Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jay Fiedler long ball is his best pass.

Originally posted by minus
I just don't feel like even debating with people who just have this Jay sucks mentality that ignore facts.The fact is Jay best pass is the long ball and obviusly there things he can do to improve on it like stepping up in the pocket which he rarely does.SOmeone mention pass blocking is excellent and I aks you this question:
What offensive line have you been watching?Dolphins offensive line is overated especially pass blocking.Dolphins offensive line strength is run blocking and is not like they are great at it. eit.Jay Fiedler being able to scramble helps the line look better than what they really are.

Well, I'm one who likes Jay Fiedler but hates 98% of his throws of over 40 yards!

I'll defend him by saying that the majority of the "LONG BALL" throws are actually caught between 15 and 25 yards from the LOS. But if teams want to keep the safeties honest, they have to be able to hook up once in a while on a BOMB

It is "CLEARLY his weakest link! Hey it's my opinion, but it's even been mentioned quite a lot lately in the media, and even the coach said "they" need to work on it.

Like I said in an earlier reply, I'll give you that there are times that Jay has no time. But there are plenty of ways that teams buy time, one being staying in the pocket, and stepping up in it, or simply taking a baby step to the side.

Sorry but I just disagree with the premise of this thread. Jay Fiedler does not throw a good long ball. He doesn't throw an accurate long ball. The reason everyone raved about Chambers his rookie year was because Chambers went deep and caught so many bombs despite the fact that they were either constantly underthrown giving the DB a chance to jump up with Chambers, or were constantly thrown inaccurately forcing Chambers to make an incredible diving catch. I remember seeing merely one ball that was thrown accurately which led to a 70 yard score against the Colts. The rest were off target for the most part. We just have to live with it.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I just relooked that game, I taped it, and Jay did not have a lot of time to get rid of a ball, his little steps buy him time. On deep throws, the OL gives him on an avg. about 3.0 - 3.5 seconds to throw. What's the 40 times of most receivers, plus getting away from any jams at the line. I think you guys get the picture. Our OL needs to give him on a deep ball aleast 4.0 seconds, perferably 5.0, but that's hard to come by. Jay has to throw before the receiver makes his final break, then he'll find more success hiting someone in stride, but the pass to CC should have been caught, even CC acknowlege that.

You also have to take into account the travel time of the balls flight. :D

But.....

No doubt about it Chambers should have at the very least made a better effort.

But the one thing I saw, and I had one of the best views of it (I was in the end zone seeing what Jay saw), was that the ball had to much air under it, which made it start dying at the end. IMO had he put just a little less air under it, we're talking TD.....

First of all, our pass protection was nowhere near 4th in the NFL. We were 7th in sacks, but we were also 31st in passes attempted. It's average at best in the pass protection.

Fiedlers long ball is probabaly average. Last season he had the best percentage completed in the 31-40 yard range in the AFC East.

EVERYONE LISTEN!!!simple problem with chambers is... Hes goign against number 1 corners, and hes not NEARLY aggresive enough to stay with that. He was better off facing number 2 corners. He would be better off as a number 2. That is my opinon righjt now, i sometimes cant sleep at night becasue i wan chambers to break out so bad because of all this 'potential' i and everyone else seem to see. Amd if he could do that, think of ALL the possibilties this team woudl have. I honestly think the season counts on whether or not he breaks out. If he can keep the safeties honest, and give ricky lots of room, and bein able to hit the deep ball on first down, with single coverage(norv likes to do that). Lets jus all pray he does...

my bad everyone im a lil drunk, that prolyl didnt make a lot of sense, but u get the point, he does need to hit in stride better, NO excuse. but hes makinf good decisions liek throwing away when nothigns there, instead of thrwoign a pick, like he use to do....

"You have never played football have you?

Jay Fiedler has had about an eternity to throw the damn ball. Our pass blocking was ranked 4th in the nfl. Where are you getting these non-sense statements. We also had one of the best run blocking in the nfl as well. Do you think that you will get lucky to see a quarterback to have over 3 seconds to throw in every down?"

Dude, I played QB in High School, I know exactly what I'm talking about. What have you played?? I doubt know you half of QB reads and checks on every play.

What I said was a basis over what our line has done so far. That one play he had a lot of time. (was play-action) I 've watched the play more than 10 times looking for certain things. The ball WAS NOT wobbly, far from it. It was about a 55 yard throw, and unless you are the best QB in the league, that pass will not be perfect most of the time.

Anyways, did you watch the 2002 season at all? Jay never had a lot of time to throw the ball, of course there are exceptions. Lucas took 12 sacks in 5 1/2 games to the 13 Jay took in 10 1/2 games. You know why? Jay gets rid of the ball, Lucas may have been spoiled by the Jets O-Line which was pretty damn good back in 1999. 4th in the NFL? At what? Sacks allowed? I believe we were 7th, but we were obviously better with Jay. Also, our sack/drop back ratio was nowhere near the league high. Your stats are wrong and you obviously haven't played with anyone other than your friends every other month.

Lucky enough to get 3 seconds a throw? I'm happy with 3 seconds, which is what a decent O-Line should give you. All preseason Jay and Brian have had guys beating through our O-Line and coming to rip their heads off.

I'm sorry, but you just don't make any sense Fiedler hater.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Sorry but I just disagree with the premise of this thread. Jay Fiedler does not throw a good long ball. He doesn't throw an accurate long ball. The reason everyone raved about Chambers his rookie year was because Chambers went deep and caught so many bombs despite the fact that they were either constantly underthrown giving the DB a chance to jump up with Chambers, or were constantly thrown inaccurately forcing Chambers to make an incredible diving catch. I remember seeing merely one ball that was thrown accurately which led to a 70 yard score against the Colts. The rest were off target for the most part. We just have to live with it.

Leslie shepperd throw against the Jets and how about Viking game last season.Before coming the Dolphins Jay was known for his deep ball.It just hasn't been connecting as often here in Miami but he can throw nice deep ball.

Originally posted by minus
If you don't believe just pop the tape of 62-7 playoff games and look at those throws Fiedler made.

I would, but I would have to dig the ashes of it out of the fireplace, well, at least to get the pieces that didn't break off and wedge into the bottom of my boots.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
First of all, our pass protection was nowhere near 4th in the NFL. We were 7th in sacks, but we were also 31st in passes attempted. It's average at best in the pass protection.

Fiedlers long ball is probabaly average. Last season he had the best percentage completed in the 31-40 yard range in the AFC East.

We had one of the best pass protections in the nfl what are you talking about. We were one of the teams that gave up fewest sacks than other teams. You must be talking about 2001 because we gave up 4th fewest sacks in the nfl not 7th. Fiedler had plenty of time to throw the ball. Do you think this is baseball bro? the average time for a play is no more than 3 seconds. More than 3 seconds i would much rather dance salsa on the backfield.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

We had one of the best pass protections in the nfl what are you talking about. We were one of the teams that gave up fewest sacks than other teams. You must be talking about 2001 because we gave up 4th fewest sacks in the nfl not 7th. Fiedler had plenty of time to throw the ball. Do you think this is baseball bro? the average time for a play is no more than 3 seconds. More than 3 seconds i would much rather dance salsa on the backfield.

That's because we had such a savvy QB in Fiedler. The last thing the Dolphins had last year with Dixon at LT was the "one of the best pass protections"

Neither Fiedler or Lucas had plenty of time to throw the ball. If the AVG time is 3 seconds then the Dolphins should have more than that to pass the ball seeing as how you say they have "one of the best protections" there is?

Stats do not always tell the truth.

Oliver...

Actually we were 7th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...rt=sack&pos=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002

With Lucas we were worse, with Fiedler we were better.

Also think about the low number of attempts we have? We aren't really that special at pass protection, and we should thank our lucky charms that Jay's mobile and has improved his decision making. 3.5 seconds is what our line should be shooting for. I believe people were raving that Tom Brady was getting the ball out in like 2.8 seconds his rookie year, and we all know what kind of QB he is.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Careful Parrot you're about to be labled a basher.
I agree with you. I'm not saying Jay should be replaced by Friggin Sage though or that I think he sucks. That however is the feedback you get from some of the people on here for making any observations that aren't just rosie! It's rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom