Jason Allen Hold Out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen Hold Out

Nappy Roots said:
No, the problem is the Dolphins arent offering him a fair contract...

I disagree. Wanting him to sign a 6-year contract is in this franchises best interest. I support that decision and their tactics 100%. It's a shame he is willing to hurt his career over such a thing.

It's not like he does not have question marks surrounding him. I'm not sure why he thinks he has this kind of leverage.

Geforce said:
Right...that's why he wants the five year deal instead of the six year deal the Dolphins are offering him.

I fail to see the signifigance. Get into camp. If it's one year, it will get worked out. Get in and go, show good faith. Everyone is spinning this to the Dolphins just dropping one year off the contract. I wonder if there may be other things in consideration?

Seriously...Are you kidding me? 1 year? 1 freaking year? THAT is what's holding this up? That young man needs to get his rear end into camp while the pros that actually KNOW somthing about contracts negotiate.

i really hope he gets in soon.its getting frustrating for him missing alot of time

Well!!

Went he was drafted, everybody, even Saban ,told good stuff about him. Money is not the problem, even his agent have said it. The problem is the 6 or 5 years deal. To me this kid is a pr**k good for nothing, prome to be in the disaeble list, that doesn't have the heart or the guts to be in TC sweting and earning his big bucks. We don't need him, we are cover in the secondary, if it was my decision i would take out money from the original deal for every day of TC he miss. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

aleta said:
Went he was drafted, everybody, even Saban ,told good stuff about him. Money is not the problem, even his agent have said it. The problem is the 6 or 5 years deal. To me this kid is a pr**k good for nothing, prome to be in the disaeble list, that doesn't have the heart or the guts to be in TC sweting and earning his big bucks. We don't need him, we are cover in the secondary, if it was my decision i would take out money from the original deal for every day of TC he miss. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

The funniest thing (Not really...More ironic) is that everyone loses in these things. The franchise loses, and, the athlete loses, just like in real life with contract disputes and strikes. Nobody wants to back down first though, even if it's in the best interests of thier clients or teams.

My feeling is the young man should be in camp, showing faith that it will be worked out.

I think your assessment is extreme, but, i think the young man has self serveing people whispering in his ear. i doubt Nick would've drafted him if he knew this would be the deal. I wanted Lawson anyways.

GoonBoss said:
The funniest thing (Not really...More ironic) is that everyone loses in these things. The franchise loses, and, the athlete loses, just like in real life with contract disputes and strikes. Nobody wants to back down first though, even if it's in the best interests of thier clients or teams.

My feeling is the young man should be in camp, showing faith that it will be worked out.

I think your assessment is extreme, but, i think the young man has self serveing people whispering in his ear. i doubt Nick would've drafted him if he knew this would be the deal. I wanted Lawson anyways.

NFLPA prohibits players not under contract to practice at teams facilities unless its just a workout/interview, why? he might have a season/carreer ending injury without being under contract...

Joey 22 said:
NFLPA prohibits players not under contract to practice at teams facilities unless its just a workout/interview, why? he might have a season/carreer ending injury without being under contract...

No question, he must be under contract before coming into camp. He needs to get the deal done.

Nappy Roots said:
No, the problem is the Dolphins arent offering him a fair contract...

So, since you know this ... how about demonstrating this knowledge by stating how much the Dolphins are offering, what the length of the deal is, what clauses, etc. are involved and why, exactly, based on all that pertinent information, it is not "fair." And, btw, define what is and isn't fair for a rookie contract, drafted #16.

Otherwise - don't make mindless accusations.

The fact is, the agent for Allen already stated that the money in the contract was agreeable but that it was the 6 year deal that was holding things up.

Of course, other players have signed for six years (including Bush and Young), so there goes that issue as an "unfair" part of the contract.

No one knows for sure if they have or have not done this, but I do think they should have incentives in for the first couple of years that could allow for a voiding of the 6th year - that's what most of the others have done. But, if Allen stays out many more days, he won't be able to reach many incentives this year b/c he's not going to get PT the way he thinks. If he thinks he can waltz into camp and know the system - he's an arrogant idiot.

aleta said:

I tend to agree. What I would do if I were the Dolphins is let him know that he's losing money b/c we are not going to give in on the 5 year deal and if he feels like he can sit out a year, then do it! Otherwise, the longer he waits, the less chance he has of playing any football this year.

Wasn't football what he wanted to do when he entered the draft? Get the ball rolling.

Nappy Roots said:
what kind of #s are the Dolphins offering Jason?
I thought I heard it wasnt about the numbers. It was the Fins trying to force him to sign for 6 years rather than 5.

I love it how we demand loyalty from the players for our own selfish reasons, but have no problem when the team doesn't show the player that same loyalty or fairness. He will hold out until he gets the best deal possible. I am sure he wants to be in camp as much as we want him to be there. :sidelol:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Hey Jason Allen, quit being a puss and sign the contract and get your *** into camp like everyone else. This isn't about money or length of contract, it's you trying to avoid some practices in the very hot heat. You are going to make millions of dollars and probably even more when your deal is completed, so why hold out, you are just hurting yourself by missing some important practices. I hope you are a fast learner and the veterans don't hold any grudges against you for your absence. Maybe Nick will have you run some gassers so you puke your breakfast up like Shula used to do to the guys who held out. Bottom line is that we need you in camp because you are going to play a significant role this year and this is not the way to show leadership, you should fire your agent if he can't get a deal done soon, if not, it only proves that you have a different agenda than the rest of the team.:fire: SUPERBOWL...it's our time. :dolphins:
Johnny's bottom line here it takes both sides to get this done. Pointing fingers and calling so and so gets nothing done. Get Jason and his agent at the Dolphins headquarters and work this out face to face. It is funny the same people throwing Jason to the wolves will probably be the biggest Jason Allen's homers on the boards.:tongue:

ohall said:
I disagree. Wanting him to sign a 6-year contract is in this franchises best interest. I support that decision and their tactics 100%. It's a shame he is willing to hurt his career over such a thing.

It's not like he does not have question marks surrounding him. I'm not sure why he thinks he has this kind of leverage.

how do you disagree, and then go on to say its in the franchises best interest. not jasons. a FAIR deal would be a 5 year deal like everyone else....

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Johnny's bottom line here it takes both sides to get this done. Pointing fingers and calling so and so gets nothing done. Get Jason and his agent at the Dolphins headquarters and work this out face to face. It is funny the same people throwing Jason to the wolves will probably be the biggest Jason Allen's homers on the boards.:tongue:

I agree. Here are my total thoughts on the subject matter http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=152036

Back
Top Bottom