Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

In all seriousness, drafting Fromm would be the most intelligent decision the Dolphins have made in the draft in decades. You just can't draft him #1 overall. He's not the playmaker or the talent that Tua is. But I don't want to see Tua in Miami anyway.

Fromm is a perfect fit for the offense that stresses a seamless transition in the quarterback's reads and decision making, accuracy, and leadership. The Dolphins are going to love Fromm, and I think he's the pick with one of Miami's other two 1st rounders. Been saying that for a long time.

I like to poke fun at all the Tua bashers around here and over-criticize the weaknesses of all these other QB's to make 'em hear how ridiculous they sound.

1: R1P1
WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA

2: R1P11
QB JAKE FROMM
GEORGIA

3: R1P19
OT TREY SMITH
TENNESSEE

4: R2P1
C CREED HUMPHREY
OKLAHOMA

5: R2P12
EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
BOISE STATE

6: R3P1
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI

7: R3P41
CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

8: R5P10
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA

9: R5P32
LB DEJON HARRIS
ARKANSAS

10: R6P1
CB DAMON ARNETTE
OHIO STATE

11: R6P31
S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

12: R7P30
OT LIAM EICHENBERG
NOTRE DAME

Slim you blew me away with this post. Def took steps up on my ladder. Damn bro so tell me. If Miami has choice of qb would you take Fromm over Tua? Now just for Miami I know , our team not the rest of the nfl. Also not neccesary w 1st pick. Trade down, whateva. Who should miam8 target at qb.

Fromm isn't a better prospect than Tua. But I do believe that the current regime might believe that he's a better fit for what Miami needs.

In other words, I think there's going to be plenty of disagreement among Miami's front office and scouts. Just like there is on this board and everywhere else. They're not all going to agree. Lastly, I wouldn't underestimate the amount of input the owner is going to have on this one.

1: R1P1
WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA

2: R1P11
QB JAKE FROMM
GEORGIA

3: R1P19
OT TREY SMITH
TENNESSEE

4: R2P1
C CREED HUMPHREY
OKLAHOMA

5: R2P12
EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
BOISE STATE

6: R3P1
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI

7: R3P41
CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

8: R5P10
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA

9: R5P32
LB DEJON HARRIS
ARKANSAS

10: R6P1
CB DAMON ARNETTE
OHIO STATE

11: R6P31
S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

12: R7P30
OT LIAM EICHENBERG
NOTRE DAME

You might want to fax that one in to Miami's front office.

Attention:: Chris Grier

Subject: What a draft is supposed to look like -

Fromm isn't a better prospect than Tua. But I do believe that the current regime might believe that he's a better fit for what Miami needs.

In other words, I think there's going to be plenty of disagreement among Miami's front office and scouts. Just like there is on this board and everywhere else. They're not all going to agree. Lastly, I wouldn't underestimate the amount of input the owner is going to have on this one.
I agree and appreciate the whole post. However I feel about that, I don't discount Herbert and Fromm. There is absolutely no way do we go into the draft with a concensious. I guess my real question is if you believe Tua is head and shoulder above, why would Miami take Fromm. What are the intangibles he has over the. Also so you know tua is the #1 prospect in my mind. But I also like Fromm a lot. I understand the system. So not really looking for a system fit, there has to be more than that.

Great last point, Fromm won't sell the seats, Tua mania will, if that's what's driving the owner then it's a simple choice. Any team with the #1 pick of the draft that takes Fromm over Tua need to be certified IMO and the back lash from that choice could be more than and an FO or ownership could possibly handle. I saw nothing in the ND game that made me change my view that Fromm is just an OK kind of pick, think he's a fit for a lot of teams not just the fins, he's going to be safe and secure but doesn't excite me in the least, I'm sure he'll have a fine NFL career but not longing to see him in Aqua at all.

I think Fromm fits what Miami is looking for but I hope they pick Tua.

Great last point, Fromm won't sell the seats, Tua mania will, if that's what's driving the owner then it's a simple choice. Any team with the #1 pick of the draft that takes Fromm over Tua need to be certified IMO and the back lash from that choice could be more than and an FO or ownership could possibly handle. I saw nothing in the ND game that made me change my view that Fromm is just an OK kind of pick, think he's a fit for a lot of teams not just the fins, he's going to be safe and secure but doesn't excite me in the least, I'm sure he'll have a fine NFL career but not longing to see him in Aqua at all.

He’s a lot more exciting of a prospect than Drew Lock. Just be glad they spared you that agony.

How is Jake Fromm going to put up 30+ points per game in the NFL? That's the measuring stick. That needs to be the criteria for any quarterback prospect. Last year among the top two seeds in each conference only the Patriots didn't score at least 500 points in the regular season. As always, lotsa luck emulating the New England Patriots.

The playoffs evolve one way in the NFL. But to get there in proper position to reasonably challenge for a title you've got to be one of those top two seeds. It requires points galore. Don't lose sight of that while scouting all the traditional quarterback crap.

Last week Georgia was 15 point favorite over Notre Dame. I think that was my most relaxing wager of the season. Is Jake Fromm even going to score 15 points against Notre Dame? I certainly didn't think it would be above low 20s. That's where it ended up. There was a brief sweat at 20-10 but overall I'll take that type of underdog against Jake Fromm every time. I don't see how the dynamic would be markedly different in the NFL. Jake Fromm is not going to scare anybody.

The entire Georgia team suffers from what I would call Razor Ruddock Syndrome...reputation forged based on two tight losses in contests that should have been won.

Best wishes when that is your calling card. Fromm has small hands and modest upside. I don't want to discount anybody, given current defensive realities in the NFL. But a tanking team needs to have exponentially higher aspirations than Jake Fromm.

Joe Burrow is interesting. He is averaging 12.3 YPA. That is an astounding number, given more than 120 attempts so far. It is probably unsustainable but if somehow it remained in that territory, then Joe Burrow will be a high first round pick. That spotlight has not let me down so far.

It is incredible that Urban Meyer stuck with JT "Little Game" Barrett for so many years , including when he had Burrow on the roster. The wave of Buckeye receivers have essentially been freed from Little Game jail the past two seasons. That stubborn decision from Meyer altered his final seasons at Columbus and very likely the college football landscape. Ohio State's roster has every birthright to be right there snug below Alabama and Clemson, with good quarterbacking. A sharp poster on a Canes forum did a SPARQ evaluation of every college roster, using test scores coming out of high school. Ohio State was top of the list as most athletic roster and it was a notable gap to second place.

Jordan Love lost his 2018 running backs so not surprising he is being asked to throw 45+ times per game. Utah State is still spunky and competitive in its own league but faces a daunting task at LSU a week from Saturday. In a fair world those two quarterbacks would change sides after each quarter.

How is Jake Fromm going to put up 30+ points per game in the NFL? That's the measuring stick. That needs to be the criteria for any quarterback prospect. Last year among the top two seeds in each conference only the Patriots didn't score at least 500 points in the regular season. As always, lotsa luck emulating the New England Patriots.

The playoffs evolve one way in the NFL. But to get there in proper position to reasonably challenge for a title you've got to be one of those top two seeds. It requires points galore. Don't lose sight of that while scouting all the traditional quarterback crap.

Last week Georgia was 15 point favorite over Notre Dame. I think that was my most relaxing wager of the season. Is Jake Fromm even going to score 15 points against Notre Dame? I certainly didn't think it would be above low 20s. That's where it ended up. There was a brief sweat at 20-10 but overall I'll take that type of underdog against Jake Fromm every time. I don't see how the dynamic would be markedly different in the NFL. Jake Fromm is not going to scare anybody.

The entire Georgia team suffers from what I would call Razor Ruddock Syndrome...reputation forged based on two tight losses in contests that should have been won.

Best wishes when that is your calling card. Fromm has small hands and modest upside. I don't want to discount anybody, given current defensive realities in the NFL. But a tanking team needs to have exponentially higher aspirations than Jake Fromm.

Joe Burrow is interesting. He is averaging 12.3 YPA. That is an astounding number, given more than 120 attempts so far. It is probably unsustainable but if somehow it remained in that territory, then Joe Burrow will be a high first round pick. That spotlight has not let me down so far.

It is incredible that Urban Meyer stuck with JT "Little Game" Barrett for so many years , including when he had Burrow on the roster. The wave of Buckeye receivers have essentially been freed from Little Game jail the past two seasons. That stubborn decision from Meyer altered his final seasons at Columbus and very likely the college football landscape. Ohio State's roster has every birthright to be right there snug below Alabama and Clemson, with good quarterbacking. A sharp poster on a Canes forum did a SPARQ evaluation of every college roster, using test scores coming out of high school. Ohio State was top of the list as most athletic roster and it was a notable gap to second place.

