Javonte Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Javonte Williams

Seconded.

I posted a link to an article in another Javonte thread a while back. It is personal for him. He was under recruited coming out of college, considered too small for a LB.

So now he’s a RB that runs exactly like you’d figure a pissed off, disrespected LB would.

IDK if he has a shot to reach #50 or not. So I’d be completely ok if MIA took Najee or Javonte at #36. Early predictions doesn’t make it seem likely Najee reaches #36, so Javonte would be my guy there. Even over Etienne if he was available there too.
Williams’ stock seems to be on the rise. I agree with you that it might be wise to get him at #36 rather than running the risk of him getting selected and missing out on him at #50.
There would also appear to be quite a bit of a gap between Etienne, Harris and Williams, and the rest of the RBs in the draft. If we can get one of the top three at #36, I’ll be happy.

He would be a great pickup. Available at 36...probably. At 50...nope.

He would be a great pickup. Available at 36...probably. At 50...nope.
I don't think he gets to #50 either.

But the Fins could try to move up from there instead of using the early 2nd rounder on him.

Especially if they add picks from a trade down at #3.

There just so many options with 4 picks in the top 50. I just can’t decide. Giddy.

If Harris is there at 36, who do you pick between the two?

Last edited:
I think I go Williams over Harris.

Although i do like Harris as a pass catcher, it is an underrated part of his game and one that Williams will have to improve.

I really like Harris, Williams and Etienne. I'm happy with any one of the three that falls to 2A. That's what my (I'm embarrassed to say, 100s?) of mock drafts have led me to conclude. Basically, my ideal, realistic mocks, with a few small trade downs and trade ups, all end up with some combination of Devonta Smith, Zaven Collins, (Harris, Etienne, Williams) and Creed Humphrey. Collins is the least important for me, not b/c I don't love the player, but b/c I see the need as the lowest. There are other players I like and even covet, but if our draft includes those four players or at least Smith, one of those RBs and Humphrey, I'll be happy.

Williams over Harris --- not close IMO.

Williams has the package to be a NFL monster.

And his running mate is awesome too!

Hell I'd be OK snagging both!

I really like Harris, Williams and Etienne. I'm happy with any one of the three that falls to 2A. That's what my (I'm embarrassed to say, 100s?) of mock drafts have led me to conclude. Basically, my ideal, realistic mocks, with a few small trade downs and trade ups, all end up with some combination of Devonta Smith, Zaven Collins, (Harris, Etienne, Williams) and Creed Humphrey. Collins is the least important for me, not b/c I don't love the player, but b/c I see the need as the lowest. There are other players I like and even covet, but if our draft includes those four players or at least Smith, one of those RBs and Humphrey, I'll be happy.
I like this strategy a lot

id be giddy with those top 4 picks, next one use on another wr or OT and we would be doing damn fine

very good shot to get Humphrey at 2b.

After that look at Chazz Surratt in R3. And we're on our way...

Who we pick as our OC has a lot to do with how we view Williams vs Harris vs Etienne, I think. It has a bearing on many offensive personel decisions, but I think especially on what we look for from our #1 rb.

There just so many options with 4 picks in the top 50. I just can’t decide. Giddy.

If Harris is there at 36, who do you pick between the two?

I believe it to be highly unlikely Harris will be available at 36. I realize that the first RB didn’t come off the board til 32 last draft, but talents as well rounded as Najee (and with his size) don’t tend to last long. I’ll bet he’s taken somewhere between 17-32. The last half of the 1st round.

And whenever the 1st RB is taken, it’ll start the run. Because teams will get spooked that the other 2 top guys won’t last much longer.

Williams is just such a violent player. Ever since the FSU game this year i've been smitten with him and he had a few big errors that game including dropping a bunny to end the game.

I don't know if I've ever seen so many broken tackles in a reel before. He may not have top flight speed but his burst is incredible and I'm seeing him do it all.

Imagine if we...

Take Sewell at #3

Trade up for Smith, Chase, or Waddle ...or hell even Pitts - (maybe #18, #50, and something late?)

And sit at #36 and snag this RB...

The scenario possibilities this year are even better than last year...the lead up to the draft is going to kill me.

For the love of God can we get off the train of taking an offensive tackle AGAIN in the first round? We took OL in round 1, 2 and 4 last year. We need some damn weapons at some point.

Back
Top Bottom