Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Ever watched a top level QB throw a deep ball.
Marino, Elway, Favre, Manning, etc.

They threw strikes. A strike is a deep ball put right on the money with zip and hitting the reciever in stride. A floated jump ball is NOT a strike. Watch the pass again and honestly tell me that throw was a strike.

Come on man......:rolleyes:

You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal.

OMG you mean Fiedler is not a Marino type QB? Who knew! :rolleyes: Like those types of QB's grow on QB trees!

And you are so entrenched at bashing him, well you know the rest.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Originally posted by Oliver

OMG you mean Fiedler is not a Marino type QB? Who knew! :rolleyes: Like those types of QB's grow on QB trees!

And you are so entrenched at bashing him, well you know the rest.

Oliver...

Here we go again with the anyone who says anything against Jay is bashing.

:rolleyes:

First off I clearly stated that his short to mid passing game is doing fine and he looks to be shaping up well.

Secondly....
You called his pass a perfect strike. Remember?
That drew the comparison.
Those QB's were masters of the perfect strike and the pass in question and many of Jay's deep balls if not all of them cannot be compared to a perfect strike.

Am I bashing him? I don't think so. I feel I'm pointing out a weakness in his game that I feel many fans, coaches and others in the league would agree with. So if your admitting that Jay isn't perfect then why throw a hissy when someone points out an area that affects his game?

Jay's throw was partly to blame for what was an example of yet another missed opportunity of this offense to achieve big gains down the field in the passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Here we go again with the anyone who says anything against Jay is bashing.

:rolleyes:

First off I clearly stated that his short to mid passing game is doing fine and he looks to be shaping up well.

Secondly....
You called his pass a perfect strike. Remember?
That drew the comparison.
Those QB's were masters of the perfect strike and the pass in question and many of Jay's deep balls if not all of them cannot be compared to a perfect strike.

Am I bashing him? I don't think so. I feel I'm pointing out a weakness in his game that I feel many fans, coaches and others in the league would agree with. So if your admitting that Jay isn't perfect then why throw a hissy when someone points out an area that affects his game?

Jay's throw was partly to blame for what was an example of yet another missed opportunity of this offense to achieve big gains down the field in the passing game.

Let me understand this? You say, "You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play." and someone gives you what you started and gave 1st, and you are complaining?

Please. If you don't like reply then don't start in with it.

We obviously disagree about Jay and WR's, le's just leave it that.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play." and someone gives you what you started and gave 1st, and you are complaining?

Oliver...

What is this code language for Oliver?
What exactly are you referring to?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

What is this code language for Oliver?
What exactly are you referring to?

Try re-reading your own posts in this THREAD.

"You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal."

You wrote that 1st, and you got a reply in kind. The rest is common sense.

Oliver...

I'm not the only one making this simple observation...

From the Herald...
<<The wobbly deep passing of Jay Fiedler.

The ability of Dolfans to ask, ``Do we have any long passes that work anywhere in Norv Turners inspired playbook?''>>

I'm not bashing Jay, I just find it amusing that some of you guys can't take anyone bringing up 1 weak point in his game. Can't understand it either.

I'm not the only one making this simple observation...

From the Herald...
&lt;&lt;The wobbly deep passing of Jay Fiedler.

The ability of Dolfans to ask, ``Do we have any long passes that work anywhere in Norv Turners inspired playbook?''&gt;&gt;

I'm not bashing Jay, I just find it amusing that some of you guys can't take anyone bringing up 1 weak point in his game. Can't understand it either.

You want me to say Jay threw a bad pass when I don't think he did? Sorry I'm not lying for you or anyone else.

When Jay has done poorly I've said so. I just have not seen alot of poor play from Jay. We obviously disagree.

When you are going to quote a newspaper or an Internet source, it's always best to not quote the Miami Herald. It's not like they are not above lying on a reg basis.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Try re-reading your own posts in this THREAD.

&quot;You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal.&quot;

You wrote that 1st, and you got a reply in kind. The rest is common sense.

Oliver...

Common sense on a far away planet I guess.
The point is that for some reason none of you guys can admit that Jay has weak points. I've admitted he has strong as well as weak points. You however, absolutely refuse to give any ground. That's why this discussion is even still going on. I can take reply's and debate without problem and am not offended. What I cannot take is blind support about anything let alone a player on a football team. Everything and every person has weaknesses. On this board however, anything that goes good in the passing game is just because of Jay and anything that goes bad could NOT POSSIBLY be the fault of Jaybo.

