Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You must be asking your self this guy is nut?but I'm not and you will see why.Just take a look back at his college career where his had great success throwing the longball.Before coming to Miami Jay Fiedler best pass was his long throw just take a look back at those 2 games he started in the place of Mark Brunnel and the success he had throwing the long ball.If you don't believe just pop the tape of 62-7 playoff games and look at those throws Fiedler made.In his second year in Miami at one point he was leading the league in yards per attempt because of his long ball.Why Jay having probelm now?Well I been looking at the situation more closely and have come up with some valid answers.

A.In order to have succesful deep throw,you need good pass protection giving enough time for QB to make the throw.Jay Fiedler is not getting time needed and is being push to make the throw which disrupts the timing on the play.

B.WR needs to be aggressive going after the ball like Chambers was in his rookie season.

I see a whole lot of laughing by Jillie fans right now

Originally posted by Prime Time
I see a whole lot of laughing by Jillie fans right now

Is the true.His long ball is his best throw but like I said it all starts out with front five.My friend who is a Jaguar fanatic sadly told me right after Dolphins sign him that he can throw a nice deep ball.Don't take my word just look back and see for yourself.Remember the first words coming out of Norv about Jay?He throws a nice deep ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now which pass are we talking about last night?

A. The 2 screen passes to Ricky Williams that went 2 yards max or

B. The 3yard pass

C. The 1 yard pass that Fiedler threw last night?

Wow, that's an opinion I've never heard. Jay's longball has improved, setting aside if it's his best pass or not, our pass blocking SUCKS. Jay bearly gets enough time. If we had the Raiders O-Line, Ricky would have 2000 yards and Fiedler would have at least 3600.

Minus, you actually have a point, Jay did throw a nice deep ball in college and in Jax. The reason we started raving about Chambers in his rookie year was because he caught so many bombs. That's why I couldn't understand last year, which is the only year I know him not to complete the deep ball as much. You are defintely right about time in the pocket, I've stated this a number of times, but our OL scares me. They just not pass block very well, they're like the Bills OL, so that's why the Bills fan can't laugh. When Drew gets the time he throws a good deep ball. But the other thing is that his receivers go get the ball. That's where we have been lacking, ie. last night is a prefect example. I said if Jay gets 1.5 more seconds, he'll kill the deep pass again. Right now, he and ricky make our OL good better than it is. That's why Wanny is always trying to find upgrades, no matter the position.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Wow, that's an opinion I've never heard. Jay's longball has improved, setting aside if it's his best pass or not, our pass blocking SUCKS. Jay bearly gets enough time. If we had the Raiders O-Line, Ricky would have 2000 yards and Fiedler would have at least 3600.

I'm not sure what Raiders you've been watching but their O-Line is terrible. Maybe you should get your glasses checked.

I meant the Raiders O-Line of 2002, I dunno about this season though, I haven't seen them enough.

If you're just refering to the Superbowl or our game vs them, remember, both D-Lines are great. Many people rank them at the top 5. They're the reason they got so far.

Originally posted by minus
You must be asking your self this guy is nut?but I'm not and you will see why.Just take a look back at his college career where his had great success throwing the longball.Before coming to Miami Jay Fiedler best pass was his long throw just take a look back at those 2 games he started in the place of Mark Brunnel and the success he had throwing the long ball.If you don't believe just pop the tape of 62-7 playoff games and look at those throws Fiedler made.In his second year in Miami at one point he was leading the league in yards per attempt because of his long ball.Why Jay having probelm now?Well I been looking at the situation more closely and have come up with some valid answers.

A.In order to have succesful deep throw,you need good pass protection giving enough time for QB to make the throw.Jay Fiedler is not getting time needed and is being push to make the throw which disrupts the timing on the play.

B.WR needs to be aggressive going after the ball like Chambers was in his rookie season.

Let me add a ......

C. The Qb puts the ball dead on the money in stride with just decent protection!

:D

Seriously, there are times when the pocket looks to be collapsing, but all he has to do is step up in it! That buys him that needed time to make the throw you speak of. And it keeps him pain free!

I'm all for the Wr's making the catches when they should, by jumping up, reaching out, catching them one handed, behind their backs, with their teeth if need be! It's what they get paid for, and no this is not trying to be sarcastic. I'm dead serious.Not all balls are going to be on the money, it just can't happen.

But at the same time, I'd love to see Jay Fiedler put the ball on the mark..... like he did against the Jets on that TD pass to Leslie Shepard a couple of years back....just one a game would be nice!

IMO his best pass is a rolling out twenty yard post pattern. So I'd like to respectfully dissagree with you! Also I'm taking into consideration the pass blocking and everything else.

Part of the criticism of his long passes have focused on his lack of sufficient arm strength. But, he's been working out on his upper body in the off-season, so maybe this year his long passes will be better.

Is the true.His long ball is his best throw

That is a joke.. Since being in Miami I have seen Jay throw one good long ball and that was against the Colts to hit Chambers. Fiedler has no long ball wake up.

Originally posted by dolphinators13

That is a joke.. Since being in Miami I have seen Jay throw one good long ball and that was against the Colts to hit Chambers. Fiedler has no long ball wake up.

This coming from the guy who said Jay would have trouble making a High School team folks.

Originally posted by dolphinators13

actually, if you are talking about an arm, jay overthrew many recievers alot. It is more a timing thing with jay sometimes. and with a guy like OG, his slowness did not lend him to be capable of getting good long balls. The thing this year is that they are working on it and jay has looked alot better. the ball last night was there and chambers should have had it. i think jay is better when the reciever breaks inside on a post pattern, especially mcnight. i think mcnight needs to get more PT with jay.

If anything miami has plenty of wide receivers to catch Fiedlers inconsistent passes. His best game has never been the long ball, the fact is that he had plenty of targets to throw to as a back up for jacksonville. Keenan, Jimmy and Kyle which are still established veterans.

Originally posted by Dolfan984

You have never played football have you?

Jay Fiedler has had about an eternity to throw the damn ball. Our pass blocking was ranked 4th in the nfl. Where are you getting these non-sense statements. We also had one of the best run blocking in the nfl as well. Do you think that you will get lucky to see a quarterback to have over 3 seconds to throw in every down?

Back
Top Bottom