Ja’marr Chase | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’marr Chase

The nice thing, my friend, no matter who we like at 6, we almost assuredly get an impact player who helps us.
I agree if you take Smith, Pitts, Chase it doesn't matter all have the same amount of value at this point and two of them will most likely be sitting there a 6th if not all three.

Not if Atl grabs Pitts and Cinci grabs Chase, which would really suck.

that means either lance or fields fell. Gotta think lions think about qb so use that and trade back with Carolina and pick up there 2nd or 3rd. You’ve now picked up a 1st,3rd and another 2nd/3rd to drop back 5 spots. This leaves you settling for the Heisman winner smith, the best lineman to come out in a while on Sewell or maybe best d player in Parsons. Somehow doesn’t sound all that terrible

that means either lance or fields fell. Gotta think lions think about qb so use that and trade back with Carolina and pick up there 2nd or 3rd. You’ve now picked up a 1st,3rd and another 2nd/3rd to drop back 5 spots. This leaves you settling for the Heisman winner smith, the best lineman to come out in a while on Sewell or maybe best d player in Parsons. Somehow doesn’t sound all that terrible
I did NOT, and still do NOT like the trade up from 12 to 6, but if we can recoup some of the value that we traded away, I could be convinced that it wasn't a mistake.

The tough thing will be determining who is/was on Grier's board... they'll never cop to that.

How many college football players died of Covid? If that was his reason there is no way on earth I would allow him on the team much less waste a draft pick on such ignorance.

That was a joke, but to say people weren't dying by the thousands when these players opted out is hardly ignorance. We don't know his reasons for opting out. Maybe someone close to him was particularly vulnerable. Quite a few NFL players opted out I would have loved on this roster.

Hmmm. Do you believe he has remained quarantined in his home since the breakout, not dating, attending parties or other social events?

Of course not, the calculus was simple

Joe Burrow left thus he had a new QB
His stats would most likely decline
He could remain at school on full scholarship without needing to play (free ride).
His draft stock may or may not be effected, thus a somewhat limited downside
He had no chance of injury (outside of Covid sneaking into his plastic bubble?).

Sorry, not sorry I'm not buying it.

He now has an additional question mark(s).

A few members of the Patriots, guys this fan base would have sawed their left arms off to have, opted out too. Do they have "question marks" too? What silliness.

I did NOT, and still do NOT like the trade up from 12 to 6, but if we can recoup some of the value that we traded away, I could be convinced that it wasn't a mistake.

The tough thing will be determining who is/was on Grier's board... they'll never cop to that.
I just don't think they will trade down again unless something crazy happens where the top 4 picks are QBs and pick 5 is OL. I believe they targeted pick 6 with the idea of having potentially the pick of the litter among the 3 top offensive skill position players (Pitts, Smith, Chase). If Pitts and Chase are selected before the 6 pick then I would be almost 100% certain the pick is Smith. As much as I love Waddle I just don't see him as the pick despite whatever is being stated by Media Analyst concerning GPS data concerning him.

SF could be in store for a tough season. Your discounting the value gained between our potential pick and their potential pick. If things break right for us we could be looking at pick 26,27,28ish. SF, having already finished last, last season, could be looking at a top 10 pick, or even top 6. Their Super Bowl run was eons ago. They are a different team, their best player coming off an ACL year, a starting rookie QB or a disgruntled starting QB and oh ya, their second best player gets hurt quite a bit.

I’m a huge fan of possessing and acquiring more draft picks myself but moving back up to 6 puts them back in control of what they want to do. 12 wouldn’t do that.

While we’ve been discussing the same group of skill players for months now, i don’t think that group is as wide a group as people think. They want 1 of 2 players or another big trade offer.

It’s all a gamble but they keep making moves from a position of strength.

Last edited:
A few members of the Patriots, guys this fan base would have sawed their left arms off to have, opted out too. Do they have "question marks" too? What silliness.
Of course they have question marks, they however have already been drafted and paid. Thus I'm not investing new draft capital in these players, consider it a sunk cost factor.

Make no mistake ask Albert Wilson how his opt out works for him this season.

Last edited:
I just don't think they will trade down again unless something crazy happens where the top 4 picks are QBs and pick 5 is OL. I believe they targeted pick 6 with the idea of having potentially the pick of the litter among the 3 top offensive skill position players (Pitts, Smith, Chase). If Pitts and Chase are selected before the 6 pick then I would be almost 100% certain the pick is Smith. As much as I love Waddle I just don't see him as the pick despite whatever is being stated by Media Analyst concerning GPS data concerning him.
Whoever they pick... I'll root for them, I'm a whore.

SF could be in store for a tough season. Your discounting the value gained between our potential pick and their potential pick. If things break right for us we could be looking at pick 26,27,28ish. SF, having already finished last, last season, could be looking at a top 10 pick, or even top 6. Their Super Bowl run was eons ago. They are a different team, their best player coming off an ACL year, a starting rookie QB or a disgruntled starting QB and oh ya, their second best player gets hurt quite a bit.

I’m a huge fan of possessing draft picks myself, moving back up to 6 puts them back in control of what they want to do. 12 wouldn’t do that.

While we’ve been discussing the same group of skill players for months now, i don’t think that group is as wide a group as people think. They want 1 of 2 players or another big trade offer.

It’s all a gamble but they keep making moves from a position of strength.
You could be right... the day I begin to think that I know it all... is the day I become a 'bama fan.

Back
Top Bottom