Jay is one game away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay is one game away

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
From shutting every Feidler basher up for a long time. All he has to do is have another mistake free game and lead Miami to victory against the team that has kept Feidler bashers around thus far. On the other hand if we lose, and the loss can be traced back to Jay by any means I probably won't be around next week, because the Feidler bashing will get ugly. I think I can speak for all Feidler bashers(even though i don't put myself in that group) by saying we are all pulling for you Jay, dispite what some pro-Feidler members might think. Can anyone beleave that Jay"Please stop Booing" Feidler is the highest rated passer in the NFL? Even take that one further imagine if he finishes the season that way, no one would ever have to take part in a Feidler debate again. That would bve sweet!

Maybe. We haven't exactly played a stout defense yet folks. Lets play the Jets, then the Patriots, then we'll decide whether or not we've got the real deal offense set up down here.

Jay reminds me a lot of Jeff Garcia right now. Given the right personnel and system around them, they both have an ability to play mistake free football. EVERY quarterback throws interceptions...but not every QB gets their team down the field and scores touchdowns either.

He could actually pull the league lead out in the end...highly doubtful, but look at the way the supposed "superstars" are playing right now: Manning, Warner, and Garcia are all sucking wind. Go Jay!

Jay has done very well so far, lets hope that he does the same next week and ENDS THE STREAK!!!!

Jay right now and the Jets next week.

According to ESPN's stats, so far this is where Jay is at in the NFL:

QB RATING........... #1
TDs....................... #1 (3 way tie)
TD%..................... #1 (No one is close, he is ahead by more then 2 points)
YPA ........................#2

Thats not too bad. In fact thats pretty dammned good.Not to mention he is in the top 10 with every other important stat as well.

Considering how well the Offense is playing and the fact that Norv says the offense isn't playing at its best yet. Throw in the wake up call up the second half against INDY....

I think that next week we are goign to TEAR the Jets Defense apart. We may not make them look as bad as new england did, but its not gonna be pretty for the "Still Overrated" JETS.

Defensivley, we should have no problem. Coles/S. Moss have done NOTHING this year, and right now are certainly not as dangerous as Harrison/Ismail. Not to mention they have yet to face the 2 best CBs in the league.

Furthermore, Vinny T. far from the calibur of Peyton Manning (Fieldler is closer to Manning then Vinny)... Curtis Martin is good, but he is no E. James.

I guess with all this talk I should just climb out on that limb and predict the score...

35-17 Miami. (7 of the jests points come from somewhere other than offense).

Originally posted by ChrisChambers84
Why no 100 yard games for Chris Chambers? Im sad now...

Its become obvious that the focus of our O will be RW. To keep the D guessing, there will be a mix of CC, OG, DW, RM, and RK. As long as this formula works, I doubt that any WR will see a 100 yd game, despite the obvious talent that Chris has.

The Jay bashers will never be turned around. They hate him, for whatever reason. If Jay laeds the league in passing, and takes us to a SB champoinship, they will somehow say that it was a fluke, he is a product of Norv's system, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Let's face it, Jay Fiedler is what he is. He will probably never earn the hearts of the majority of "fin fans". But the loyal followers, such as many on these boards, will accept him for what he is, and root him on regardless.

Originally posted by Dajesus
All he has to do is have another mistake free game

He did have a int yesterday...that's not mistake free :rolleyes:

Case in point to the Jay bashers, Jay had an INT that's not mistake free.

Jay was very good and if the play calling hadn't become conservative we'd have scored 40.

A bad throw yes, but overall a pretty mistake free game from Jay.GIVE HIM SOME CREDIT FOR ONCE!

Originally posted by Dolfan984
He won't lead the league in passer rating, but he'll be top 10 for sure.

i would not count on that prediciton. if you take a good look around the league, everyoen is going 5 wide outs alot and spreading it out. New england is now ding this. st louis, Jets, bills, Raiders, minnesota, Redskins,ect. ect. ect. meanhwhile, we stick to ball control mentality, which is smart. that is why we have a milliion Cb's on our roster, cus we see the trend that is happening. the team who can powerrun the football, not turn the ball over, and play great defense(which we are not until the red zone) will go to the dance.

Originally posted by scotgif
The Jay bashers will never be turned around. They hate him, for whatever reason. If Jay laeds the league in passing, and takes us to a SB champoinship, they will somehow say that it was a fluke, he is a product of Norv's system, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Let's face it, Jay Fiedler is what he is. He will probably never earn the hearts of the majority of "fin fans". But the loyal followers, such as many on these boards, will accept him for what he is, and root him on regardless.

Its his ears. that s the problem. hes not a pretty QB either way you slice it. its all about looks in this society people. only the beautiful can apply. :monkey:

Re: Jay right now and the Jets next week.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
According to ESPN's stats, so far this is where Jay is at in the NFL:

QB RATING........... #1
TDs....................... #1 (3 way tie)
TD%..................... #1 (No one is close, he is ahead by more then 2 points)
YPA ........................#2

Just as with Dilfer, a QB surrounded with talent will put up great numbers even though his own talents are not outstanding. The key is having the ability to perform well without making mistakes - which is what we see Jay doing more and more.

The QB is traditionally given credit for the TEAM's performance, unlike other positions. In 2002, a surprisingly effective OL, TE rookie playing well beyond expectations, RW supurb, and even the FB contributing as never before, are the real reason this O is on fire.

I have no problem with Jay and hope he keeps playing as steady as he has. Norv has said we are still developing and won't peak until Nov./Dec. That's great and if some want to give all the credit to Jay because of stats that are greatly influenced by the other O player performances - then that is OK too - but we all really know why football is the ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT.

Back
Top Bottom