Jamie Nails Should Be Ready Next School...other Tidbits. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Nails Should Be Ready Next School...other Tidbits.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well lets see in Jay's first year here he had hip surgery just before our first preseason game I believe and ended up coming back from it way early, and playing a little against New Orleans in preseason. He threw like 3 interceptions in one half of football and had a 4th and 5th interception dropped, but somehow the coaches knew with that game that Jay Fiedler was our starting man. That one still puzzles me, I just remember I think it might have been Leslie Shepherd or maybe Tony Martin or someone saying that the way Fiedler was throwing passes, how the ball was already in the air and on its way to you when you come out of your break, was like one of the elite QBs they use to play with and they really felt confident in Jay from that moment on.

The next year I do believe Jay Fiedler bulked up and made it through the entire mini-camp and training camp process.

Then last year he went down at the beginning again, with the other hip bothering him now.

Seems like he stays healthy every other year, knock on wood lol.

Au Contrair CK....Year 2 Jay was recuperating from surgery on both shoulders...if you remember he had the complete seperation in his left shoulder, and loose bodies in his right. This is the first full camp he'll have...knock on wood.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
2. The locker room right now is very much behind JAY FIEDLER...and there is no such of any apparant Qb controversey regarding the imminent arrival of Brian Griese. The players are more wondering on how WANNY handles this situation....matter of factly. The team is eager for Griese to sign....mainly because....Griese makes the Dolphins a better team. Most of the players share the same belief..... that the only way Griese can become the starter.....is for JAY FIEDLER to literally play himself...off the field. And the players to a man will also say that FIEDLER so far....has had a very good off-season....and is throwing the ball in camp..better than he has in any recent memory this early on.. Jay has the respect and he will be the starter....there is no controversey...from anyone in the locker room....on who the starter is.
DCH

I am a Jay supporter, the man is a decent QB, who, has had to fill the shoes of a Hall of Famer.

I believe Jay can take this team, and win the superbowl, but I also think if and when Griese signs that will put pressure on Jay, and maybe, just maybe, he plays his best ball yet.

Great post DCH...

Regarding #2:
2. The locker room right now is very much behind JAY FIEDLER...and there is no such of any apparant Qb controversey regarding the imminent arrival of Brian Griese.... .... And the players to a man will also say that FIEDLER so far....has had a very good off-season....and is throwing the ball in camp..better than he has in any recent memory this early on.. Jay has the respect and he will be the starter....there is no controversey...from anyone in the locker room....on who the starter is.
That is fantastic to hear!

In point #8:
Many players feel that Oronde really screwed up and really let his agent go way to far. The Dolphins are not going to move on the league miniumum offer.....and now....the players can understand why.
I 'm glad the players are starting to believe that the the only one screwing Gadsden over is his agent...

The decision to let go JERMAINE HALEY and bring in DT JEFF ZGONINA....was another outstanding move by Rick SPielman. Just last week.....at RICKYS bash down at the beach.....many Dolphins players witnessed HALEY really get messed up...(alcohol) and told him to not drive at all. The result was that HALEY smashed up someone's car.... ZGONINA...who has calves the sizes of grapefruits... is going to be even a better backup to BOWENS and CHESTER than HALEY is.....and without the headaches of him complaining about playing time, contracts, or worrying about him driving home at night....
When I first heard we traded Haley to the Skins for like a 7th I was pissed at Speilman... But after reading this, it looks more like Speilman is Neo Anderson, because as far as I'm concerned he dodged a bullet with Haley. Kudos!

Anyway.. great reading as always, thanks DCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird, usually ck is right on the money, with everything.............

Originally posted by Merman
The lastest public figuers for Offensive Linemen that I'm aware of is:

Franchise offensive lineman $5.734M

Transition offensive lineman $5.141M

I'm going to have to pay more attention to Wade's play this year.

These numbers will likely go a bit higher, about 10%, for 2004 tags

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

These numbers will likely go a bit higher, about 10%, for 2004 tags

Doesn't that assume a 10% bump in the cap? I understand that the cap increase this year will be smaller than in previous years due to falling TV revinues.

Hmm PhinPhan my bad as I said I "believe" he made it through the camp process but you could be right. I just remember hearing about him bulking up during the offseason so that he wouldn't take the pounding he did his first year and I just didn't see how he could be doing that while still rehabbing his shoulders. But your right I remember he was still kinda hurtin with those shoulders.

Dr. Love, two words man. Grow up.

Re: UCF REPRESENT!

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
4969705-1.jpg

Jimmy Fryzel

I went to UCF and watched this guy play (i still go there, i will be a soph next fall) hes got the best hands on this team by far, and im not kidding, the trouble is, hes 5'8'' 180 lbs and he cant really get separation from coverage in the NFL, and had an awesome QB throwing to him in college (Ryan Schneider, ranked ahead of Dorsey and Grossman in overall passing this past year)

oh, and dirtycash....
clear.gif

for this amateur scouting report....

Hey! A fellow Knight!
Went to UCF too and played football.
My first year was Shawn Jefferson's last year there.
(Long time ago!)
UCF will be sending players the NFL way on a regular basis now I think. Our program is on the right track.

Great post as always DCH, but I have a question: where'd you come up with your screen name?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Doesn't that assume a 10% bump in the cap? I understand that the cap increase this year will be smaller than in previous years due to falling TV revinues.

The amounts for the tags are based the the top 5 and top 10 cap numbers, not just salaries. These numbers are not based the overall salary cap :D

Those presented are the tags for 2003 off-season. The tags for 2004 will come out mid February 2004.

Thanks for the info DCH....But Im pissed now that Ricky didnt invite me to that private party!

Back
Top Bottom