Jakeem Grant vs. Omar Kelly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant vs. Omar Kelly

My mistake, this is probably the tweet that got him:

"I'm sorry, but Jakeem Grant experiment was a major failure. A WR whose hands you don't trust has little value in the NFL. Not into gimmicks"

Then he goes on to calling grant and carroo failed picks because Scott was active.

"I'm sorry, but Jakeem Grant experiment was a major failure. A WR whose hands you don't trust has little value in the NFL. Not into gimmicks"

Then he goes on to calling grant and carroo failed picks because Scott was active.

Not sure I disagree with him on that one

Drake is our best returner and Caroo and Grant have done nothing on O.

I hope they both break out v Pitt :idk:

Kelly has been bashing Grant for at least the past month maybe more. Some of it's justified, some of it is Kelly trying to find one or two negative stories in a sea of positives and focusig on those. I won't bash Grant, he's made it further than most and further than most thought he would. However, Grant needs to step it up if he's going to stick around next season. I think he could be as much of a weapon as Hill is in KC, but it's going to take some work. Not every receiver is good at fielding pnts. People think because Grant is short and fast that returning punts is what he should do best even though he no experience at it. Grant can be an offensive weapon if used properly and if he improves in a few areas. At some point he's going to either get a grasp on being a punt returner or hope a team gives him a shot at being a viable slot receiver.

:lol:

Sounds like Omar. Mr. Clairvoyant.

Yes I believe that was the one also, I agree with UK's take on it though. Reporters are going to say bad things about players, just the way it is, how about just worry about improving your game and proving them wrong?

Not sure I disagree with him on that one

Drake is our best returner and Caroo and Grant have done nothing on O.

I hope they both break out v Pitt :idk:

The comment is true on how Scott is getting playing time ahead of those two, and I'm no Omar fan, but Gase is making those decisions for a reason.

The comment is true on how Scott is getting playing time ahead of those two, and I'm no Omar fan, but Gase is making those decisions for a reason.

Only reason Scott is ahead of Carroo is special teams. If something happened to Parker, Stills or Landry I'm sure Carroo would be active and on the field with the offense before Scott.

Only reason Scott is ahead of Carroo is special teams. If something happened to Parker, Stills or Landry I'm sure Carroo would be active and on the field with the offense before Scott.

Yes and Gase explained it exactly that way when he was asked. I will readily admit though Im still sour over what we had to give up for Carroo so I hope he really works out and gets playing time. If we find a way to resign Stills it seems like he won't get much time on the field unless there is an injury which can happen but for what we had to give up to get him....

Does it make it any less true because Omar said it? What is the number one Job of a punt returner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant is on thin ice for sure. There's hope but he must improve by next year

Omar blows but he might be right about Grant. Look at what Hill is doing in KC, I wish Grant turns into something like that for us

I for one don't want Grant fielding punts in the playoffs. No trust in his catching. So as douchey as Omar is and went about this, it's rooted in truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that grants on thin ice

If drake gets that punt return gig grants value to miami drops significantly

Omar is a vulture. So Omar picks on Grant who is a first year player that has a lot of potential and currently has areas for growth. We have already seen his potential. So Omar chooses to focus on a player that has problems that is replaceable in the short term. Of course he could spend that time picking on less splashy targets like our LBs but where is the fun in that?

Back
Top Bottom