Jay Signs 5 Year Deal, Wanny Gets.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Signs 5 Year Deal, Wanny Gets....

At first I was pissed

I said earlier I would like Jay to come back ifhe would stay at his scheduled salary, but since this didn't look feesable I was hoping he would be lured away by the almighty $. This being said I couldn't be happier w/what transpired today. Jay stays on for this season at the same salary he was scheduled to make 1.25 mill(525,000 base 4mill singing bonus divided by 5 years). If he plays like crap or Cade makes leaps and bounds this preseason Miami can cut him at the end of the year and only lose 3.2 mill, or they can keep him on the team 1 more year for 3 mill then cut him and only lose 2.4 mill towards the salary cap. Bottom line the Fins gave Jay 1 more year to stop throwing the ints, if he does he will be rewarded w/lots of $, if not Dumbo will be flying somewhere else. Love the contract way to go Rick!

For all you Jay lovers

I'm writing all your names down.

Remember when Jay lit up the Jets for 0 this year? Or how about that whopping 0 he threw on the 49ers?

Sorry we should judge a 25 million dollar QB by his playoff performances. Let's see there was that 0 he smoked the Raiders with or how about the huge 3 versus the Ravens?

Good thing we resigned him geniuses. You guys still think Bledsoe is better than Brady?

Re: For all you Jay lovers

Originally posted by FinsOnTop

Remember when Jay lit up the Jets for 0 this year? Or how about that whopping 0 he threw on the 49ers?

Sorry we should judge a 25 million dollar QB by his playoff performances. Let's see there was that 0 he smoked the Raiders with or how about the huge 3 versus the Ravens?

Good thing we resigned him geniuses. You guys still think Bledsoe is better than Brady?

Exactly, Jay can't do it against good teams.

BTW, Bledsoe is better than Brady. You will see this is true next season when Brady sucks.

Jay Fiedler is not going to win the Super Bowl for the Dolphins by himself (he is not that kind of QB). This signing only makes the chase for Ricky Williams that much more important.

I think he can win...

if he gets the supporting cast around him. You can see in that Mon. nighter against the Colts what he can do if he gets time to throw. Now add a running game, a pass rush and Norv's downfield plays and we'll see. BUT HE CAN'T THROW THOSE DAMN INT'S or none of that will matter. Two encourging signs; he finished with qb rating in the 80's after being in the 60's and 70's all year. and overall, Fiedler is 22-10 as a starter in the NFL, the second-best mark among active NFL quarterbacks after 32 starts, trailing only St. Louis' Kurt Warner (26-6).
I can't say I wouldn't rather have Drew Brees on the roster, but it sounds like all around it's good deal.
Now go get us a running game dammit!

Re: For all you Jay lovers

Originally posted by FinsOnTop

did you read the specifics of this contract? It doesn't gaurante Jay 25 mill, and doesn't gaurnte he will be a Dolphin for the next five years. It was basicly a lease on Jay for 1 season maybe 2 at 4.5 mill to see if he can improve greatly. If he doesn't he will be gone at the end of this season or next costing the Dolphins very little against the cap. His cap # is only 1.25 this season that is far better than what anyone dreamed I assume, if he performs and is kept next season his cap # will only be 3.5 mill witch is still very low for starting qb. Then he can be released at the end of the 2 years only costing Miami 2.4 mill agianst the cap.

Yea... add my name to the list. :)

I'm not going to even GET into why I am a supporter!

I think we should draft Dorsey next year and cut Fiedler in 2. Fiedler is not a long term solution at QB.

i think you should explain............

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Yea... add my name to the list. :)

I'm not going to even GET into why I am a supporter!
yourself a little more. there are more than one type of supporter. ATHLETIC SUPPORTER............................!:stooges:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think we should draft Dorsey next year and cut Fiedler in 2. Fiedler is not a long term solution at QB.

If we can get Dorsey, I think we should groom him under Fiedler for two years. Make it easier for him. I hope we have Jay for 3 years MAX.

Eli Manning Eli Manning Eli Manning! Have I mentioned I would like it if Miami draft Eli. In his second year at ole miss he played outstanding. He has turned a run first team to a pass heavy team. With no talent arounf at him wr he put up huge numbers in one of the best conferences in ncaa football. If he comes out next year he will probably get drafted after leftwitch, dorsey, and grossman, but i truly think he is the best passer in the group. Well i guess we should wait to see what happens this year, but Eli Manning!

Originally posted by Dajesus
Eli Manning Eli Manning Eli Manning! Have I mentioned I would like it if Miami draft Eli. In his second year at ole miss he played outstanding. He has turned a run first team to a pass heavy team. With no talent arounf at him wr he put up huge numbers in one of the best conferences in ncaa football. If he comes out next year he will probably get drafted after leftwitch, dorsey, and grossman, but i truly think he is the best passer in the group. Well i guess we should wait to see what happens this year, but Eli Manning!

Eli could be a top 3 pick in 2 years just because of his brother and the fact he is a very very very very very good QB. I think Eli is just as good as Peyton.

I think he will come out next year. He was redshirted so this is actully his senior year. I also think he will leave because the Ole Mis playbook is so elementry, it would be detramental to stay another year.

Back
Top Bottom