I'm out..... going to check my common sense detector. :rolleyes:

You want me to say Jay threw a bad pass when I don't think he did? Sorry I'm not lying for you or anyone else.

When Jay has done poorly I've said so. I just have not seen alot of poor play from Jay. We obviously disagree.

When you are going to quote a newspaper or an Internet source, it's always best to not quote the Miami Herald. It's not like they are not above lying on a reg basis.

Oliver...

Just so I know where you are coming from....

So you're telling me that a ball that makes a reciever stop his route, that gives defenders an extra chance to adjust and that causes a jump ball situation between the reciever and the DB's is what you feel a perfect strike pass is?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Common sense on a far away planet I guess.
The point is that for some reason none of you guys can admit that Jay has weak points. I've admitted he has strong as well as weak points. You however, absolutely refuse to give any ground. That's why this discussion is even still going on. I can take reply's and debate without problem and am not offended. What I cannot take is blind support about anything let alone a player on a football team. Everything and every person has weaknesses. On this board however, anything that goes good in the passing game is just because of Jay and anything that goes bad could NOT POSSIBLY be the fault of Jaybo.

I'm out..... going to check my common sense detector. :rolleyes:

Oh boy.

When you type, "You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal."

Do not be upset or question why you get this as a reply, "And you are so entrenched at bashing him, well you know the rest."

Beyond that I have no idea what you're talking about. In short don't throw stones at your own glass house. As I've said now I believe 3 times, we simply disagree about Jay and the WR's.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Oh boy.

When you type, &quot;You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal.&quot;

Do not be upset or question why you get this as a reply, &quot;And you are so entrenched at bashing him, well you know the rest.&quot;

Beyond that I have no idea what you're talking about. In short don't throw stones at your own glass house. As I've said now I believe 3 times, we simply disagree about Jay and the WR's.

Oliver...

Yes Oliver....
Trying to have an intelligent conversation about strenghts and weaknesses of a player that has all strengths and no weaknesses is obvious bashing.
Heck, that pass incompletion was ALL Chambers' fault.

It was the best pass ever and any other reciever would have caught the ball without problem because it was a perfect pass.

You have clearly put me in my place.

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Yes Oliver....
Trying to have an intelligent conversation about strenghts and weaknesses of a player that has all strengths and no weaknesses is obvious bashing.
Heck, that pass incompletion was ALL Chambers' fault.

It was the best pass ever and any other reciever would have caught the ball without problem because it was a perfect pass.

You have clearly put me in my place.

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

You just don't get it do you?

If you don't like that attitude being put back on you, then again, do not start!

"You guys are so entrenched in defending anything Jay does you won't even let him share the blame on a play.

unreal."

You start things you should expect on a public forum to at the very least get back the same type of attitude.

I cannot make it any clearer than that.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

I just don't feel like even debating with people who just have this Jay sucks mentality that ignore facts.The fact is Jay best pass is the long ball and obviusly there things he can do to improve on it like stepping up in the pocket which he rarely does.SOmeone mention pass blocking is excellent and I aks you this question:
What offensive line have you been watching?Dolphins offensive line is overated especially pass blocking.Dolphins offensive line strength is run blocking and is not like they are great at it. eit.Jay Fiedler being able to scramble helps the line look better than what they really are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just so I know where you are coming from....

So you're telling me that a ball that makes a reciever stop his route, that gives defenders an extra chance to adjust and that causes a jump ball situation between the reciever and the DB's is what you feel a perfect strike pass is?

Trekbiz, that ball was only slightly under throw and CC was in perfect position to catch it. It wasn't perfect, but there was no reason for CC not to come down with it.

I just relooked that game, I taped it, and Jay did not have a lot of time to get rid of a ball, his little steps buy him time. On deep throws, the OL gives him on an avg. about 3.0 - 3.5 seconds to throw. What's the 40 times of most receivers, plus getting away from any jams at the line. I think you guys get the picture. Our OL needs to give him on a deep ball aleast 4.0 seconds, perferably 5.0, but that's hard to come by. Jay has to throw before the receiver makes his final break, then he'll find more success hiting someone in stride, but the pass to CC should have been caught, even CC acknowlege that.

Back
Top Bottom