JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05

ScrepsMJ said:
:shakeno:

Everytime a college QB has a good game there comes a thread starting his bandwagon.

Thats how Saturdays work..

Heck, My Aunt's neighbors kid who plays QB in pee-wee football had a good game today. Lets start the "my Aunt's neighbors kid who plays QB in pee-wee football to Miami" Bandwagon.

djfresh47 said:
You can make the arguement that he is not, but if he wins another championship this year, is there really any arguement against it?
I don't exactly know..I'll get back with you about that. Off hand I can't think of anyone but give me awhile.

Jnaledu3 said:
Thats how Saturdays work..

Heck, My Aunt's neighbors kid who plays QB in pee-wee football had a good game today. Lets start the "my Aunt's neighbors kid who plays QB in pee-wee football to Miami" Bandwagon.

Except that if any guy ever played for Saban or he ever recruited him it is intensified, because he's a "Saban guy," and some people don't understand that being a great college prospect is totally different than being a great NFL prospect.

djfresh47 said:
Except that if any guy ever played for Saban or he ever recruited him it is intensified, because he's a "Saban guy," and some people don't understand that being a great college prospect is totally different than being a great NFL prospect.
Yep but Jamarcus Russell is neither.

ether79 said:
Yes he is but like I was saying Saban won't ever draft the guy, period.

I agree, but my point was towards the people who believe that because Saban recruited a guy he would hold a bias towards him because he is a "Saban guy." Alot of people were all about Rohan Davey and ignored his ability because he played for Nick and thought he would be a great addition because of the simple fact that he played for Saban in college. I'm not gonna write off Russell yet because he could improve over his college career, but if he ever wants to have a chance to be an NFL Qb he's gonna have to stay 2 more years, and if Saban which would be 3 more drafts for the Phins, if Saban waits that long to bring in a Qb, he's not gonna be successful.

djfresh47 said:
I agree, but my point was towards the people who believe that because Saban recruited a guy he would hold a bias towards him because he is a "Saban guy." Alot of people were all about Rohan Davey and ignored his ability because he played for Nick and thought he would be a great addition because of the simple fact that he played for Saban in college. I'm not gonna write off Russell yet because he could improve over his college career, but if he ever wants to have a chance to be an NFL Qb he's gonna have to stay 2 more years, and if Saban which would be 3 more drafts for the Phins, if Saban waits that long to bring in a Qb, he's not gonna be successful.

Good stuff..I was just getting ready to say Davey..obviously many on this board were wrong...Saban didn't and I guess wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.. and hey Matt Mauck is still out there somewhere..he won Saban a NC lets get him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that Nick did invite Ro to workout with you guys but Ro already had an offer to be signed with the Cards. After he was cut when Warner came back, Nick had already gotten Lemon. I've heard that Nick indeed wanted to get Ro to Miami.

LSUBayouBengal said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that Nick did invite Ro to workout with you guys but Ro already had an offer to be signed with the Cards. After he was cut when Warner came back, Nick had already gotten Lemon. I've heard that Nick indeed wanted to get Ro to Miami.

Wrong Rohan was available way before we traded for Lemon..Nick never invited him for a workout from what I remember.

LSUBayouBengal said:

Nope. Saban had plenty of chances to get Davey if he wanted him.

ether79 said:
Wrong Rohan was available way before we traded for Lemon..Nick never invited him for a workout from what I remember.

Thats not what I said. I said Ro chose to accept to sign with AZ instead of just getting a workout in Miami. Ro had asked to be released from NE due to lack of playing time and because he had the offer in AZ. After Ro was released from AZ, the deal with Lemon had been done. I have done a lot of digging on what happened and did hear he was invited to wokout with Mimi but not offered a spot initially.

LSUBayouBengal said:
Thats not what I said. I said Ro chose to accept to sign with AZ instead of just getting a workout in Miami. Ro had asked to be released from NE due to lack of playing time and because he had the offer in AZ. After Ro was released from AZ, the deal with Lemon had been done.
nope

Back
Top Bottom