jake long is not joe thomas | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jake long is not joe thomas

And if worse case scenario is that he switches over to the RT side and becomes dominating there such a bad thing? I know you're going to say, "you don't draft a RT #1 overall." And I would have to agree with that, but, as many people are admitting about Robert Gallery, he hasn't really "busted" since he still is starting for the team that drafted him, just at a different position. If Chris Long, who I wouldn't mind us taking, can't play the OLB in the 3-4, what position will he play?

Yea it is bad thing if he cant cut it at RT. Basically we miss out on other better players to take a RT and pay him all that money? I dont think so. RT's can be found. You dont need to spend the number one overall pick on one.

I dont see how you wouldnt call Gallery a bust. Thats great he is starting at G, but last time I checked they still have huge needs at the T position so what did they do by drafting Gallery at number 2? They have a huge cap hit for a guy that is doing ok at guard and still have problems on the edge. So now they have to spend more money and more picks to fix the position all over again. Lets say for instance they decide to draft Ryan Clady. They now have spent 2 top five picks on position. Not exactly the smartest strategy.

Yea it is bad thing if he cant cut it at RT. Basically we miss out on other better players to take a RT and pay him all that money? I dont think so. RT's can be found. You dont need to spend the number one overall pick on one.

I dont see how you wouldnt call Gallery a bust. Thats great he is starting at G, but last time I checked they still have huge needs at the T position so what did they do by drafting Gallery at number 2? They have a huge cap hit for a guy that is doing ok at guard and still have problems on the edge. So now they have to spend more money and more picks to fix the position all over again. Lets say for instance they decide to draft Ryan Clady. They now have spent 2 top five picks on position. Not exactly the smartest strategy.

So you only have smart strategy when you get lucky and draft someone who becomes a stud for you? Smart strategy IMO is picking for your needs when you were 1 and 15 last season. If that draftee turns out a bust, then you better not draft any more players at that position or Perfect Team won't call that "smart strategy"????

Look, we both want what's best for our fins, right? Then I ask you, who would you pick if you were in charge of our draft? What draftee out there doesn't have some ?s about their ability to perform at the next level?

If you would like to read my earlier post I gave you a few places to look at. Check out what Cam Heyward did to him and then I showed you what Gholston did. Find the wisconsin game and watch shaughnessy. Watch some of the Florida game. You see a TE and RB kept back to help out and the guard blocking down to take away the inside move. Again though, not on a stat sheet. As for my opinion, alot of people seem to share it.

Shaughnessy played RE which lines up on the weakside or LT of the offense. I guess they dont show that on the stat sheet though. So tell me how the right side of the line comes into play again?

shaughnessy got 1 1/2 sacks in that game. if Jake didn't give up any sacks, can you explain to me where he lined up again?

So you only have smart strategy when you get lucky and draft someone who becomes a stud for you? Smart strategy IMO is picking for your needs when you were 1 and 15 last season. If that draftee turns out a bust, then you better not draft any more players at that position or Perfect Team won't call that "smart strategy"????

Look, we both want what's best for our fins, right? Then I ask you, who would you pick if you were in charge of our draft? What draftee out there doesn't have some ?s about their ability to perform at the next level?

Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. Here is a quote from Gil Brandt about Chris Long.

"I don't know of a player in this draft who has no negatives," says Gil Brandt, draft analyst for NFL.com and former vice president of player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys. "Except Chris Long."

shaughnessy got 1 1/2 sacks in that game. if Jake didn't give up any sacks, can you explain to me where he lined up again?

Again congratulations on reading a stat sheet again. Tell me how the stats showed that Shaughnessy got pressure alot on Mallet, was holding his ground in the running and making tackles in the backfield while playing RE again?

Again congratulations on reading a stat sheet again. Tell me how the stats showed that Shaughnessy got pressure alot on Mallet, was holding his ground in the running and making tackles in the backfield while playing RE again?

just answer the question. if he was at RE, how did he get sacks? we all know Jake didn't give up any. tell me again( I mean for the first time) how that is possible? oh yeah, IT ISN'T

Why do you keep arguing with this guy? He doesn't know football and won't stop arguing about everything. According to him hurries don't mean anything, forcing the QB to throw the ball away doesn't count lol. Jake's bad footwork and movement has been acknowledged by almost everyone including Jake end of discussion. He's no Joe Thomas plain and simple get over it.

Why do you keep arguing with this guy? He doesn't know football and won't stop arguing about everything. According to him hurries don't mean anything, forcing the QB to throw the ball away doesn't count lol. Jake's bad footwork and movement has been acknowledged by almost everyone including Jake end of discussion. He's no Joe Thomas plain and simple get over it.

you're right. at this point, he's better

just answer the question. if he was at RE, how did he get sacks? we all know Jake didn't give up any. tell me again( I mean for the first time) how that is possible? oh yeah, IT ISN'T

I love how you only use sacks and what you read off stat sheets for your argument. Again I ask you, show me your stat sheet where it shows Shaughnessy getting pressure. Show me on the stat sheet where you see Cam Heyward blow him backwards on a pass rush. If you would like to use only one stat to back up a weak argument then go ahead.

you're right. at this point, he's better

You're a joke... lmao. No scout would say Long is a better prospect than Joe Thomas but according to your fantasy world b/c he won an award he is better. I know you're happy that you looked up a few stats but anyone who's seen the two knows who projects better as a LT in the NFL. The amount of dumb statements you make deserves an award.

I love how you only use sacks and what you read off stat sheets for your argument. Again I ask you, show me your stat sheet where it shows Shaughnessy getting pressure. Show me on the stat sheet where you see Cam Heyward blow him backwards on a pass rush. If you would like to use only one stat to back up a weak argument then go ahead.

I'm glad you like it, because it proves you are wrong about him only playing RE. it also shows that if he got sacks from LE, he no doubt got his pressure from the other side too. sorry to use facts to debunk your swayed opinion.
Heyward blew him back? great, too bad he couldn't finish.

Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. Here is a quote from Gil Brandt about Chris Long.

"I don't know of a player in this draft who has no negatives," says Gil Brandt, draft analyst for NFL.com and former vice president of player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys. "Except Chris Long."

I know and respect Gil Brandt's opinion above many. But because one person says that about him doesn't mean there are no negatives. Have you not heard the "experts" say that you should beware of athletes who have big senior seasons when their production before that was average at best. That throws a lot of ? marks into Chris Long, don't you think? My point being, there is no candidate that hasn't had some criticism about their abilities or production. Period. End of Story. We could argue all day LONG (no pun intended) about this but the fact remains that the draft is nothing but a crap shoot.

You're a joke... lmao. No scout would say Long is a better prospect than Joe Thomas but according to your fantasy world b/c he won an award he is better. I know you're happy that you looked up a few stats but anyone who's seen the two knows who projects better as a LT in the NFL. The amount of dumb statements you make deserves an award.
projections are simply predictions, we will see who is better. in terms of college careers, you have already conceded Jake is better

Back
Top Bottom