Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

He’s the only one more clueless than you when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks around here. If he’s agreeing with me I’m probably in trouble.

:lol:

Stop the intellectual nonsense you bristly rascal...

I seriously don't think you read others posts and just post your pompous opinions.

I like Fromm so not trying to bash him. However, since the statement has been made he is more accurate than Tua I'm comparing him to that high standard.

I've had the ND / Georgia game on in the background, but started to pay closer attention since responding so watched about 12 or so throws which I'm commenting on.

Fromm made some excellent throws...nice out to Robertson (?) who went down after he caught it, couple of back shoulder throws were terrific to Cager, incomplete to Simmons (?) in back of endzone throwing off balance was NFL quality, TD to Cager a nice pass and catch, threw a dart to player over the middle for about a 12-15 yard gain.

Some of the off target throws...didn't see who the WR was but saw Fromm bounce a ball at the feet of a player open about 20 yards past LOS, threw a pass to Cager on a slant 5 yards past the LOS had to sit down as ball was thrown off target, Cager who is 6'5" had to go up about 2 feet and reach up to grab a pass 10 yards past LOS (penalty on a lineman who blocked past LOS or something along those lines), threw a ball to the right side of endzone before Cager TD grab the announcer called a 50/50 ball that was well underthrown for a true 50/50. Highlight just showed a completion to TE who had to reach over his head and was sandwiched between two defenders upon making the catch.

From what I saw on those throws Tua's ball placement is consistently more accurate than Fromm's as Tua's ball placement is spot on hitting speedy WR in stride on the numbers without them having to adjust their body often and Fromm seems to rely more on a 6'5" WR to go up in the air to get the ball which Cager appears to be very good at adjusting his body to make those plays. Reminds me more of Lawrence throwing to Higgins except Fromm relies on more back shoulder throws where Lawrence just throws it high.
I've updated my post with video from the Alabama v. South Carolina game, with specific examples of the 6" to 12" off throws that I'm talking about … these are all highlight film throws, so they're all completed throws, so it's not showing the actual incompletions, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I'm a Tua fan, the guy is GOOD! I'm excited about the prospect of him possibly being a Miami Dolphin. But, watching Fromm throw and watching Tua throw, you're not going to convince me that Tua is more accurate than Fromm, because what I'm seeing is the opposite. Both are very accurate … but Fromm is the more accurate of the two. Fromm's throws are precise, and he leads the WR's into better RAC opportunities and away from defenders better. Again, both of these guys are improving … by the end of the season Tua could become my #1 choice … but last season I saw Fromm as the guy who was more accurate and a better fit for our Patriots style offense. From what I've seen this year, Fromm's still in the lead in all of those categories. We may just have to agree to disagree on this one. But please go back and look at the throws mentioned (with time cues and descriptions) in my updated post replying to you earlier.

Cheers brother. Here's hoping we get either of them.

:lol:

Stop the intellectual nonsense you bristly rascal...

I seriously don't think you read others posts and just post your pompous opinions.

You can only read Drew Lock and Ryan Tannehill are going to be superstars so many times by someone before you stop reading.

I've updated my post with video from the Alabama v. South Carolina game, with specific examples of the 6" to 12" off throws that I'm talking about … these are all highlight film throws, so they're all completed throws, so it's not showing the actual incompletions, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I'm a Tua fan, the guy is GOOD! I'm excited about the prospect of him possibly being a Miami Dolphin. But, watching Fromm throw and watching Tua throw, you're not going to convince me that Tua is more accurate than Fromm, because what I'm seeing is the opposite. Both are very accurate … but Fromm is the more accurate of the two. Fromm's throws are precise, and he leads the WR's into better RAC opportunities and away from defenders better. Again, both of these guys are improving … by the end of the season Tua could become my #1 choice … but last season I saw Fromm as the guy who was more accurate and a better fit for our Patriots style offense. From what I've seen this year, Fromm's still in the lead in all of those categories. We may just have to agree to disagree on this one. But please go back and look at the throws mentioned (with time cues and descriptions) in my updated post replying to you earlier.

Cheers brother. Here's hoping we get either of them.
I'll take another look in the next couple of days. I don't recall Fromm get any RAC from the throws I watched, only back shoulder and receivers tackled as soon as making the catch. Perhaps other games.

Cheers (sincere)

I'll take another look in the next couple of days. I don't recall Fromm get any RAC from the throws I watched, only back shoulder and receivers tackled as soon as making the catch. Perhaps other games.

Cheers (sincere)
Sounds good brother. :cheers:

All im hoping for that the QB we pick fit's our system we wont to use,

Tua Tagovailoa.

Justin Herbert.

Jake Fromm.

I don't care who Miami take because it will be a member of the front office of the Miami dolphins picking & not a fan.