Jordan Love lost his 2018 running backs so not surprising he is being asked to throw 45+ times per game. Utah State is still spunky and competitive in its own league but faces a daunting task at LSU a week from Saturday. In a fair world those two quarterbacks would change sides after each quarter.

Fromm is held back by Kirby's conservative offense and nature. He's trying to run Alabama's 2010 offense in 2019. If you turn Fromm loose and let him show what he can do - people will be surprised. You're missing the boat on Fromm by trying to apply some sort of statistical template to him. Kinda like you did with Daniel Jones. Don't underestimate traditional quarterback crap. Although I realize you think you're too smart for it. Which you may be - but I haven't seen it yet.

Joe Burrow has been helped tremendously by Joe Brady being hired from the Saints to be the passing game coordinator. LSU completely changed their offense. Burrow is playing in a wide open spread offense with RPO's now - like he did in high school. He's not being forced to operate from under center and turn his back to the defense anymore in LSU's previous and outdated by decades offense. It looks as if Burrow has suddenly morphed into Sam Bradford to the stat thumpers. Not exactly.

Fromm's statistics would benefit in the same nature if allowed to open it up to a group of NFL WR's like Burrow has. Believe me when I say Fromm is still ahead of Burrow. He doesn't make as many mistakes as Burrow makes. Burrow makes more mistakes than people think if you watch the film and know what you're doing. He just gets away with a lot of 'em so far.

He’s a lot more exciting of a prospect than Drew Lock. Just be glad they spared you that agony.

Not ready to eat any crow on Drew Lock just yet, he'll take over next year after being put on IR I believe. I still recall how he much better he looked than every other QB at senior bowl training, two of those guys won games this week. Time will tell, you may still be right but too early to call just yet.

Not ready to eat any crow on Drew Lock just yet, he'll take over next year after being put on IR I believe. I still recall how he much better he looked than every other QB at senior bowl training, two of those guys won games this week. Time will tell, you may still be right but too early to call just yet.

You ready to eat some on Feleipe Franks yet :lol:

Mister Grier and his Marvelous Team ain't gonna do some stupid crap
like pick Fromm high in R1 when the kid is going to slide way down!
Insufficient physicality and just OK athletics -- but yeah the kid is
mature and demonstrates strong leadership on the field etc.

Get real! The kid is going to face ridiculous competition at the
combine and pretty much get his a s s kicked!

If we land the #1 pick we'd have a legit shot to the land Fromm at the top
of the board day 2! Beyond that -- if we have the #1 pick and don't take Tua
then I'd have to see Grier get really nasty greedy and just pillage somebody!
(trading out of the pick)

Last, I get the feeling you're coming around on Mister Grier and gradually
(little bama baby steps) acknowledge the brilliant job he's done since taking
control December 31st, 2018!

BNF

Mister Grier and his Marvelous Team ain't gonna do some stupid crap
like pick Fromm high in R1 when the kid is going to slide way down!
Insufficient physicality and just OK athletics -- but yeah the kid is
mature and demonstrates strong leadership on the field etc.

Get real! The kid is going to face ridiculous competition at the
combine and pretty much get his a s s kicked!

If we land the #1 pick we'd have a legit shot to the land Fromm at the top
of the board day 2! Beyond that -- if we have the #1 pick and don't take Tua
then I'd have to see Grier get really nasty greedy and just pillage somebody!
(trading out of the pick)

Last, I get the feeling you're coming around on Mister Grier and gradually
(little bama baby steps) acknowledge the brilliant job he's done since taking
control December 31st, 2018!

BNF

Grier is a troll planted by the Patriots. He's going to keep picking one-legged rodeo clowns from somewhere in the Midwest and keep getting standing ovations from his groupies like you.

Happy Hump Day my twisted little Grier groper :lol:

Grier is a troll planted by the Patriots. He's going to keep picking one-legged rodeo clowns from somewhere in the Midwest and keep getting standing ovations from his groupies like you.

Happy Hump Day my twisted little Grier groper :lol:

Geez dude! You can't even get your own shtick right!

It's Grier Groupie!

After the next draft you'll be forced to acknowledge and recite daily:

Fear The Grier!

Coming to your neighborhood soon!

Back
Top Bottom