Jason Allen Hold Out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen Hold Out

PHANTASTIC 13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Jason Allen, quit being a puss and sign the contract and get your *** into camp like everyone else. This isn't about money or length of contract, it's you trying to avoid some practices in the very hot heat. You are going to make millions of dollars and probably even more when your deal is completed, so why hold out, you are just hurting yourself by missing some important practices. I hope you are a fast learner and the veterans don't hold any grudges against you for your absence. Maybe Nick will have you run some gassers so you puke your breakfast up like Shula used to do to the guys who held out. Bottom line is that we need you in camp because you are going to play a significant role this year and this is not the way to show leadership, you should fire your agent if he can't get a deal done soon, if not, it only proves that you have a different agenda than the rest of the team.:fire: SUPERBOWL...it's our time. :dolphins:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Hey Jason Allen, quit being a puss and sign the contract and get your *** into camp like everyone else. This isn't about money or length of contract, it's you trying to avoid some practices in the very hot heat. You are going to make millions of dollars and probably even more when your deal is completed, so why hold out, you are just hurting yourself by missing some important practices. I hope you are a fast learner and the veterans don't hold any grudges against you for your absence. Maybe Nick will have you run some gassers so you puke your breakfast up like Shula used to do to the guys who held out. Bottom line is that we need you in camp because you are going to play a significant role this year and this is not the way to show leadership, you should fire your agent if he can't get a deal done soon, if not, it only proves that you have a different agenda than the rest of the team.:fire: SUPERBOWL...it's our time. :dolphins:

what kind of #s are the Dolphins offering Jason?

Nappy Roots said:
what kind of #s are the Dolphins offering Jason?

they usually keep that kind of hush hush in the media, they are probably trying to negotiate between tye hills contract and cromartie

phinfanfrommd said:
they usually keep that kind of hush hush in the media, they are probably trying to negotiate between tye hills contract and cromartie

yea...

i personally knew that, but was askin the question to him to illustrate the point that how does he know that the Dolphins arent the ones totally off in this situation....

Why not put some of the blame on the Dolphins front office for once again playing hard ball like they do with all the top picks over the past decade. They could just give Allen a five year deal and he would be in camp. This is not about having a different agenda than anyone else. It's business.

Geforce said:
Why not put some of the blame on the Dolphins front office for once again playing hard ball like they do with all the top picks over the past decade. They could just give Allen a five year deal and he would be in camp. This is not about having a different agenda than anyone else. It's business.

:refuse:

whats this? trying to talk rational on this board?

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
There is only like five first round picks yet to sign and he needs to get a deal done, he is running out of excuses. The standard has been set for the DB's, what is his problem other than he wants to sit out some hot practices and eat his ice cream sandwiches. :evil:

No, the problem is the Dolphins arent offering him a fair contract...

There is only like five first round picks yet to sign and he needs to get a deal done, he is running out of excuses. The standard has been set for the DB's, what is his problem other than he wants to sit out some hot practices and eat his ice cream sandwiches. :evil:

To point out the obvious, Jason is holding out so he can get the best possible deal, not to miss practice. I also dont believe any players will hold any grudges because most of them have held out in the past, and at the end of the year were gonna love allen, just like we love ronnie.:wink:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:

No.. the problem is the Dolphins arent offering him a fair contract.....

Last season...it was okay to blame the hold out on Ronnie Brown.

This season...With Jason Allen, not so much.

Jason allen was #16, not #2. His deal is set, it should be exactly what everyone else is getting slotted around him.

The dolphins are asking for another year tacked onto the contract. However, and this is how it works for me. Micheal Huff was the best player at the safety position takin in this years draft, and he was drafted within the top 10, and even HE did not sign a 6 year contract. Yet the miami organization wants their #16 pick to sign a 6 year contract, and he was the 3rd overal safety taken?

This one falls on miami, not the player.

PHANTASTIC 13 said:

Which standard has been set? Tye Hill signed for 4 years and Cromartie signed for 5 years.

I'm not an "Insider" like many claim to be, but, being a veteran of many contract negotiations..(Not mine..Somone elses...I'm "At will" Big boys will understand what that means.)

I doubt it has anything to do with "Puss" .

What I DO think is he's acting out of place for his draft position.

He's slotted, and, his agent knows what he should make. It's not rocket
science. I have zero tolerance for rookies that have proved NOTHING in the NFL holding out.

GoonBoss said:
I'm not an "Insider" like many claim to be, but, being a veteran of many contract negotiations..(Not mine..Somone elses...I'm "At will" Big boys will understand what that means.)

I doubt it has anything to do with "Puss" .

What I DO think is he's acting out of place for his draft position.

He's slotted, and, his agent knows what he should make. It's not rocket
science. I have zero tolerance for rookies that have proved NOTHING in the NFL holding out.
Right...that's why he wants the five year deal instead of the six year deal the Dolphins are offering him.

Nappy Roots said:
No.. the problem is the Dolphins arent offering him a fair contract.....

I see your point to a degree , but I don't agree with you on the Dolphins are not offering a fair contract. If the Dolphins were offering a substantial different contract from last years #16 or slotting much , much different from this year's #14 & #17 , then that would be unfair. The common understanding is that the differnce is over 5 or 6 years. Many have signed for 5 and that works against the Fins. Collective bargaining says the Fins can sign him to a 6. I believe his agent is gumming up the works not wanting to look bad in having his client sign a 6. We'll see who gives first.

Bottom line? The longer this goes on the worst for Allen. Even Ronnie from last year was hurt by not being in camp. Allen is coming off a serious injury playing a position that legs and conditioning is critical. Will this guy still be with the team in 5 years? Will he be worth signing to a huge contract? We'll findout. Right now , no one truly knows , certainly not his agent.

5 years or 6 won't matter a star or if you get cut. The money will either be there or it won't.

Back
Top Bottom