He’s the only one more clueless than you when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks around here. If he’s agreeing with me I’m probably in trouble.

That’s funny... because Nobody is right all the time... but you can go back and check the history...If I was GM Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan would have been Dolphins in those drafts...your arrogance and lack of humility is apparent, as well as your blind belief in everything Alabama.

I get liking Fromm a lot. I like him pretty well. Of the QB's I wouldn't draft Top 10 in recent years, he may be my favorite. Other than Tua, he's the only CFB QB who plays like an NFL QB, and his OC does limit him. UGA's Offense is outdated.

The big problem for Fromm > Tua people is that Tua does everything Fromm does but better, and he gives you critical extras that Fromm does not - feet and instincts being the big ones.

Fromm vs Love is a more worthwhile discussion. If I'm Chicago, Nagy coming from the Andy Reid coaching tree, I'd favor Love and maybe sit him a year behind Trubisky. Don't think Chicago has a 1st this year, but I'm just using them as an example. If Miami missed on the chance to draft Tua (let's hope not), I'd favor Fromm over Love.

I'm as confident as one can be about this sort of thing that Tua is better than Fromm and the rest of the class, but I do wonder if I'm not giving Fromm enough credit for playing well despite playing in a silly, old Offense. As Slimm has said many times, CFB is always well ahead of the NFL, and even Andy Reid said the college game is always 5 years ahead of the pros. LSU finally caught up with the times, but UGA seems content with stone tools. If Fromm had better physical tools, and didn't fade straight back under pressure, I'd probably give him more credit.

I’m just telling you the facts. A logo has never swayed my evaluations. Check yourself. Check my history.

OK so Tua was effective with a clean pocket. That's to be expected when you have guys like Jerry Judy and Ruggs. And that still doesn't mean Fromm isnt any where near him. The NFL doesn't have clean pockets. You need to watch Fromm more, like I said they are closer prospects than you think. They play a little differently, Tua is explosive but we have seen what a smart accurate QB can do in the NFL like Brady.

Fromm looks like QB2 to me and that’s nothing to be ashamed of given he is behind the best QB prospect since Luck.

Fromm grades really well across the board - pocket presence, progressions, intangibles, build, leadership, arm strength....
No weaknesses. He makes every throw. He will know the playbook. He competes.
His critics will say average arm strength- I say it’s good enough. ND Game: Look at those back shoulder throws. Look at that far hash throw. Look at the end zone incompletions.

The HC Kirby Smart is too conservative - he’s a Defensive guy. He almost cost his team this weekend. 4th and 1 up 10- with the best OFF line in the country and top 5 RB - he kicks FG. TERRRIBLE!!
I have no idea how the OC is qualified?? Worked for Al Golden ?? No idea.

Alabama hardly plays hard defenses. Georgia just played Notre Dame.

Tua has all day to throw, and has receivers who are consistently open.

Georgia has harder defenses to play, as in Notre Dame recently, and Fromm looked good.

Tua sounds like he would be a Minkah type of guy "I want out because I didnt get what I want" type.

Fromm looks like a dedicated guy.

If and when he does hopefully he will hike them uniform pants down some.

Georgia has harder defenses to play, as in Notre Dame recently, and Fromm looked good.

Tua sounds like he would be a Minkah type of guy "I want out because I didnt get what I want" type.

You know,Fromm was a Bama committ,then he heard that Tua was being recruited...Fromm flipped to Ga....yea..dedicated!!

How do you feel about LSU's defense bitch slapping Fromm last year? How did you feel when Tua lit that same LSU defense up - playing on one leg? How did you feel about a 67th ranked Texas defense making Fromm look bad in the bowl game?

This season, Fromm has faced Vanderbilt (just gave up 6 TD's to Joe Burrow), Murray St. (FCS), Arkansas St. (Sun Belt), and Notre Dame so far. How did you feel about Fromm being 10 of 12 for 52 yards at halftime against that Notre Dame defense? I'm just asking and providing a few facts.

I watched Fromm against Georgia and came away with the impression that he's a game manager that dinks and dunks. He's very accurate but his YPA well into the 3rd quarter was just over 5. Can't wait to see Burrow against the better SEC defenses.

Definitely like him over Herbert, but then again, I don't like Herbert at all -- wouldn't take him at the top of the second. Herbert reminds me of a Mariota/Tannehill love child of some sort.

I don't see how Fromm's ceiling is higher than someone like Rosen though. Think he'll need a great OL, running game, and pass catchers around him to perform above average. Also the perfect system.

I think the only other QB in this draft that I'm truly intrigued by (outside of Tua who is the extremely obvious pick we're picking first) is Jordan Love.

Back
Top Bottom