Jason Taylor's 5 best young pass rushers in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor's 5 best young pass rushers in the NFL

with all the crap I have to listen to ESPN people say, I'm glad JT can be a homer (and despite playing with the Jets for one season, he is a Jets hater)

JT got his 6 sacks last year mainly because most teams overplayed to Wakes side with TE and RB help for the tackle.
Just saying he should know Wake's value better than anyone.

Cam got here at 26 so he's still young in dolphin years :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The key word in his list is "young". Although Wake is only a few years in the NFL he isn't young. Isn't he around 30? Anyway, Wake is most definitely one of the best period.

add Jared Allen to the list he's a few months younger than Wake
and has 47.5 sacks the last 3 seasons while Wake has 28

add Jared Allen to the list he's a few months younger than Wake
and has 47.5 sacks the last 3 seasons while Wake has 28

You completely whiffed on the point, and given your track record that's hardly a surprise.

clay mathews and lamar woodley are much younger. ryan kerrigan is pretty good as well. I wouldn't knock some of the other guys from the 49ers like nichols nad harrilson. Also suggs is younger than wake. carlos dunlap is a pretty good young rusher as well.

i would say that woodley, aldon smith, JPP, von miller, Orakpo+kerrigan, suggs are all the results of monsters opposite them or next to them. Cam wake DOES have soliai starks and dansby right around him though and stilll hasn't put up 15 sacks yet. but still its only been 3 2 true seasons starting now.

Nice list JT. Still cant believe they kept Killa Cam of the NFL's top 100

:ponder:

I think most big time NFL fans know who Cameron Wake is.

You have to love ALL the pass rushers on that list. That's one hell of a list. Only problem is the blatant favoritism. This is a list of the best young pass rushers in the NFL.

-Aldon Smith is 22 years old
-Jason Pierre-Paul is 23 years old
-Von Miller is 23 years old
-Brian Orakpo is 26 years old
-Cameron Wake is 30 years old

One of these names is not like the other...
Also points out the Dolphins need to find a young pass rusher. Perhaps Olivier Vernon could be that guy, but I have to think that is a huge focus in the offseason.

It's a great list really, of course he switched up the criteria to favor Wake. But he's probably just as sick of all the NYJ/NE bias that goes around and decides to throw us a bone. The only thing I'd change is move up Aldon over Orakpo

Now a ESPN analyst, Dolphin great Jason Taylor list his 5 best young defensive pass rushers with 5 years or less experience in the NFL. It goes as follows, and in no particular order:

1. Cameron Wake - Miami Dolphins

2. Jason Pierre Paul - New York Giants

3. Von Miller - Denver Broncos

4. Brian Orakpo - Washington Redskins

5. Aldon Smith - San Fransisco 49ers

Thanks to the future HOF'er for giving props where props are due. Good hire for the mousetrap channel! Almost makes a segment somewhat bearable to watch.

And IMO, Cam is #1.
I think I would take JPP over Cam at this point, and its kind of a wash with Orakpo but this list is totally legitimate.

Now a ESPN analyst, Dolphin great Jason Taylor list his 5 best young defensive pass rushers with 5 years or less experience in the NFL. It goes as follows, and in no particular order:

1. Cameron Wake - Miami Dolphins

2. Jason Pierre Paul - New York Giants

3. Von Miller - Denver Broncos

4. Brian Orakpo - Washington Redskins

5. Aldon Smith - San Fransisco 49ers

Thanks to the future HOF'er for giving props where props are due. Good hire for the mousetrap channel! Almost makes a segment somewhat bearable to watch.

And IMO, Cam is #1.

All I can say is.........DAMN LOOK AT THAT BOOTY!!!

Back
Top Bottom