Jakeem Grant Return Issues | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Return Issues

Jakeem needs to reduce his error rate rapidly to remain on this team. His natural speed and his feisty competitive nature are great but decisions will soon be made to give other players opportunities to replace him if the errors continue (and Jakeem probably knows it). Somewhere in the organization, someone is going to ask let's see what Malcolm Perry or Lynn Bowden Jr can do?

grants in that top 4 wr group so I doubt anything’s gonna change but I would seriously give perry some looks.

It’s obvious Bowden is the wildcard wildcat package usage guy. Nothing in terms of actual wr usage yet really

Just find someone who can judge and catch the ball clean. Grant scares the **** out of me every time he attempts to catch a punt. I know he can take it to the house with that speed but would rather have someone who is more consistent.

He's on my replace list for the offseason for sure. Free up some # (i assume, not sure how his hit / dead cap is)

Get Wilson back as insurance if we dont get someone in the draft. Draft a speedster / playmaker this year. Waddle please. The connection makes too much sense and he has the juice we need

I'd rather see Perry than Grant on returns and receiving honestly at this point. He provides some nice plays every few games, but I just dont trust the guy. Fitz hit him perfectly and he had running room..... drop

I've defended him for a while now as I've seen him make some good plays. He has the most return TD's in Dolphins history, so I get why he's back there.

But I've seen him muff so many punts (hehe...muff) that I'm done with him. Time to give someone else more snaps.
Give me back Ted Ginn (in his prime) any time over Grant. Or hell, Ginn at 30+ has still been a great returner

Don't let the door hit you in the bumper on your way out. He's had issues since being drafted with fielding Punt Retuns. If it weren't for the occasional big gainer as KR he'd might be gone already. He offers very little as a WR or Gaget Play Option. Time to move on.

He’d be better off inside the dolphin costume on the sidelines. If he’s got the balance to land the back flips

Love the dudes attitude and you wish you had guys like him everywhere however he’s just not a good football player.

Maybe he needs something to slow his mind down. It's almost like anxiety is making him too tense. He's ultra fast, but seldom has the opportunity to really show it. His body twitch is so quick that he often stumbles and trips himself up. You also can see him really wanting to explode but doesn't secure the ball first.
If he could calm down a little, he could be great. It's difficult to watch him field punts right now, but I think he can fix it.

He keeps thinking about the home run play but he will redeem himself eventually.

Back
Top Bottom