Jake Long retired - "Proud and lifelong Miami Dolphin" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long retired - "Proud and lifelong Miami Dolphin"

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
[TWEET]856545292656680960[/TWEET]

Herald wrote about it here - https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/856562597646282754

Jake Long is a good guy and a hall of fame level talent. He retired as a free agent, but he said a lot of nice things about the fins so I thought you folks may be interested.

In a perfect world? He would still be protecting the blindside of Dolphins QB Aaron Rodgers (which is why I never liked the Matt Ryan BS), but sadly for Jake he got anything but perfect luck in his pro career

I still think meatball and the Dolphins did a lot of harm to his long term health. Very sad - he was a hell of a player and should have had a great career ending in the honour roll and maybe even Canton - I really do believe he was that good. Hated seeing injury destroy his career

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanking Mr. Ross, Parcells, and Sparano.

There seems to be an omission there...:lol:

Its a shame it didn't work out but i wish him the best in his next endeavors.

Reading the roto blurb:

As soon as he stepped on the field, Long was one of the premier left tackles in the sport. He made the Pro Bowl each of his first four seasons and was named a first-team All Pro in 2010

When did we last have a draft pick with that kind of success? Injuries crippled Jake, I think this caused a lot of people to forget just how ****ing good he was.

Roto also mentioned that before he hurt his back he was on a a 61-game starting streak. He left us and tore his ACL again with the rams and even tore his Achilles with the Vikings last year

In a sense, I think Jake Long was his own worst enemy. He played through injuries that he probably shouldn't have and then injuries just derailed his career.

Honestly, had he stayed healthy Long might have been a Hall of Famer. He was a dominant player until the injuries kept coming.

I don't remember clearly, but didn't he first get really jacked up after Sparano left him in a meaningless preseason game while he was still recovering from a nagging injury?

I don't remember clearly, but didn't he first get really jacked up after Sparano left him in a meaningless preseason game while he was still recovering from a nagging injury?

This is how I remember it.

Can we do some NBA thing where we sign him to a 1 day contract and he can retire a Dolphin, I think we owe him that much.

Great player when he entered the league. Sparano playing him on an island against Julius Perrpers when Long could only use one friggin' arm was both a testament to how dominant Long could be, and a testament to just how dumb Sparano was.

I wish Jake Long the best. For me he will go down with Yatil Green as the what-minght-have-been club if players derailed by injury. Thanks Jake. You will never walk alone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So ****ty his body couldn't hold up. Could've been an all time great. Feel the same about Clady. Thought those two would be carrying the torch at LT along with Thomas for a long time. A number of guys fit into that 'if not for ________' category. I always wondered whether he was encouraged to play through stuff or if he just refused to take the bench. Doesn't matter at this point. He still has a super hot wife to go home to and millions in the bank ... not too shabby. Best of luck to him.

Yep against the cowboys and their desperate scrubs. Not only was it a meaningless preseason game. But it was the most meaningless of the meaningless preseason games. Dude was nevertheless the same since

Had three or four great years but has spent the rest as a broken-down player chasing a paycheck (always making sure to tell the media "I'm the healthiest I've been in years"). Always seemed to be a class act, but of course I'm doubtful of anyone who counts Richie Incognito among their friends. When it's all said and done I wonder if Long is even a top 10 all time Dolphins offensive lineman.

Goes to show that there's no such thing as a "guaranteed" pick no matter the pedigree and position. As great as he was for a while, that's the main thing I'll take away from his time here.

Surprised you didn't move your own thread since he's no longer a dolphin. Is he retiring a fin?

If you cant see the Dolphins connection when a former player retires and goes out of his way to thank the Dolphins? THen I can't help you

Back
Top Bottom