Jameis Winston Next Year.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Next Year....

How good a QB do you need to win? Seriously, how good, exactly? Marino good? We weren’t good enough to win with him. Better than Marino? Good luck finding that. Better than Tannehill, but what level better? By most standards Tannehill is at least middle of the pack QB. Once you have the answer to this question, ask yourself how many QB’s matching your level of “good” have been drafted in the last 10 years? Go ahead and post your list.

I will say it again, legendary QB’s are mostly generational pickups. If your team can’t win without one, you can’t win. Even the greatest QB’s of all time couldn’t do it alone.

No offense but that was a very mediocre answer of you... you basically stated that we should be happy with our middle of the pack Ryan Tannehill (I think he is currently on the lower half of the QB's in the league btw) because great Quarterbacks are hard to find.

And you may be right that great QB's are hard to find, but better QB's than Tannheill are drafted every year. Every single rookie QB drafted this year already looks better than him this year. Stop being ok with such garbage QB play, you are literally ****ing it up for the rest of us.

People think Winston is head and shoulders above RT?

Then proclaim that others don't know squat about football if they don't think Winston is a better player? LOL the irony. Winston isn't a good qb. Get outta town

I'd love to hear why Jameis is so damn good

Can you please rank the following Quarterbacks in order of who you would think does better with this team of players that the Miami Dolphins have?

Jameis Winston
Ryan Tannehill
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Brock Osweiler

Ryan Tennheill to me is arguably at the bottom of that list currently with a noodle arm, but lets say he gets healthy... Would you pay him his salary next year, when you could have either of the 2 I just mentioned at a fraction of the price? At this point, it shouldnt even be about finding out who is better, it is a about moving on. Even if Tannehill is better, which I highly contest, do you want him back to be marginally better than what we could get from other free agent QB's? Please move on.

Jameis isnt a great QB, but what do you think RT is?

Can you please rank the following Quarterbacks in order of who you would think does better with this team of players that the Miami Dolphins have?

Jameis Winston
Ryan Tannehill
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Brock Osweiler

Ryan Tennheill to me is arguably at the bottom of that list currently with a noodle arm, but lets say he gets healthy... Would you pay him his salary next year, when you could have either of the 2 I just mentioned at a fraction of the price? At this point, it shouldnt even be about finding out who is better, it is a about moving on. Even if Tannehill is better, which I highly contest, do you want him back to be marginally better than what we could get from other free agent QB's? Please move on.

Jameis isnt a great QB, but what do you think RT is?
I don't care that you THINK those 4 are all about equal. I think RT is the best of the bunch, knock whatever attribute you want, probably pocket presence. But Fitzpatrick could give us a few good games, then revert back to career back up material. Winston would have games where he looks okay (like brock) and others where he looks like mark sanchez.

I can tell what crowd youre in, and I get the point you are making- money wise. And if RT comes back this year- with a noodle and isn't looking himself, then I am ready to discuss moving on. But if he comes back near the level of play he has had before with adequate protection- I'd probably eat the cost of that 26 million and worry about a high level replacement in 2020. You can always draft a rookie in the middle rounds. I'd much rather do that than waste significant money on and of those 3. Winston isn't going anywhere cheaply- no way. But the main point of my post- Winston is not a good qb. He isn't particularly accurate, nor a high iq player. Not sure where this narrative comes from that RT sucks at reading defenses and throwing ints, but whatever.

So lets say you cut Tannehill and save 13 million. 13 is still on the books.

it cost 10 million for jay cutler. You think youre getting winston cheaper than that? Fitzpatrick might come at that price tag. Brock- probably less- we'll say ~$5 million because he knows he's the "Starting" qb. So its worth it to cut RT to save ~3 million, maybe less, for an "equal" replacement?

People think Winston is head and shoulders above RT?

Then proclaim that others don't know squat about football if they don't think Winston is a better player? LOL the irony. Winston isn't a good qb. Get outta town

I'd love to hear why Jameis is so damn good
thill17 is not answer either but Winston off field problem has cause him to losed his job as well. one yr deal w Winston might not be bad idea. I don't see dolphins signing Winston. expect thill17 back for 8 yr. we still need draft qb for future.

yea, that's a terrible idea. If we got Winston next year I would have to throw up in your mouth. Too early for this kind of talk. Who knows what is going to happen the second half of the year. Maybe Brock gets better, maybe Tannehill comes back and leads this team to the playoffs. 8 games played... 8 more to go.

I don't care that you THINK those 4 are all about equal. I think RT is the best of the bunch, knock whatever attribute you want, probably pocket presence. But Fitzpatrick could give us a few good games, then revert back to career back up material. Winston would have games where he looks okay (like brock) and others where he looks like mark sanchez.

I can tell what crowd youre in, and I get the point you are making- money wise. And if RT comes back this year- with a noodle and isn't looking himself, then I am ready to discuss moving on. But if he comes back near the level of play he has had before with adequate protection- I'd probably eat the cost of that 26 million and worry about a high level replacement in 2020. You can always draft a rookie in the middle rounds. I'd much rather do that than waste significant money on and of those 3. Winston isn't going anywhere cheaply- no way. But the main point of my post- Winston is not a good qb. He isn't particularly accurate, nor a high iq player. Not sure where this narrative comes from that RT sucks at reading defenses and throwing ints, but whatever.

Yeah sorry I definitely am not on the Tannehill for 2 more years train like you are. I guess I just dont know about football. For you to think this guy any chance to comeback is borderline delusional at this point. Good luck with that whole notion.

There are posters who are serious about this? If I had to pick from the 4 I’d take a healthy Tannehill first and Fitz as a bridge draft a QB in 20 option 2nd. At least fitz would be fun to watch and he can keep his hands off Uber drivers. Winston and Osweiler ugh don’t know who I’d take. This isn’t because I think Tannehill is a super star either just think Winston sucks and is an idiot.

yea, that's a terrible idea. If we got Winston next year I would have to throw up in your mouth. Too early for this kind of talk. Who knows what is going to happen the second half of the year. Maybe Brock gets better, maybe Tannehill comes back and leads this team to the playoffs. 8 games played... 8 more to go.
if you want nice guy sign thill17

No offense but that was a very mediocre answer of you... you basically stated that we should be happy with our middle of the pack Ryan Tannehill (I think he is currently on the lower half of the QB's in the league btw) because great Quarterbacks are hard to find.

And you may be right that great QB's are hard to find, but better QB's than Tannheill are drafted every year. Every single rookie QB drafted this year already looks better than him this year. Stop being ok with such garbage QB play, you are literally ****ing it up for the rest of us.

"every single drafted qb looks better" totally disqualifies you from evaluating qbs. sorry, you know nothing.

Hell no to Winston.

Jameis still eating W's. Never seen Brady, Brees or Rodgers inspiring their teammates with such graphic oratory like that. Jameis has natural talent but he is also erratic and any team that recruits him is taking a huge risk (both on and off the field). I'd roll the dice with Teddy Bridgewater before I'd consider Jameis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom