Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

It seems to be a reach to criticize his ball placement. It is exceptional! He throws better slants than any college QB

There’s always bizarre quarterback takes on this board - but criticizing Tua’s ball placement has to be at the top of the most bizarre I’ve ever seen. I don’t know what these people are watching when football is on...

Has to be Tua. When you see what Mahomes is doing and the early signs of Kyler Murray you gotta want a piece of that pie. No doubt in my mind if we get first overall pick, it will be Tua.

I get it, he doesn't have a cannon. But he can make all the throws. The test is the quick out, and he throws that well. When Brady was at Michigan, people wanted the guy with the more potential, the bigger upside, Drew Henson. They got him, and he wasn't a great QB in college or the NFL. But I sometimes those physical qualities, while drool-worthy, aren't the deciding factors. For our offense, we demand fantastic pre-snap reads … that screams Fromm. We demand quick processing of information … that's Jake Fromm all day long. We require ultra-precise throwing … which is exactly what Fromm brings. We insist on consistent accuracy and avoiding INT's, and Jake Fromm can do that well.

I'm not saying that Fromm is the only guy who can be the answer for us. In fact, I see three potential answers in the 2020 class, Fromm, Tua, and Herbert. I also agree with the logic as to why each of them might be our best choice. But if you're asking me who fits this offense best, hands down, it's Jake Fromm. If you're asking me throughout last year and into this year who would be my #1, it's Jake Fromm--although that could change depending upon how the other two guys develop. All three are good prospects, and I will not be surprised if they go 1-2-3 in the draft, I wouldn't even blink an eye, despite the pass rushers available. I'm comfortable with the #1, #2, or even #3 pick … but of course I want the #1, and if we get it, I can see Fromm being our guy. IMHO, we need to take whomever is our guy, and not get cute and try to trade down. We have plenty of picks to draft the rest of the team.

I'm not yet pounding the table for the guy … I'll reserve that for after the season, but yeah, I guess you could say I'm banging the drum a bit already.

Another poster compared him to Bob Griese … and I could see that.

I agree with everything you've said. But I can't emphasize enough that this kid is lacking in the arm talent department. His balls are dying on some of these deeper/out throws in the game tonight. Which is robbing run after the catch possibilites for his play makers.

There’s always bizarre quarterback takes on this board - but criticizing Tua’s ball placement has to be at the top of the most bizarre I’ve ever seen. I don’t know what these people are watching when football is on...

Speaking of that -- looks to me Herbert has a tendency to throw (a) behind and (b) high...

Tho his arm is obviously NFL certified... Like his shoulder fakes and play fakes...

Fromm looks like he could be a functional (kinda Drew Brews lite) NFL QB...

Seems to be in a less than ideal system and shows very strong field command.

Get the sneaky suspicion he might be a better PRO than college...

Both have the potential to develop further and both could be legit NFL answers.

But (you'll like this part) I'm watching these dudes now far more critically and

asking myself if they executed the play as effectively/efficiently as Tua might have

and for the most part I'm concluding "no."

Definitely a crude measure in actuarial terms but perhaps superficially effective?

Admittedly it's VERY DIFFICULT to qualify variables in different contexts.

That said.

Tua #1

Fromm #2a

Herbert #2b

I think you should look at all of them....Joe Burrow is rising fast at LSU...looking forward to Alabama vs LSU on November 9th...Burrow might be the biggest riser this season!

The Improvement Burrow made from last year to this year seems unreal.

The Improvement Burrow made from last year to this year seems unreal.

Agreed... but remember... nobody knew about Kyler Murray until 2018 happened...that’s why I say pump the brakes...let’s see how this season shakes out....Herbert is actually playing at a very high level also!

I will agree there... accuracy is not his issue...he may very well be the best...despite everything else...we will see, by the way....what do you think of Burrow?

Speaking of that -- looks to me Herbert has a tendency to throw (a) behind and (b) high...

Tho his arm is obviously NFL certified... Like his shoulder fakes and play fakes...

Fromm looks like he could be a functional (kinda Drew Brews lite) NFL QB...

Seems to be in a less than ideal system and shows very strong field command.

Get the sneaky suspicion he might be a better PRO than college...

Both have the potential to develop further and both could be legit NFL answers.

But (you'll like this part) I'm watching these dudes now far more critically and

asking myself if they executed the play as effectively/efficiently as Tua might have

and for the most part I'm concluding "no."

Definitely a crude measure in actuarial terms but perhaps superficially effective?

Admittedly it's VERY DIFFICULT to qualify variables in different contexts.

That said.

Tua #1

Fromm #2a

Herbert #2b

Fromm runs that offense like a field general, he also has great touch (throw the best fades), I can't lie Herbert is kind of growing on me, those physical tools are hard to pass up, and when everything lines up right he flashes.

Agreed... but remember... nobody knew about Kyler Murray until 2018 happened...that’s why I say pump the brakes...let’s see how this season shakes out....Herbert is actually playing at a very high level also!

Burrow threw for 57 percent last year and currently he's over 80 percent, that's crazy. LSU wr corp is really good.

Fromm runs that offense like a field general, he also has great touch (throw the best fades), I can't lie Herbert is kind of growing on me, those physical tools are hard to pass up, and when everything lines up right he flashes.

Oregon 21 Stanford 6....Herbert is having a good year...playing better competition with less around him than Alabama has.... Alabama actually has a light schedule...look forward to seeing Tua against Burrow and LSU....And against Auburn(who Herbert already played)....

There aren’t facts, they are opinions. Fromm makes some great throws off platform.

If you’re trying to tell me it’s not a fact Tua was the best in the country last year from a clean pocket and that Fromm doesn’t retreat straight back when pressured then you’re just wrong on both accounts. But that’s nothing new around here.

Fromm out here making a few boss throws tonight. I didnt watch him that much last year, but he seems like he has taken steps forwards in his third year thus far.

Back
Top Bottom