate. But I do question whether he has an NFL arm?

Last edited:
I'd still say that Tua is the better leader, but this is good to read. IMHO, Fromm is still my #1 choice because Fromm has the best pre-snap reads, best reading the defense as the play happens, best read progression, widest vision, fastest information processing, and is the most accurate. He is inch-perfect on almost every play, and it is this precision that will lead to the highest NFL accuracy amongst the guys who come out in 2020. I've been leading the Fromm bandwagon for a long time. Fromm isn't big, athletic with a cannon arm like Herbert, and he doesn't have the platform that Tua has (although Georgia isn't exactly devoid of weapons and OL), but in an offense that is so heavily based on the processing and precision of the QB, I think Fromm is the best option.

If we're looking for the next Marino, Fromm's not him … wish I could say he was. But if we're looking for the next Brady, Fromm may be as close as anyone coming out in 2020. Fromm fits the Patriots system like a glove, and I'm not at all surprised college writers are mocking him to us, because we're the obvious fit for him. If we were projected to draft #3 to #10 overall, everyone would be mocking him to us.
I like Fromm. I haven't watched him as much as Tua, but when I have Tua is every bit as good as Fromm in the areas listed. He definitely isn't more accurate than Tua on all three levels of the field. Tua is as capable in running an offense as Fromm, but Tua gives a team big play capability that Fromm does not. The discrepancy in numbers certainly tell a story.

Fromm...
430 comp, 654 att, 65.7% comp, 9.1 YPA, 59 TD, 13 int, 168.3 QB rating (99 rush, 49 yards, .5 YPC, 3 TD)

Tua...
381 comp, 544 att, 70% comp, 10.8 YPA, 71 TD, 8 int, 201.2 QB rating (93 rush, 359 yards, 3.9 YPC, 8 TD)

Back
Top Bottom