Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins.

Please dont lose Jake Long, dude has Hall of Fame all over him if he can stay healthy. Having him is part of Tannehill's development.

I truly can't believe the unfounded thinking since we drafted Martin.

With this thinking, the LG should be worried about his job when we draft a RG. The LT should worry about his job when we draft a RT. The LDE should worry about his job when we draft a RDE and so on.

Really?! People seriously... EAT A SNICKERS!

CHILL OUT!

We have so many immature Chicken Little's around here that EVERY move means the SKY IS FALLING! OMG.... WE DRAFTED A PLAYER! IT MUST MEAN "player x" is out the door! OMG OMG OMG

We have a whole year to sign Jake Long. Really? Our BEST player is on SHAKY GROUND?! REALLY?! Yea, I'm sure the best LT in the game is SHAKING IN HIS BOOTS about not getting paid. I'm sure there's not 31 other teams in this league that wouldn't touch him. REALLY?

CHILL OUT. SHEESH. ENJOY THE DRAFT!

I'll be straight up with you all right now, if a team offers a first and third round pick for Jake Long I'll take it. We could always draft another tackle, though I'd like to keep him and just have our line settled for a decade.

We just filled the LT position.

Jake Long is pricing himself out of a job. Jake Long is one of the last of the super costly rookies before the new rookie pay scale kicked in. That is a dead time for the NFL now and so are those 1st contracts. I'd try to trade almost anyone i had on my team that still had one of those overpriced contracts.

And now he will want more because no one accepts less or the same amount.

We could draft RT Zebrie Sanders today and I'd trade Jake Long in a heartbeat for a early 1st round pick plus maybe a player at a need position. .

J Martin is making 1/5 of what J Long makes and Long is not 2-3 times better.

We did not know that we could of drafted J Martin so we could not have traded him before the draft. If we did, our chances of getting a very good LT would have been poor.

Like it or not the Dolphins are in a semi rebuilding mode so we need to look at the future and that is not paying ANYONE $12-15 million a year who plays on the OL.

Martin today is not even 1/5th player of Jake Long. Until this kid gets into NFL shape and can handle the likes of a Mario Williams or the NYJ blitzing schemes, he is just a rookie trying to be something.

Just the fact you stated Long isn't 2 to 3x better, goes to show you already put too much stock into Martin. And for the most part don't understand what martin is.

Can't some of you people wait to see what these rookies do in the NFL, before making such bloated BS statements?

It time to let him go. How many games did we win with him last few yrs? how did Henne do behind him or how did ronnie do? I would trade him if we can or let him walk, and we just draft RT next yr.

We just filled the LT position.

Jake Long is pricing himself out of a job. Jake Long is one of the last of the super costly rookies before the new rookie pay scale kicked in. That is a dead time for the NFL now and so are those 1st contracts. I'd try to trade almost anyone i had on my team that still had one of those overpriced contracts.

And now he will want more because no one accepts less or the same amount.

We could draft RT Zebrie Sanders today and I'd trade Jake Long in a heartbeat for a early 1st round pick plus maybe a player at a need position. .

J Martin is making 1/5 of what J Long makes and Long is not 2-3 times better.

We did not know that we could of drafted J Martin so we could not have traded him before the draft. If we did, our chances of getting a very good LT would have been poor.

Like it or not the Dolphins are in a semi rebuilding mode so we need to look at the future and that is not paying ANYONE $12-15 million a year who plays on the OL.

Long is an elite LT in his prime. What he makes in FA will have nothing to do with his rookie contract and everything to do with how he has played, which is All Pro caliber. Franchise LTs are in the $10-12 million range now. If Long hits the open market, some team will pay him Mario Williams money.

Furthermore, Long could easily be 2-3 times better than Martin. Martin fell to the second round because there are concerns about how well he can play LT in the pros. The Bills, who are in desperate need of a LT, took Cordy Glenn over Martin, which says that they think he's more RT than LT. IMO, Miami drafted Martin for the right side of the line.

That he can play LT is an insurance policy if the Dolphins can't re-sign Long or if he gets hurt, but I cannot imagine that they would let Long walk away. Teams just don't kick elite LTs in their prime to the curb ... unless they're run by stooopid jackasses like Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron!

Long is an elite LT in his prime. What he makes in FA will have nothing to do with his rookie contract and everything to do with how he has played, which is All Pro caliber. Franchise LTs are in the $10-12 million range now. If Long hits the open market, some team will pay him Mario Williams money.

Furthermore, Long could easily be 2-3 times better than Martin. Martin fell to the second round because there are concerns about how well he can play LT in the pros. The Bills, who are in desperate need of a LT, took Cordy Glenn over Martin, which says that they think he's more RT than LT. IMO, Miami drafted Martin for the right side of the line.

That he can play LT is an insurance policy if the Dolphins can't re-sign Long or if he gets hurt, but I cannot imagine that they would let Long walk away. Teams just don't kick elite LTs in their prime to the curb ... unless they're run by stooopid jackasses like Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron!

The echo chamber is in full affect here. When Peters was sent to PHI, BUF and that offensive line went into a tail spin. And according to many here, you can just draft some schmoe in the later rounds to fill a hole like LT. I guess Tannehill will need to be athletic, cause his ass will be running for his life if MIA lets Jake walk. And those here advocating such stupidity will not only eat crow about Jake, but Tannehill.

The echo chamber is in full affect here. When Peters was sent to PHI, BUF and that offensive line went into a tail spin. And according to many here, you can just draft some schmoe in the later rounds to fill a hole like LT. I guess Tannehill will need to be athletic, cause his ass will be running for his life if MIA lets Jake walk. And those here advocating such stupidity will not only eat crow about Jake, but Tannehill.

We'll see. But if you are wrong, will you eat crow? Doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom