JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics)

Jonathon wants to know if you want him back writing reports, what do you say?

• Yes...

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No...

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I Don't Really Read Any Training Camp Reports...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Eat Glue...

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this has turned into a real phin fan soap opera...please give it a rest!
oh yea, please keep the reports coming in, from everyone!

Now that Miami is in Tenn then they have a their first preseason game a week from today i really don't care. It was great the first week, but now we can watch it for our selves(if you live in SW Florida or have direct TV). Even though i don't care everyone should stop bashing the guy his heart was in the right place, and i find it interesting that his biggest advisory and the guy that brought up this whole soap opera was a training camp reporter from another web site. I hate when people have hidden agendas.

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
But it's not acurate!! And NO that report he wrote was on Monday's practice..the one where he mentioned the Fletcher thing..guess I didn't make that clear. Nobody had any INT's that day, that's what makes this so ridiculious. And I knew somebody would say "alright, it's an honest mistake." It just shows that he wans't there, hasn't been there, and as many other examples show, he is just re-stating media reports and adding false info into it. I don't need those kind of reports no matter how far away I am from camp.

Give it up dude or the next time you make a mistake I'll be on your butt for the next year. Your bordering on obsessive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't catch on until this morning, by reading this thread, what was really happening with the reports. I was under the impression that Jonathan was actually there. I am a little surprised, but I think the lesson is learned. Forgive and forget with this one. I vote yes, if Jonathan is willing to put forth all the effort and time it takes to continue on.

:D :D :D

Ummmmmmm

I voted yes... only because it's easier to read his compilations that browsing through everyone's individual accounts, although I end up doing that too.... but he does usually put things in a nice compact format...

I eat glue too... but it wouldn't let me vote twice :goof:

my two cents....I tried to vote for No but it wouldn't let me....I don't want EYEWITNESS TC reports from some one who is not even there. I had no idea untill today that JBrown wasn't even going to the practices. Not because I was blown away by the accuracies of his reports but because of the section of his reports that was titled "EYEWITNESS Reports". This section included JBrown's "My Take" which I assumed meant that he was telling us what HE SAW. This was the only part of JB's reports that I had any interest in, because all the rest of the stuff was just news that I had already read somewhere else. (i pointed this out a few days ago).
Now that I find out that "his take" is nothing but "his opinion" of what he has heard, i have no desire to read anymore of his articles. I can form my own opinions through what i read from other reporters, I don't need someone else to do it for me.
My take on the practices is every bit, if not more, informed than JB's.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Now that I find out that "his take" is nothing but "his opinion" of what he has heard

My take on the practices is every bit, if not more, informed than JB's.

Good point. If JB continues to give TC reports, they should be accurate accounts of the FACTS obtained through his 5 friends. We all want to form our own opinions based on the FACTS and our OWN biases and perceptions. The FullBack situation is an example. With the acquisition of Femi, all bets are off and we see all sorts of opinions. Some rant and rave about Dyer because they have a vision of a bowling ball dominate blocker, others say Konrad's receiving and running skills will shine in Turner's system. (Femi is a relatively unknown entity at this time).

This is not to bring up the FB debate again, but to make a point that I would like to see info. from TC on the FB's about receptions, drops, touches, reps, blocking, who is on first, second team, etc. I think JB mixes in his own opinions and biases with comments like:

"Nevertheless Konrad, Ayanbadejo, and Dyer all had a real good solid practice. Needless to say if Miami keeps all four backs, Ayanbadejo or Konrad is gone basically, because they can not afford to let Dyer go with the horrible play by the Offensive Line. I mean they atleast need someone to make some blocks and Dyer can do it too. "

Controversial at the least, and should be part of a thread on the FB situation, not the TC report.

Facts, not opinions, in all TC reporting does not mean that editorial comments such as "it was a spectacular catch", "a bone crushing tackle", or "pass thrown like bullet" shouldn't be included. But to speculate on Wanny's/Turner's strategy on topics like the FB issue should be elsewhere in the MB.

Just one person's opinion.

When I post a report I always say who it's from. I've emailed nancy at Phinzone for permission to use her observations here and credit her as author. I voted yes for JB but he should give his source credit. Phinbo should also be given credit for bringing this to light.

Yes, Bo, thank you for bringing this to light. Like I said, I enjoyed the reports, but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Originally posted by Agua
Yes, Bo, thank you for bringing this to light. Like I said, I enjoyed the reports, but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Ditto.

Don't feel like doing reports here anymore. If you gys don'tw ant information on what has been going on through camp than fine. However I do have one question, what does it matter if I tell you what friends say rather than them writing an eyewitness report. I mean you are still getting to know what happened at practice. I'm just simply stating what happened, its not making anything up. So eventhough I'm not there, if I have a few friends tell me what happened, I think that means what I say they saw, so none of my facts were made up. The reports were from interformation I received from friends who went, not just gathered info. When I wrote my reports I didn't skim the net and get info, I got info from people who attended, which is as accurate as you can get. Its just like Ozzy's, except he writes a eyewitness report, while I just get info on camps from friends at all position and write them. Its basically the same thing. But if you guy guys don'tw ant reports on whats happening, its fine with me.

JB: Dude, there are 20 people that give a yes and 3 people that eat glue (LOL, had to say that). For the people that said no, then the simply don't have to read the report... or choose to read it if they want to.

Phinfanbo: Thanks for bringing the subject up to begin with, however, the subject is dead. Whether there were two interceptions or not, I don't really know... and right now I don't really care... you want to know why? IT was in the past. JB says three of his friends saw the INT... what else do you want?

Everyone else:
...but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Not a bad idea at all... however, will it really make it any more in depth if he said, "This was said by my friend blablabla." In my opinion, it won't make any difference at all. However, I will ask Jonathan about putting something like "While I did not attend this training camp, I did compile these reports from friends that have attended."

Will that make everyone happy here? :cool:

Citing the sources would still make me happy. I think JBrown misses the point of why a lot of people are a little upset with him. They are upset not because of the STYLE of report he makes (which is to say, a secondary source style compilation of eyewitness reports) but rather because he pretended that his secondary compilation was in fact a firsthand eyewitness report. His bad. Thats why people are upset IMHO. Even to this point he still fails to apologize or even accept responsibility for purposely misleading everyone into thinking that he actually wrote the reports. When his reports were questioned he fired back with statements like "I know what Is aw at practices" and "I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see" before he finally ended up admitting that he doesn't go to camps by saying "How can I goto TC, I Live in VA"

I have absolutely no problem with forgive-and-forget. But how can you forgive a man that still denies he did anything wrong?

And I say lay off PhinFanBo people. He did us a service by pointing out that JBrown's reports were inaccurate because it let us know that NO he was not attending these camps, whereas pretty much all of us thought he was. Whether that matters to you or not, I'm sure you'd still prefer to know before you give the report the weight you would normally give a guy who said he saw it all with his own eyes. Bo is a little obsessive right now and venemous but that is only because in the immediate wake of his accusations JBrown started spewing out a bunch of garbage about how Bo is jealous or whatever. I think Bo's point is taken so there's no more need to be hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom