Jay is the right choice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay is the right choice

Beck:

Griese's first interception was not his fault. However, the second one most definitely was. It was an underthrown ball, plain and simple.

Also, you don't measure mobility just on rushing yards. You measure iot on the ability to avoid getting sacked.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think I am hearing a lot of people agree. This year Jay is the answer.

I am just a little pissed that the rest fo the team laid down on Brian and then gets it up for Jay. They are professionals and should be getting after it every game, regardless of who is throwing.

As for everyone agreeing thats because neither of the 2 passes washington should have picked off were (thankfully). Jay did a good job last night and I'm glad to see the response he got but to answer the second part of the quote everyone did seem to lay down last night with the exception of the one play by mcknight. The o-line is soo bad for three quarters then magically show up in the fourth quarter. And the D-fense was slacking in the first half but picked it up after the half. What's up with that, no matter who's in there do your job!

Originally posted by BroncoFox
As I said, Griese makes it look like it isn't himself that is the problem.. but when you take him out, the problem goes away. It is the most bizarre thing I've seen. :)

You made the right choice with Jay. I mean, he may not be your long term right choice, but as far as choosing between him and Brian, he is by far your best bet. Brian I thought maybe would be a better player under a different system, but he looks the same. Short passes, lots of sacks, no leadership, no emotion.. he is a robot. Be thankful you only had to put up with him for a few games instead of a few years. :(

BroncoFox

Shouldn't you be worrying about the filth in your own house before you try to find it in the home of another? I mean, how in the heck did jake manage to lose to the Chicago Bears after that performance by Portis? :rolleyes: Tell you what genius, find me ONE game where the Broncos lost with Brian at QB under the same circumstances. Yeah, you sure got an improvement. :rolleyes:

BTW, I found a whole lot more of your "I call it's". I will post them here for you when I have more time. Looks like you have an exaggerated opinion of your own importance huh? I also noticed that TJ finally answered my question on OM, inadvertantly. :lol: Guess that means you were lieing your teeth out. :lol:

BTW2, Looks like they kicked you out of the bar where you usually watch games, or did you take your lap top along? Tell me again how you watch EVERY PLAY, while you are typing? Looked more like you were trying to find someone, anyone who would agree with your idiotic takes. Amazing thing is, you usually manage to find one that is dumb enough.:lol:

I just find it rather difficult to watch a game while I am surfing the net and contributing to forums. :lol: (looks like you missed the Broncos game) Please tell us HOW you managed to watch the Dolphins game? Oh, that's right you have a habit of commenting on things you know nothing about. Have lots of proof of that right here on this Forum also. I will get back to you later with some samples. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Beck:

Griese's first interception was not his fault. However, the second one most definitely was. It was an underthrown ball, plain and simple.

You obviously did NOT go back and watch the play in slow motion.
Getting pretty bad when the QB can make more moves than the Receiver. :mad: Once again, WATCH Chambers 31 yard catch for JF. THEN watch the Interception. If you can't see that chambers had ample opportunity to go BACK to that pass, I will loan you my glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Beckyj4

You obviously did NOT go back and watch the play in slow motion.

I guys CC was really slow getting to the ball in slow mo...

OK Becky...Brian is sitting now...you can go back from where you came from.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

This attitude infuriates me. Are you actually suggesting that the Dolphins should lay down and intentionally lose the rest of their games for a DRAFT PICK?!?!? As long as you have a chance to go to the playoffs (and the Fins would actually be in the playoffs if they started today), you have a chance to win the Super Bowl. And you have to play to win, not hoard draft picks. My lord, one would think you would have the team fold the second they fell out of a #1 playoff seed!

this is what you get from people. Hoping for a loss because they dislike the QB so we could have a higher draft pick. Sad isn't it?

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

wining last night .... put us farther away from a top draft pick that we need more then the win against the Skins. The Fins are not good enough to go anywhere this year so finishing with a wildcard spot hurts more then it helps.

I vote for most assinine post of the year and exposure of a non-dolfan.....

Originally posted by FFiB

I vote for most assinine post of the year and exposure of a non-dolfan.....

He's got my vote!!!

Yes they haven't played anywhere near we expected but as far as being a Dolphan your membership to anything Dolphin related has now been revolked sorry! :cry: :fire: :D

i doubt the team laid down in any way for BG, only to pick it up when JF came in. i think that first pass play to Chambers ignited a fire under the O line, and the team as a whole. the Redskins offense got into gear when Hasselbeck came in, does anyone think that the Skins were laying down while Ramsey was in there, so Hasselbeck could come in? preparing for one type of QB in this case Griese, a drop back QB with little mobility,then getting Fiedler who can roll out and improvise better can throw a defense off balance, and in this case it did.

Yikes! See.. I told you, if you say anything negative about Brian, Becky is there like a shot! :)

Becky.. don't ramble unless you know of what you speak, ok? sheesh..

Of course you obviously didn't watch the Bronco game, or you would have seen Portis got the bulk of his yards on 2 runs in the first half. He only ran the ball some 4 times in the second half, one of the reasons we lost. The other reason we lost is because the entire team just played awful. From coaching to play, only a couple players stood out (Portis and Sharpe). Everyone else blew it. Plummer didn't look great, but he didn't look horrible either. Eddie Mac dropped one in the endzone, Rod dropped one at the 1, Lelie dropped a 50 yarder.. plenty of blame to go around. The team just stunk it up.

And the Mane has a thread dedicated to each game, if you didn't know, and people post while they watch, for the benefit of those who don't get the game. Where did I say I was watching this one at a sports bar?! And I said I did NOT get to watch the Fins game (just a dozen or so plays of it), and even asked in another thread how Brian did before the benching, I was curious.

But I dunno where you think myself or anyone else thinks Jay is an amazing QB. He is IMO a slightly above average QB, and a pretty good fit in Denver. However, I DO think he is a solid upgrade from Brian for several reasons. So yup.. he is an improvement.

I figured you would be here defending Brian once again. Benched now on a second team, and you are still making excuses for him. How is it that for Brian, he has NO time to throw, in your opinion, but Jay has PLENTY of time to throw, as you said above. What.. are you saying the line pass rush defends *better* for Jay than for Brian? It's a conspiracy now? Hee.. ok.

Jus' out of morbid curiosity, when Brian moves along to another team, are you going to follow and support him? I swear you must be his mother or something.. O.o

BroncoFox

I think you guys are taking Rickykick wrong. I believe what he is saying is that we have many problems on this team. Most of them are centered around a real void in talent. Especially on offense. The implication is not that we should lose games. The fact is Miami has been in the same boat for awhile. Too good to get high draft picks, but not good enough to go all the way.

Every Dolphin fan here would like to see the Fins go all the way. You guys are all so busy slapping each other on the back because Jay has played 17 minutes of good ball this year. Believe me this Dolphin team has some real problems and one quarter of good ball against a crappy under .500 team does not solve them.

We need to beat some real teams and start delivering on the promise before you are going to get wholesale buy in that we are any different than the team that missed the playoffs last year.

WOW! The ball was underthrown. And chambers isn't paid to be a Receiver? Like the guys in the booth said, he did NOTHING to help his QB. Several times they also said that he was under pressure all night. Yet he managed to put several throws right on the money. Fiedler missed the mark over and over, inc. the 31 yarder to Chambers. His next longest pass was 9 yards, yet you are telling me what a fantastic job JF did? Luckily, there are QBs in the league that have Receivers that understand that EVERY pass is not going to be right in their hands. They just might have to move a couple of steps.

Blame it on Brian all you like. Chambers HAD to have seen where that ball would end up. If he is so immobile that he cannot take two steps while a ball is traveling 30+ yards through the air, he needs to find another occupation.

After reading all the praise heaped on JF on this thread, and knowing it is echoed in Miami, Ricky Williams must be feeling pretty unappreciated by now. What part of "Ricky saved those drives", did you not understand? There but for the grace of God, JF had 2 Ints. and NO TDs. (BOTH would have been his fault, since they were thrown right TO a defender, on SHORT yardage yet.) Ricky Williams sold his body out to keep the drive going and get the TDs, and gets to watch JF take credit for it? Shame on you.

Great BroncoFox is here from the Orange Mange.

There goes the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom