Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

Now is that his ceiling, solid NFL QB?

We're not tanking for solid. We've been waiting two decades for this opportunity.

I was thinking about him earlier….he is Greise like to me...

Smart...
Good but not great arm...
Winner...
Winner...
Nice solid frame (not too tall, not sort either)...
Good pocket presence…doesn't get rattled...
Well grounded, good upbringing...
Hard worker...
Student of the game...

He might not be a number 1 pick…but he's going to be a solid QB for an NFL team for YEARS….

Now is that his ceiling, solid NFL QB?

We're not tanking for solid. We've been waiting two decades for this opportunity.

Solid meaning - Brady solid or Russell Wilson solid, solid fundamentally, no mistakes, pin-point passes.

I think we could win a Super Bowl with him.

Now is he a Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning-type…big QB with a rocket arm? No, but only Peyton won a ring out of all these guys listed.

All I'm saying is I think we could win with him. He is a country Georgia kid with balls.

Is he a #1 pick in the draft type QB? Is he "tank-level-worthy"? Probably not.

Peyton did not have a rocket for a arm..

I get liking Fromm a lot. I like him pretty well. Of the QB's I wouldn't draft Top 10 in recent years, he may be my favorite. Other than Tua, he's the only CFB QB who plays like an NFL QB, and his OC does limit him. UGA's Offense is outdated.

The big problem for Fromm > Tua people is that Tua does everything Fromm does but better, and he gives you critical extras that Fromm does not - feet and instincts being the big ones.

Fromm vs Love is a more worthwhile discussion. If I'm Chicago, Nagy coming from the Andy Reid coaching tree, I'd favor Love and maybe sit him a year behind Trubisky. Don't think Chicago has a 1st this year, but I'm just using them as an example. If Miami missed on the chance to draft Tua (let's hope not), I'd favor Fromm over Love.

I'm as confident as one can be about this sort of thing that Tua is better than Fromm and the rest of the class, but I do wonder if I'm not giving Fromm enough credit for playing well despite playing in a silly, old Offense. As Slimm has said many times, CFB is always well ahead of the NFL, and even Andy Reid said the college game is always 5 years ahead of the pros. LSU finally caught up with the times, but UGA seems content with stone tools. If Fromm had better physical tools, and didn't fade straight back under pressure, I'd probably give him more credit.

Tua throws a good deep ball and is very accurate indeed, but I wouldn't say that he has a huge arm. Given that he's a lefty, his arm reminds me of another Alabama lefty, Ken Stabler. Good, very accurate, not huge. He's good, but this whole gaga for Tua thing going on here is a bit much- is he the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, etc. Uh, no.

Fromm has good size, enough arm for me, very accurate, very intelligent and a good team leader by all accounts. Bottom line is that when I watch him play he usually seems to be making good, accurate throws, I like his pocket presence, it all works for me. I think that his arm/arm strength are being underrated, he has a good arm. Fromm is a good QB prospect, so is Tua, but I think that the Tua hype train has gone a bit too far. I also want to see more of Josh Rosen this year, I haven't remotely given up on him yet. Dude has a brain and he can throw dimes, what he doesn't have right now is an OL and a running game, not to mention his receivers have to catch the ball. He has the deck stacked against him but the guy does have some potential.

Fromm is going to be a good NFL QB, but I disagree with you here.

Tua has been over-criticized and analyzed by trying to hold him to standards that are not really achievable for such a young player, and none of the rest are or have ever been held to these same standards.

Most college quarterbacks never even see a top 10 defense - much less multiple in the same season.

If anything, Fromm hasn’t been criticized enough for getting taken to the woodshed 2 years in a row by Bama’s backup QB on the big stage - and getting outplayed by Sam Ehlinger.

Wait til scouts get a look at those tiny hands.

Tua has been over-criticized and analyzed by trying to hold him to standards that are not really achievable for such a young player, and none of the rest are or have ever been held to these same standards.

Most college quarterbacks never even see a top 10 defense - much less multiple in the same season.

If anything, Fromm hasn’t been criticized enough for getting taken to the woodshed 2 years in a row by Bama’s backup QB on the big stage - and getting outplayed by Sam Ehlinger.

Interesting point about the hand size, I hadn't considered that. We'll see how that one plays out.

Lol hand size? That's really going to sway a teams decision whether they are going to draft him?

Can you imagine a front office at the combine.....

Scout :"Fromm hand size is 9.25"
GM: "Damn it! Take him off our board, now! "

Scout: "Herbert hand size is 10.25"
GM: "OK move him up the board"

Scout: "so were just going to ignore all of Fromm's good tape now?"

GM: "yes"

The last several 1st overall picks (Goff, Mayfield, and Murray had smaller hands) and our boy Tannehill had smaller hands. And I believe Marino had relatively small hands.

Derek Carr and Jimmy G have smaller hands to note as well

Last edited:
Lol hand size? That's really going to sway a teams decision whether they are going to draft him?

Can you imagine a front office at the combine.....

Scout :"Fromm hand size is 9.25"
GM: "Take him off our board, now! "

Scout: "Herbert hand size is 10.25"
GM: "OK move him up the board"

Scout: "so were just going to ignore all of Fromm's good tape now?"

GM: "yes"

The last several 1st overall picks (Goff, Mayfield, and Murray had smaller hands) and our boy Tannehill had smaller hands. And I believe Marino had relatively small hands.

Hand size matters to NFL scouts. Tannehill was a fumble waiting to happen when he got hit.

Goff's hand size was 9", Mayfield over 9 3/4" - that's not small hands. There are no quarterbacks starting in the NFL with 8 3/4" hands like Fromm. Those are tiny. It's why he developed that idiosyncratic flip of the football every time he takes a snap. But I already talked about all this over a year ago in my QB threads from last year.

Fromm would be an ok backup QB. He isn’t a 1st round pick.
Have you seen other qbs taken in the 1st round I'd the past 15 years. It's pretty funny some posters think he isn't a 1st rounder.

Hand size matters to NFL scouts. Tannehill was a fumble waiting to happen when he got hit.

Goff's hand size was 9", Mayfield over 9 3/4" - that's not small hands. There are no quarterbacks starting in the NFL with 8 3/4" hands like Fromm. Those are tiny. It's why he developed that idiosyncratic flip of the football every time he takes a snap. But I already talked about all this over a year ago in my QB threads from last year.

Would it make you feel better if his pinky grew since high school?

And apparently hand size isnt that big of a deal to most NFL scouts since the 1st overall QBs had smaller hands compared to other QBs in their draft class.

Would it make you feel better if his pinky grew since high school?

And apparently hand size isnt that big of a deal to most NFL scouts since the 1st overall QBs had smaller hands compared to other QBs in their draft class.

Quite the strawman.

All things being equal - hand size matters. None of those QB's had hands smaller than 9".

You're not going to take a guy that sucks just because he has larger hands.

Better have plenty of these handy for your boy Fromm...

Sample - Football Squeezies Stress Reliever

Quite the strawman.

All things being equal - hand size matters. None of those QB's had hands smaller than 9".

You're not going to take a guy that sucks just because he has larger hands.

Better have plenty of these handy for your boy Fromm...

Sample - Football Squeezies Stress Reliever

Just stating the facts

In all seriousness, drafting Fromm would be the most intelligent decision the Dolphins have made in the draft in decades. You just can't draft him #1 overall. He's not the playmaker or the talent that Tua is. But I don't want to see Tua in Miami anyway.

Fromm is a perfect fit for the offense that stresses a seamless transition in the quarterback's reads and decision making, accuracy, and leadership. The Dolphins are going to love Fromm, and I think he's the pick with one of Miami's other two 1st rounders. Been saying that for a long time.

I like to poke fun at all the Tua bashers around here and over-criticize the weaknesses of all these other QB's to make 'em hear how ridiculous they sound.

In all seriousness, drafting Fromm would be the most intelligent decision the Dolphins have made in the draft in decades. You just can't draft him #1 overall. He's not the playmaker or the talent that Tua is. But I don't want to see Tua in Miami anyway.

Fromm is a perfect fit for the offense that stresses a seamless transition in the quarterback's reads and decision making, accuracy, and leadership. The Dolphins are going to love Fromm, and I think he's the pick with one of Miami's other two 1st rounders. Been saying that for a long time.

I like to poke fun at all the Tua bashers around here and over-criticize the weaknesses of all these other QB's to make 'em hear how ridiculous they sound.
Slim you blew me away with this post. Def took steps up on my ladder. Damn bro so tell me. If Miami has choice of qb would you take Fromm over Tua? Now just for Miami I know , our team not the rest of the nfl. Also not neccesary w 1st pick. Trade down, whateva. Who should miam8 target at qb.

Back
Top Bottom