jay expects to play monday night | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jay expects to play monday night

Originally posted by dolfan06
and what did jay do in the redskins game? saved brians a$$ thats what!

and what did he do in dallas? just a 156.0 QB rating thats all. can't find fault anybody when they have to play in lousy weather conditions!:tongue:

Exactly. The weather conditions last Sunday were not condusive for any QB to succeed. Brady wasn't exactly lighting it up either. The big difference in that game was Belichek/Weis was calling for mostly running plays, especially going against a steady 20-30 mph wind, whereas Wannstedt/Turner was calling mostly passing plays. If our coaching staff had called the game right, we should have came out of there with at least a 6-3 win. Wouldn't have been pretty, but at least we'd be in the thick of things and still in control of our own destiny.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Say this when the team is out of playoff contention or when we're in the offseason, and I think a lot of us may well agree with you. When the team is in the hunt, the guy who gives the team the best chance of winning has to play. That man is Fiedler, and you're just kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

You can tell me that Brian didn't get a fair shake, but that Redskins game is the very definition of a fair shake. The two of them played with the same personnel on the same night against the same team.

Brian can absoultely come back next year to compete for the starting job if his price is right. That goes for Jay and just about any other QB in the league...

The reskin game was won by ricky and the D. The D tightned up and Ricky came alive. Jay had something like 58 yards give me a break. If you wanna use that game as an example please do Griese threw for almost 3 times the yardage. And look at the level of competion they played against.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
The reskin game was won by ricky and the D. The D tightned up and Ricky came alive. Jay had something like 58 yards give me a break. If you wanna use that game as an example please do Griese threw for almost 3 times the yardage. And look at the level of competion they played against.

Hmm...let's go down the Jay hater checklist:

- Give the D credit for all wins. Check.
- Cite stats against Jay when convenient. Dismiss inconvenient stats like wins. Check.
- Cite the "Level of competition" when Jay lit up the #1 ranked Cowboy D. Check.

Did any of the others welcome you to the club? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
listen ya'll jay fiedler absolutely gives our team the best chance to win tomarrow night and for the rest of the season. case in point he has the ability to make plays with his legs and buy time with our joke of an o-line. brian greise is a pocket passer and the fact is, WE HAVE NO POCKET 90 percent of the time. jay fielder should be our starter for the rest of this season, and our concern in the offseason should be beefing up the o-line, then we can allow less mobile bigger armed qb's compete for a spot.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Hmm...let's go down the Jay hater checklist:

- Give the D credit for all wins. Check.
- Cite stats against Jay when convenient. Dismiss inconvenient stats like wins. Check.
- Cite the "Level of competition" when Jay lit up the #1 ranked Cowboy D. Check.

Did any of the others welcome you to the club? :rolleyes:
nice post jimmy!;)

Originally posted by steadfast
listen ya'll jay fiedler absolutely gives our team the best chance to win tomarrow night and for the rest of the season. case in point he has the ability to make plays with his legs and buy time with our joke of an o-line. brian greise is a pocket passer and the fact is, WE HAVE NO POCKET 90 percent of the time. jay fielder should be our starter for the rest of this season, and our concern in the offseason should be beefing up the o-line, then we can allow less mobile bigger armed qb's compete for a spot.

Oh really he got sacked 6 times and fumbles 2 times, GREAT MOBILITY. And now his knee is bad again. Weve seen where Jay gets us and thats an early exit. Jay will never with us or another team PLAY IN A SUPER BOWL.

P.S. Unless he is a 2 or 3 QB

Originally posted by canadainfin-fan
greise sucks

In the interest of fairness, I'll say that this really isn't any more fair than just declaring "Fiedler sucks". Neither of them played under conditions close to resembling ideal this year, and yet they both have given us performances better than Ray Lucas's performance last year. I don't want Griese back next year unless he's really cheap, but I wish him well with one of the 28 teams that aren't the Dolphins and don't play in our division...

Originally posted by F150&Dolfan

And a healthy Griese hadn't played as good as a healthy Fiedler did on Thanksgiving all seaosn so what's your point.

Yeah but a healthy Fiedler hadn't played as good as a healthy Fiedler did on Thanksgiving all season.

Back
Top Bottom