Jay is the right choice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay is the right choice

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I think Jay is the right choice between Griese and Fiedler. I will admit that.

I don't believe Jay pefroms better, I just believe the team plays better with him. When I see him throw I am not seeing great passes. Chambers first catch was a great catch, two sure fire picks were dropped by the Redskins. But all of a sudden last night the team played better. Ricky started running, the defense stepped it up, the WRs were making catches.

Now before we all get ahead of ourselves, we beat a 4-7 team. That's right 4-7. The same QB and team looked equally terrible early in the year. What remains to be seen by this team is can they win a single meaningful game against a quality opponent. The history of this team has been that they can not. That has been Jay's history. Does it all change now? We can and should hope it does.

One thing is clear, the best chance we have getting there this year is Jay. But don't be suprised if at the end of the year we are all in discussion about who is avaialble for offense next year.

We beat a 4-6 team that was playing like its life depended on it. We came back from 14 points down in the fourth quarter, something that hadn't been done in more than 23 years (yes, that means Dan Marino never led such a comeback -- HERESY!). And we played like a unified team.

By the way, the great catch by Chambers was on a throw that hit him in stride (sorry, couldn't pass that one up).

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

By the way, the great catch by Chambers was on a throw that hit him in stride (sorry, couldn't pass that one up).

Lets play a team with a winning record. Which we will soon.

Yes, I have never been a big fan of Fiedler (not really for Griese either for that matter) but the TEAM plays a LOT better with Fiedler.

It seemed like a total different team when Jay was in there. The oline actually blocked. Ricky had holes to run through!? Just blew my mind how different it was. Lets hope that continues.

However, we can definitely lay to rest the QB debate. NO question... Jay is the man for this team.

Originally posted by Oboy

However, we can definitely lay to rest the QB debate. NO question... Jay is the man for this team.

funny, i saw posts EXACTLY like this one last month...relating to griese. the qb debate will live on...as soon as jay throws his first pick.

Remember Griese looked every bit as God against San Diego as Jay did against Washington.

Lets see what ahappens in the weeks to come against some good teams.

My bet is we will be looking for a QB this off season.

The Cowboys, Pats, and Eagles ...YIKES.

I have very little actual hope, but that's why they play the games.

At least we get some extra days off after the Boys. That is an advantage for us going up to N.E.

Mobile QB's give us problems.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think Jay is the right choice between Griese and Fiedler. I will admit that.

I don't believe Jay pefroms better, I just believe the team plays better with him. When I see him throw I am not seeing great passes. Chambers first catch was a great catch, two sure fire picks were dropped by the Redskins. But all of a sudden last night the team played better. Ricky started running, the defense stepped it up, the WRs were making catches.

Now before we all get ahead of ourselves, we beat a 4-7 team. That's right 4-7. The same QB and team looked equally terrible early in the year. What remains to be seen by this team is can they win a single meaningful game against a quality opponent. The history of this team has been that they can not. That has been Jay's history. Does it all change now? We can and should hope it does.

One thing is clear, the best chance we have getting there this year is Jay. But don't be suprised if at the end of the year we are all in discussion about who is avaialble for offense next year.

I agree. IMO the Griese experiment is over and know what to do concerning him next year. Even tho, we will still be faced with the Fiedler situation.

Originally posted by dolfan87

At least we get some extra days off after the Boys. That is an advantage for us going up to N.E.

Mobile QB's give us problems.

And you can bet yer sweet bippy that the game uP in Buffalo ain't gonna be a cake walk neither! Our only hope there is to pray that global warming has a huge effect that day!!

Remember Griese looked every bit as God against San Diego as Jay did against Washington.

Griese was not playing with a 13-point deficit late in the fourth quarter. And Fiedler was not playing against a demoralized team with its city on fire.

Fiedler may well be looking for work at the end of this season. But last night's performance tells me he will surely find it.

Originally posted by dolfan87

This will define the season, we haven't come close to living up to all the pre-season bs hype that we heard coming in with all our key moves that will end our december swoon. Now is the time for these high priced players to step up and show why they went to pro bowls with one win at a time and one after another.

pumpkin pie and a dolphins win is all I ask!

Im sure we will be looking at QB's this offseason. But it doesnt mean that Jay doesnt do a commendable job while hes in there. As last night proves yet again, Fiedler is a winner.

Nice post btw finatic.

Thanks surf. I think Jay is the best choice right now. I hope the team rallies and we have some fun over the next month or two.

I think we will know in three more weeks than we do now.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Griese was not playing with a 13-point deficit late in the fourth quarter. And Fiedler was not playing against a demoralized team with its city on fire.

Fiedler may well be looking for work at the end of this season. But last night's performance tells me he will surely find it.

Griese also does not have three years with this team under his belt like Jay the only thing wining last night against a "demoralized" Skins team did was put us farther away from a top draft pick that we need more then the win against the Skins. The Fins are not good enough to go anywhere this year so finishing with a wildcard spot hurts more then it helps.

Fiedler will be picked up by a team next year, I agree... but as much as Jay can't throw deep or stay healthy he will "surely" be a backup where he belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone agrees that Jay is the man for the team, at least for the rest of the year, and I say that cause there will always be Jay haters. I for one think when Jay is on, like he was at the beginning of last year he is a really good Quarterback.

And yes I admit I was a big supporter of the Griese experiment but you have to admit ... at least now we know, and all of you Jay supporters out there can admit that he played better in that game than he has in a long time, I know I was happy to see the old Jay back.

Back
Top Bottom