Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm's Leadership is Making Him a Georgia Legend---What Miami Needs?

In your opinion.

I wouldn't argue Fromm over Tua, at this point, but if someone did, I wouldn't imply they were an idiot.

And no, I didn't like RG3 over luck. I beleive in a pocket passer that negotiates the pocket effectively, and delivers the rock on time, by making the correct reads.

That's still the beat way, IMO.

Idiot? No. Biased? Absolutely.

I like Fromm. I haven't watched him as much as Tua, but when I have Tua is every bit as good as Fromm in the areas listed. He definitely isn't more accurate than Tua on all three levels of the field. Tua is as capable in running an offense as Fromm, but Tua gives a team big play capability that Fromm does not. The discrepancy in numbers certainly tell a story.

Fromm...
430 comp, 654 att, 65.7% comp, 9.1 YPA, 59 TD, 13 int, 168.3 QB rating (99 rush, 49 yards, .5 YPC, 3 TD)

Tua...
381 comp, 544 att, 70% comp, 10.8 YPA, 71 TD, 8 int, 201.2 QB rating (93 rush, 359 yards, 3.9 YPC, 8 TD)

It’s more than numbers though. It’s the way Tua manipulates defenders with his eyes. It’s his ball placement. It’s his poise in the pocket. He does these things at a level far superior than anyone else in this class.

I actually really like Fromm. From what I have seen I would use a 1st round pick on him. I think his floor is higher than most. Accurate passer and very smart. He's a winner too and has a lot of experience against SEC competition. Not sure why more on here aren't high on him.

I think the whole arm strength thing is over emphasized. From what I've seen he can make all the throws. He's a bigger Drew Brees. We need a leader like that. I think Tua has good intangibles but Fromm has great intangibles and very poised.

I'm still not sold on Herbert, he's big and has a strong arm, both are overrated traits. Herbert looks like Josh Allen 2.0.

I'm also intrigued by Joe Burrow. And I of course really like Tua.

So you're banging on the table for Fromm over Tua?
The kid doesn't throw the ball nearly enough for my liking and a serious evaluation one way or the other.
That Georgia team runs the ball...A LOT!

On the surface Fromm is really accurate. But I do question whether he has an NFL arm?
I get it, he doesn't have a cannon. But he can make all the throws. The test is the quick out, and he throws that well. When Brady was at Michigan, people wanted the guy with the more potential, the bigger upside, Drew Henson. They got him, and he wasn't a great QB in college or the NFL. But I sometimes those physical qualities, while drool-worthy, aren't the deciding factors. For our offense, we demand fantastic pre-snap reads … that screams Fromm. We demand quick processing of information … that's Jake Fromm all day long. We require ultra-precise throwing … which is exactly what Fromm brings. We insist on consistent accuracy and avoiding INT's, and Jake Fromm can do that well.

I'm not saying that Fromm is the only guy who can be the answer for us. In fact, I see three potential answers in the 2020 class, Fromm, Tua, and Herbert. I also agree with the logic as to why each of them might be our best choice. But if you're asking me who fits this offense best, hands down, it's Jake Fromm. If you're asking me throughout last year and into this year who would be my #1, it's Jake Fromm--although that could change depending upon how the other two guys develop. All three are good prospects, and I will not be surprised if they go 1-2-3 in the draft, I wouldn't even blink an eye, despite the pass rushers available. I'm comfortable with the #1, #2, or even #3 pick … but of course I want the #1, and if we get it, I can see Fromm being our guy. IMHO, we need to take whomever is our guy, and not get cute and try to trade down. We have plenty of picks to draft the rest of the team.

I'm not yet pounding the table for the guy … I'll reserve that for after the season, but yeah, I guess you could say I'm banging the drum a bit already.

Another poster compared him to Bob Griese … and I could see that.

I like Fromm. I haven't watched him as much as Tua, but when I have Tua is every bit as good as Fromm in the areas listed. He definitely isn't more accurate than Tua on all three levels of the field. Tua is as capable in running an offense as Fromm, but Tua gives a team big play capability that Fromm does not. The discrepancy in numbers certainly tell a story.

Fromm...
430 comp, 654 att, 65.7% comp, 9.1 YPA, 59 TD, 13 int, 168.3 QB rating (99 rush, 49 yards, .5 YPC, 3 TD)

Tua...
381 comp, 544 att, 70% comp, 10.8 YPA, 71 TD, 8 int, 201.2 QB rating (93 rush, 359 yards, 3.9 YPC, 8 TD)
Watch the individual throws. Tua is 6-12" off on about a third of his throws. He throws behind crossers, leads streaking guys a tad too much. His team is so good, they're almost all completions, and the stats go up … but honestly, if you're asking me which QB throws into a tight window most consistently precisely … it's Jake Fromm. Where I'm going to keep watching Fromm is how he responds when his very good OL breaks down, as that'll definitely be a step up in challenge for Fromm, and is likely to happen on the Dolphins. Herbert and Tua have already proven they can handle that well.

It’s more than numbers though. It’s the way Tua manipulates defenders with his eyes. It’s his ball placement. It’s his poise in the pocket. He does these things at a level far superior than anyone else in this class.

I don't think Tua is that far from Fromm in terms of poise in the pocket and ball placement. Fromm throws back shoulder throws better than any QB I've seen in college.

I don't think Tua is that far from Fromm in terms of poise in the pocket and ball placement. Fromm throws back shoulder throws better than any QB I've seen in college.

I suppose we’ll see if the NFL agrees with you in a few months. I’m betting Fromm is at best the third QB off the board, after Tua and Love.

I like Fromm, I believe he can be a really good starting quarterback in the NFL. But he’s been taken to the woodshed 2 years in a row by Alabama’s backup quarterback.

If that was Tua - clowns around here would be bashing him relentlessly for it.

Furthermore, Fromm hasn’t shown that the offense can run through him. He’s only able to be effective when UGA’s running game is dominating the opposition. Georgia’s offense goes through its running backs.

When he was forced to throw against LSU last year they smothered him. Again, Tua gets bashed relentlessly on this board by a few clowns and he’s never looked that ineffective against anybody. Nobody talks about all the ineffective games by other QB’s here that happen with much more frequency,

I suppose we’ll see if the NFL agrees with you in a few months. I’m betting Fromm is at best the third QB off the board, after Tua and Love.

I don't think Fromm will be the first QB off the board but he is a very good QB Prospect. Tua is definitely more explosive. And I think Tua and Herbert have more upside and Fromm is a "safer" pick. but both Tua and Fromm have superior talent around them.

Tua is miles better than Fromm in the pocket. Fromm tends to drift straight back against pressure and can’t throw off platform when moved off his spot. Tua is also much better at dealing with a muddied pocket.

Tua led the country in passing from a clean pocket. Not Fromm.

It’s not even close.

Tua is miles better than Fromm in the pocket. Fromm tends to drift straight back against pressure and can’t throw off platform when moved off his spot. Tua is also much better at dealing with a muddied pocket.

Tua led the country in passing from a clean pocket. Not Fromm.

It’s not even close.

Agree to disagree. I like Tua more than Fromm but I still think they are closer than you think, especially from a Bama fan.

Could be a very good QB draft class this year and looks like will get to pick which ever guy we want, God I hope we don't screw it up.

Watching Herbert vs Stanford. Three-men rush, and he threw a quick dump off short of the sticks. That would drive me nuts. It's a no so far from me.

Watch the individual throws. Tua is 6-12" off on about a third of his throws. He throws behind crossers, leads streaking guys a tad too much. His team is so good, they're almost all completions, and the stats go up … but honestly, if you're asking me which QB throws into a tight window most consistently precisely … it's Jake Fromm. Where I'm going to keep watching Fromm is how he responds when his very good OL breaks down, as that'll definitely be a step up in challenge for Fromm, and is likely to happen on the Dolphins. Herbert and Tua have already proven they can handle that well.
Fromm has not lacked from having talent around him either and I would give a sizable edge to Georgia's OL.

I've watched every Tua pass in his career with the exception of a few early games during 2017 when he came in relief of Hurts. It seems to be a reach to criticize his ball placement. It is exceptional! He throws better slants than any college QB I've seen.

Rarely does he throw behind crossers and that is with speedy receivers or leads to much. That's one of his biggest assets is that he hits receivers in stride as they don't lose momentum by having to turn or twist their body.

Are you sure you are watching Tua? It's amazing how few passes get dropped and every announcer raves several times a game about his accuracy including former QBs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom