Jay Fiedler situation... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler situation...

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The team is better off (salary cap) having Jay restructure his contract or take pay cut instead of out right cutting him.Is basicly going to come down to:
If the Dolphins can draft a young stud at QB to groom behind Fiedler.If they are unable to get their guy in the draft than I will assume they will try hard to land a Mark Brunell (Hopefully) while Fiedler will be ask to backup Brunell.

I really don't see the Dolphins cutting Fiedler so in conclusion Fiedler will be back next year in a new role backup or to groom QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for keeping Jay and drafting Philip Rivers. I'm just curious to know what our offense is going to be like with a new OC. Jay will get hurt again, he always does. Then Rivers can come in and take over, unlike Griese.

An injury to the starting QB (David Woodley?) in Marino's first year is what got him started on his way to the Hall of Fame. So, Fiedler getting injured wouldn't necessarily concern me if I knew that the job was going to be the rookie's eventually.

Having said that, I don't think we can wait until after the draft to get a veteran in here. They'll get gobbled up pretty quick in March.

w/e kick jay to the curb....i don't see how anyone could want him in a phins uniform ever again.. we are changing and bringing in new coaches and i am looking forward to new qb's.......besides... griese is a better QB for the team we WANT to be.....jay excels on a horribly run offense with no line because he sucks

keep griese kick fiedler

Jay played alot better the Griese did last year plus griese would want more. If jay had a better line he could have played better.

The team has gotten better on paper every year since Jay took over. Every year the team is further from the playoffs. Jay is football cancer. Why anyone would want him back in any capacity (let alone teaching a young QB) is beyond understanding. If we are going to keep either QB it should be BG. He has proven he can be a probowler (maybe never again but still) and only had 4 games to show how he can play. He even missed the entire preseason. I think BG will be better with a full preseason and a year of dolphin football under his belt. NO way we bring back a four year loser over BG. I hope next years QB depth looks like this:
Either
BG/Henson/Sage
or
Brunell/Henson/Sage

If we miss on Henson, Rivers would be a solid second choice.

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
w/e kick jay to the curb....i don't see how anyone could want him in a phins uniform ever again.. we are changing and bringing in new coaches and i am looking forward to new qb's.......besides... griese is a better QB for the team we WANT to be.....jay excels on a horribly run offense with no line because he sucks

keep griese kick fiedler

I don't know what team you were watching last year but the one I watched had a guy named Griese under center for a couple of games looking like a lost puppy in a crowded mall! Fiedler may not look all that pretty in his play but he has something that Griese sorely lacks: mental toughness and grit. I stand by my statement that Fiedler will be back with the 'Fins next year.

keep griese kick fiedler

:allhail:

like i said....griese is the better qb for the team we want to be....if we had a decent o-line to give BG time....we saw the accuracy that he possesses.........

Fiedler may not look all that pretty in his play but he has something that Griese sorely lacks: mental toughness and grit

ya and fiedler sorely lacks accuracy consistency and arm strength........i agree fiedler was fairly "tough" and "gritty" .....but if he's so freakin tough why cant he make it through a season w/o injuries

brett favre is tough...marino was tough

fiedler is a backup quarterback that wants to make starting qb money and THATS what drives him.......he sux

and i hope marino will be the man that boots that big ear fool outta miami

fiedler is a backup quarterback that wants to make starting qb money and THATS what drives him.......he sux

and i hope marino will be the man that boots that big ear fool outta miami

You know Jay Fiedler???? Wow, and here I thought you were just some dude posting on the internet when, in fact, you're Fiedler's personal confidant! I mean, you must be in order to know what "drives" him. Either that or you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply doing something that's ever popular around here: Jay hating. I'm guessing it's the latter.

btw its not just popular around here.......jay hating is a world renown sport

how do i not know what im talking about? granted the "money" statement is prolly not entirely true why don't you dissect the rest of my post? because its true...he is not consistent, accurate, or tough and gritty like you say...he is an injury prone ex-starting qb of the dolphins i pray

Is it me..............but i get so sick and tired of hearing your hater no wait your a lover...nope your a hater again (Maybe this forum is to express opinions)

I am as ALL of us a lover for whatever QB is in the game but express concerns when they are not.

I would have to concur I believe Griese to have a better arm then Fiedler.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Is it me..............but i get so sick and tired of hearing your hater no wait your a lover...nope your a hater again (Maybe this forum is to express opinions)

I am as ALL of us a lover for whatever QB is in the game but express concerns when they are not.

I would have to concur I believe Griese to have a better arm then Fiedler.

And that's all BG have over Jay, a better arm, but without the football savoy to employ it, it's another R. Leaf love song..:sleep:

Bringin Jay back would not be all that bad. You guys forget about that Oline we fielded last year, it was THE root of all evils in Miami! I mean u try 2 be consistent and accurate with your Oline steadily moving backwards and leakin like a woman at the end of the month! A lot goes on~on the field that we as fans of the sport dont truly understand or acknowledge. Jay can lead this team, he's proven that(pre Norval)! He may not be the king of all kings, but a little confidence goes a long way! Oh yeah...................F@#k Griese!

look im just posting my opinions......i don't think im being completely unrealistic here....i am sure there are some people that would agree with my posts

but even if they don't i don't care...im not attacking anyone so my posts are legit....

Back
Top Bottom