Jason Allen Hold Out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen Hold Out

Canadianfishfan said:
All this for a 16th overall. I really didnt expect a hold out with a 16th.
I didn't either. This sounds more like an Agent trying to make a name for himself.

GoonBoss said:
I'm not an "Insider" like many claim to be, but, being a veteran of many contract negotiations..(Not mine..Somone elses...I'm "At will" Big boys will understand what that means.)

I doubt it has anything to do with "Puss" .

What I DO think is he's acting out of place for his draft position.

He's slotted, and, his agent knows what he should make. It's not rocket
science. I have zero tolerance for rookies that have proved NOTHING in the NFL holding out.
That is the way I feel, no rookie should be allowed to hold out, a veteran with some years in the league...well you can't blame the guy if he paid his dues and is underpaid, a rookie who hasn't even proven himself, I don't think so....the guy could turn out to be a total bust. I think that Jason Allen will be a great safety in the league, but he still has to prove it on the field first.

Geforce said:
Which standard has been set? Tye Hill signed for 4 years and Cromartie signed for 5 years.

Where are you getting your facts (fictions) from? Here, now you can stop pulling stats out of thin air to support your tottering argument:

from NFL.com (notice the ratio is exactly 50/50 of 5 year deals to 6 year deals--all deals below 16 are capped at 5 years.)

1 Mario Williams, DE Houston 6 years
2 Reggie Bush, RB New Orleans 6 years
3 Vince Young, QB Tennessee 5 years
4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT N.Y. Jets Undisclosed
5 A.J. Hawk, LB Green Bay 6 years
6 Vernon Davis, TE San Francisco Undisclosed
7 Michael Huff, SS Oakland 5 years
8 Donte Whitner, SS Buffalo
9 Ernie Sims, LB Detroit 5 years
10 Matt Leinart, QB Arizona
11 Jay Cutler, QB Denver 6 years
12 Haloti Ngata, DT Baltimore 5 years
13 Kamerion Wimbley, DE Cleveland 6 years
14 Brodrick Bunkley, DT Philadelphia
15 Tye Hill, CB St. Louis 5 years
16 Jason Allen, DB Miami

Let's just say that Jason Allen does sign a six year deal, what would stop him from holding out in his fifth year or even fourth year if he felt he was worth more than the Dolphins were paying him???
This is why I think this hold out is nonsense and he needs to wake up a smell the coffee. :morning:

Nappy Roots said:
yes, the better it is for the franchise...but i didnt say the deal they are offering is bad for the franchise, i said its not fair...and its clearly not with the other contracts signed around him.

I'm sorry I'm about the team, I'm not about individual players. That is my mindset. I hope Allen gets everything he wants in life, but I think he is without leverage here. IMO he is receiving very poor advice from his agent.

Allen is not in a situation where he can play hardball. He will be hurt far worse than this team will be. I'm sorry he cannot see that. Hopefully for his career he'll come to his senses soon.

unifiedtheory said:
Why not just give him 5 years?

Everyone knows the guy won't see the end of that contract. If he turns into a star we'll give him a contract extension and if he busts we'll cut him before it expires.

Everyone around him has signed 4-5 year deals. I think the Phins are playing hardball and everyone could lose in the end.

Allen misses reps and falls a year behind, our secondary is missing a valuable asset and it creates animosity between the team and the player.

Get his *** into camp!

The way I see it is because that is one more year the Dolphins have their CAP situation in order. And when teams have that in order they can be far more aggressive during FA than not.

Wanting to sign a rookie player to as long a contract as possible is the optimal way for teams to handle their business. I'm all for this team having as many possibilities as possible. Players come and go.

No, This is the Miami Dolphins holdout. The kid wants a 5 year contract, give it to him, it's not like he would be the only player selected in the top 16 that would be getting a 5 year contract. It's just weird how Brown heldout last year and now another #1 pick is holding out. I don't put this on the player I put it on the Fins.

Canadianfishfan said:
All this for a 16th overall. I really didnt expect a hold out with a 16th.
Same here. If he misses out another week or two, I have doubts of him starting the season. He won't be physically ready, I don't think we can just force him to start without going through training camp.

Let me see, he's not in town and even if he signs tomorrow , not in camp until Saturday , best case. Anyone smelling pulled hammy?

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Hey Jason Allen, quit being a puss and sign the contract and get your *** into camp like everyone else. This isn't about money or length of contract, it's you trying to avoid some practices in the very hot heat. You are going to make millions of dollars and probably even more when your deal is completed, so why hold out, you are just hurting yourself by missing some important practices. I hope you are a fast learner and the veterans don't hold any grudges against you for your absence. Maybe Nick will have you run some gassers so you puke your breakfast up like Shula used to do to the guys who held out. Bottom line is that we need you in camp because you are going to play a significant role this year and this is not the way to show leadership, you should fire your agent if he can't get a deal done soon, if not, it only proves that you have a different agenda than the rest of the team.:fire: SUPERBOWL...it's our time. :dolphins:

you stink.

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
That is the way I feel, no rookie should be allowed to hold out, a veteran with some years in the league...well you can't blame the guy if he paid his dues and is underpaid, a rookie who hasn't even proven himself, I don't think so....the guy could turn out to be a total bust. I think that Jason Allen will be a great safety in the league, but he still has to prove it on the field first.

The way I see it. If you are in the NFL you are NOT under paid.

Static387 said:
The way I see it. If you are in the NFL you are NOT under paid.

Well it's a good thing you're not an agent!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom