JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics)

Jonathon wants to know if you want him back writing reports, what do you say?

• Yes...

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No...

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I Don't Really Read Any Training Camp Reports...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Eat Glue...

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told Finheaven.com how I was writing my reports. They knew I wasn't attending, so I did not try and mislead anyone. If I was trying to mislead than I would have told Finheaven.com I was attending, but I told them the truth.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
When his reports were questioned he fired back with statements like "I know what Is aw at practices" and "I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see" before he finally ended up admitting that he doesn't go to camps by saying "How can I goto TC, I Live in VA"

Talking to JB, he said that when he said that he meant from what he saw on TV or photos.

It's a dead issue to me as well. I did enjoy reading his reports and will continue if they are written. But like I wrote in my ost "Fumbleitis" I want what actually happened both good and bad. I am upset with him for lying to us about being there and watching them.

I'll continue to read them but will now take them with a different light than a man sitting there seeing these things first hand. I'll now take it with as much worth as reading it in a newspaper.

Oh well I do appreciate the work from JB but I see both sides.And JB just because you told Finheaven that you wouldn't be there, doesn't mean the people who read your reports know that unless you STATE IT IN YOUR REPORTS! Thanks

Nonetheless it was intentionally misleading. He may have told the Finheaven people but he did not make it clear in the reports or on the board. Quite the opposite in fact he misled people into believing he was actually there. And you mean to tell me that all of the inaccuracies that PhinFanBo brought up, JBrown could personally verify from 5 second video clips on TV and PHOTOGRAPHS??? I don't buy it. I think he was still tryin to make people think he was actually there, without actually giving a letter by letter lie, and to me thats the same thing as lying.

I honestly don't really care who writes the TC reports mostly. My main concern is that ALL THE FACTS and the truth is written. So write away all you TC people!

JB...people don't care who you told. They only know who you didn't tell. Telling someone else won't give me the information I need.

And I don't really eat the glue, I only kind of chew on it some. And I didn't inhale either! I like cheese.

in any of my reports did i say I went? No, CK you are really immature when I did nothing wrong. How did I mislead anyone with giving info in which friends saw. I never said I was there. As a matter of fact, how stupid are you? Who goes to every single practice..No one..Duh..I was just being nice to all finfans by getting info for them

I post a Dolfantalk. All my reports from Friday-until Monday are up on that board, you can check them out. And why would you say keep the reports coming?? They are NOT legitimate reports, you know what...i'll start gathering media information and throwing in a few lies here and there and then you can compare the quality of my report against JB's report.

There's no need Bo. Save yourself the time. I was originally grateful to JBrown for his work even if he didn't go to camps, however now I guess his true colors are coming out. When he receives even the slightest criticism he begins with the insults.

How stupid am I? Only about as stupid as 95% of the other posters around here that ALSO thought that your reports came from you going to camps and making observations. JBrown you have a lot of growing up to do.

Geez u guys need to relax!!! Let the man do his reports, and if u dont like the way he writes or dont believe his reports then dont read them!!! Its that simple...He is a dolphins fan like the rest of us, he's not some bills fan in disguise!!! Just let this issue die and dont read his reports!!!

Bo, they are legitimate reports. However if you think legitimate reports don't count if they come from eyewitness than I guess all your reports you did are legitimate. Thanks for telling us that your reports are legitimate.

This what I don't understand.......Why you keep saying that reports are legitimate if we already prove they aren't.JB is showing his true colors now like CK said but there more people who like reading his false reports ...Let it end here because this discussion can go on until season starts.

I say yea..I need the fix..JB write your butt.off. You live in VA,,where..I'm in Fort Washington, MD and work in D.C. I'm going to Skins camp and yell at DG for would he did..:-) or should I didn't do..and let him know he was wrong...

ok, I am sick of all this. JB isn't returning my IMs so he either is away or he's ignoring me. However, since I see that he is going from one thread to another on these boards then he obviously is around the computer.

So, my decision is this. Jonathon, if you wish to talk about the site or something... IM or email me.

However, for right now... this entire discussion about JB's articles IS DEAD! This thread will be closed as well as any other discussions about his reports (unless you wish to discuss FOOTBALL when and if he decides to write another article).

Anybody that still wants to bring this subject up again (God knows somebody won't give it up!) Go to the Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions forum...

Now, can we PLEASE get back to Dolphins football and put this subject behind us? PLEASE!

My final post on Jonathon Brown (long but this says it ALL)

Then I'm going to drop it and let everyone decide for themselves whether they really want this guy around. First of all, the comments he was made in response have only furthered my point like when he said he lives in Va so how could he attend practice? The whole time he has been saying I know what I SAW and what my friends saw? Does that not make sense to anyone else.

Second of all, do you really believe this guy has friends attenting every practice session and reporting back to him? That's crap, plain and simple. He gets his stuff from media outlets and what's worse he exaggerates the reports, and MISLEADS PEOPLE! if i wasn't there on Monday afternoon, I would be thinking that Jamar Fletcher didn't get burned on several occasions as me and Ozzy saw. Instead, I would think that he outplayed Arturo Freeman, and came up with 2 INT's. And no, this is NOT the practice in which Surtain had 2 INT's. That was Tuesday's practice, the one where JB said Fletcher had 2 INT's was Monday afternoon's practice. If i listened to JB, I would think that Casey Roussell didn't just look decent out there, but was booming 60-65 yarders with ease during warm-ups. Do you guys realize how big a deal that is? A lot of people are probably sitting here thinking that Casey Roussell will be our punter this year. During that practice session that JB was talking about, Roussel was being booed during warm-ups!! His longest punt traveled MAYBE 40 yards, tops. If you read my post on Dolfantalk, you will see how I mentioned that Mark Royals looked head and shoulders over Roussell out there. I thought I was watching a high school kicker when I was watching the rookie!! That is not a difference in opinion. That is one person BEING there and SEEING it, and the other person assuming that because Roussell looked good earlier in the week, he must have continued to shine. And then when he makes his post on Tuesday afternoon he says that everything was fine and dandy with Ricky Williams. Didn't care to mention the fact that Williams fumbled twice until he read the media reports later that night, and then posted that on Wednesday, saying it happened on Wednesday which is completely inaccurate!! On Tuesday, the day that Searcy sat out practice, JB says he was playing great one day and terrible the next. That's funny, I was at every practice beetween Friday morning and Monday afternoon. Searcy wasn't there!! He reported on Sunday, and practiced Monday only, since he sat out Tuesday with injury. So how exactly was his play great one day and bad the next??

I need training camp reports too, I count on the fans that can get out to practice and give an eyewitness account of what went on out there. I even enjoy reading Curt Fennell's acurate summaries. He accumulates what he reads in the papers, and then writes a summary of it. BUT IT's ACURATE!! He doesn't mislead anybody, oh wait, that's until he started citing a couple of things from JB's reports (of course giving a link to JB's report at the bottom, it's called CITING). Now, not only is this guy giving us inaccurate reports and leading us to believe things that aren't true and never happened, but he is also ruining Curt's reports in a way!! Just to show just how much of this guy's reports are a joke..I'm going to comment on his report on Monday's practices..the last one's which I was able to attend..my thoughts are in parenetheses

My Morning Practice Take:
Today's morning practice was much more exciting than the past five practices. Not only because they were wearing pads, but we could finally see Running Back Ricky Williams, who we traded for in March, as well as seeing the other great Miami veterans. First off lets start with QB, Ray Lucas looked pretty decent today, as he has everyday since Training Camp started. He looks good in the pocket, as well as out and scrambling, but he does lack alittle bit of accuracy on the run that Fiedler doesn't. (THERE WAS NOT ONE OCCASION WHERE LUCAS ROLLED OUT OF THE POCKET AND THREW THE BALL MONDAY MORNING)As for Fiedler, he was there going through some small drills, but none of the contact drills. He is expected to be back throwing on Wednesday of this week. Then there is the Running Back position, Ricky Williams, looked great. He looks faster than he did in New Orleans last year and he is just as strong. His first handoff of the practice, he gained 5 yards, which was good considering Miami's usual running game. In the middle, he only carried twice and I think he picked 4 yards once and 5 on the other, but picking up anything in that drill is something to be excited about. Overall his day wasn't spectacular, but I must say he is definitely an upgrade from Lamar Smith. Then there was Robert Edwards and Travis Minor, they both ran pretty decent, as well as making pretty good cuts. Nevertheless both are still neck and neck for that 2nd string job, in which I think will fall in the hands of Travis Minor, but we will have to see how these things unfold. Then there was the Fullback position, Ayanbadejo, Deon Dyer, and Rob Konrad all looked good today . I honestly think the Fins will keep all three of them. Ayanbadejo will be basically a Special Team standout, while Dyer blocks for Ricky on running plays and Konrad will come in on passing plays. The only bad part of keeping them three, will be that they will have to cut either Edwards or Henry at Running Back. Next there is the Tight End position, in which you know I'm going to talk about Randy McMichaels, who had another solid and is gaining closer to Jed Weaver for that starting spot. I think McMichael, really impressed the coaches during the first three days of camp, and thats what has gotten him extra attention (EXTRA ATTENTION ON MONDAY!! I DONT THINK ONE PASS WHEN HIS WAY DURING 7 on 7's or 11 on 11's). If the coaches would have held off on naming a starter till after seeing McMichael, I think there would have been a different person starting at Tight End. Next there was the Wide Receiver position, Chris Chambers did it all today, catching everything in sight and even everything that wasn't. (NO NO AND NO..this was my last day attending camp and i was looking for something special from CC but he was being used only as a decoy, they were working the underneath passing game the entire day on Monday) There will be no Cornerback in the league that will be able to contain him, which should give Oronde Gadsden and Dedric Ward, who both had solid days today, more receptions. (NOTICE HOW HE SAYS SOLID DAYS ABOUT EVERYONE AND DOESNT GIVE A SINGLE EXAMPLE TO BACK IT UP..like maybe saying Ward made a nice over the shulder grab in 7 on 7's or something like that)I must say after seeing Chambers potential last season and this camp so far, I really don't know how he slipped down to the 2nd round in the 2001 Draft, but I'm glad he did. Then there is the Offensive Line, who did a fantastic job today pushing the Defensive Line back, which you haven't seen much of lately. There really is no one over powering in the Offensive Line. Today they just seemed to work well together and they got the job done nicely. Although it is a blessing to see Brent back out there, eventhough he was limited, but I still think he can compete for a starting job. I will have more individual information on the Offensive Line in a few days once I get a look at them for more than one day with pads on. Next the Defensive Line position, the line got kind of pushed around yesterday, especially up the middle, so I was anxious to see how they would respond today and as I expected they responded by clogging up the middle today. Larry Chester, