Jake Long retired - "Proud and lifelong Miami Dolphin" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long retired - "Proud and lifelong Miami Dolphin"

Jeff Ireland grew up a Chicago Bears water boy. But nobody has ever carried his water farther and harder than Armando. Watching Ireland getting flushed down the toilet was hilarious for many reasons and watching Mando scramble as his source was being shown the door was one of my favorites. It was pure laziness on Mando's part -- he had suckled Ireland's balls well enough and long enough that Ireland fed him lots of information. He didn't want to have to go through that again.

I knew Ireland was feeding him stuff when Mando did that fluff piece for him after that Harbaugh meeting debacle. Poor multimillionaire Jeff Ireland had to worry if he was going to feed his kids if big bad Ross canned him for not getting on the plane. Also it seemed way too often when there was a bad draft pick there was a story coming out from Mando that Philbin/Sparano/Ross/Parcells was pounding the table for the guy. I'm just so glad he's gone. The guy sucked as a person and as a general manager.

Armando was definitely Ireland's bitch. It was embarrassing.

He got nailed by things out of his control. Solid professional player who never caused any negatives.

TS kept playing him in the final games of a losing season, which made his injuries far worse. My favourite fun since Zach T.

I will never question Ryan over Jake, as Big J was too good to ever be questioned

Matt Ryan or Rodgers wouldn't be the same QB in Miami during the time Long was here. The Falcons have been super aggressive with putting talent around Ryan, and the Pack drafts way better than Miami. Long in his prime was on track for a HOF. I was at the game where Sprano kept him in the game. Jake was playing horrible all game and I think Sprano was trying to make a point about keeping him in. You could see the confusion on the sideline. Either way he is a pile of crap.

Back
Top Bottom