Jay Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler

That's because...

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
How many know-it-alls came to this board saying that Fiedler doesn't fit in Norv Turner's offense blah blah blah because he doesn't have the vertical arm etc. Meanwhile Norv watched film on Fiedler and said he was impressed. Then gave the thumbs up for the Dolphins to sign him to a new contract. Mike Shanahan and Tom Coughlin also think highly of Fiedler.

Throwing a deep pass isn't always about throwing the ball 70 yards. It has more to do with timing and setting the play up. Having a chance to play with the same receivers for more than one season helps too.

The Dolphins OL struggled last year and look at how Jay improvised to help win games. Some of you guys just don't get it.

... some ppl think only strong armed QB's can throw a ball a long way. When you say you have a strong arm it has nothing to with the distance you can throw a ball. It has everything to do with how fast a ball is delivered to the receiver.

Does Fiedler have a strong arm? No he doesn't, but either do a lot of QB's that can throw the ball a long way. No offense to anyone, but ignorance is bliss in this case. IMO one of Fiedler’s strengths is the vertical passing game; he has had trouble on the dump offs and quick reads not in anyway the long ball.

Oliver...

No he's above AVG...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Fiedler would start on about half of the NFL teams. He is AVERAGE, and for now he is nothing better than that.

... his win/loss total as a starting QB and stats show this without a doubt. AVG is 16th, not 13th.

Oliver...

Jay`s stats put him at the 13th spot in QB ratings and you have him 15-18? Ummm.....never mind, ice.

Yeah, because Vick is better. I would guess 15-18, if I checked by going through all starting NFL QBs it could be different.

Fiedler is a second string QB. He couldn't beat out Brunell in Jacksonville but then he waltzes right in here and becomes the starter. He has an ordinary arm and makes terrible decisions at crucial times. We need to constantly be on the lookout for a young guy that we can groom to replace Jay in the near future!!!!

CRAZYDOLFAN305, do your fingers hurt???? do you need some pain releiver??? LOL ;), great post brother i agree all the way, look for the latest fiedler post i just added, it awesome........

Back
Top Bottom