Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins.

We tag him it is 12.5 mil cap hit! Look at the Giants lt they aren't blowing cap space like that. Niether is Pit or GB, only us and Cleveland. Pack your bags Jake.

I think it this were true, we would have picked Massie to be our RT. And we've passed on him repeatedly.

the problem is if you were really gonna do this why the hell didn't you put him on the block PRIOR to the damn draft...instead you let him play out 2012 and walk for free???

thats some dumb stuff...if its true

I have an answer for this...but most of the homers on this board wouldn't like it so I'll keep quiet. I'm seriously considering taking this season off from watching the fins if we don't get adequate value for Long. It would just be one more in a long line of pathetic, idiotic mistakes by Ireland and friends.

Martin will be back up at both tackle spots this year, then we franchise Jake. He knows the salary structure has changed and I am sure he realizes that no one will pay him what he currently makes. In a couple more years, once Martin is reaching his prime, Long will play right tackle.
Jake will be here a Long time.

Only shaky ground Jake Long is in is that he was injured last season and Ireland had no legitimate backup LT. Now he got himself an insurance policy should Long go down again... Martin moves to LT and either Murtha or Jerry moves to RT. Good move. Same thing with Miller. Should Bush go down to injury.... Miller moves in.

Hey crap happens. I love Jake Long, but I am a Phin's fan first and I want what is in the team's best interest over any player's best interest.

lol at all of you thinking we're getting rid of Jake Long. As if any 'scheme' or 2nd round OT can make an elite LT expendable.Miami simply doesn't have the cap room to sign their rookies, Jake and Cam this year. They will have Jake play this year out, then either franchise him, or sign him to a long term deal next year.

Long deserves top money, and rebuilding mode doesn't mean getrid of the great players you already have, and that are in the prime of their career. Get real.

I think Martin is our RT. If Jake goes down with an injury, we will have better options this time around. Jake is one of the Top 2 LT's in the game today.

There is NO WAY Miami lets him walk after the season...lol. That would be like letting a CJ JR, AJ, AP, Revis type player walk for free. Not going to happen!

If Miami trades Jake... Better get damn good value as in (2) 1st round picks and (1) 3rd round pick..lol.

lol at all of you thinking we're getting rid of Jake Long. As if any 'scheme' or 2nd round OT can make an elite LT expendable.Miami simply doesn't have the cap room to sign their rookies, Jake and Cam this year. They will have Jake play this year out, then either franchise him, or sign him to a long term deal next year.

Long deserves top money, and rebuilding mode doesn't mean getrid of the great players you already have, and that are in the prime of their career. Get real.

It does if they start showing early symptoms of Tony Boselli Disease.

Not so sure if this is aimed towards my post. But in no way was I saying Jake Long was expendable, but you've got to put a cap on how much money to give him. Does changing blocking schemes affect that cap?

After Boselli's 4th year in the league, he already missed 8 games due to injury. Long has missed 2.

Back
Top Bottom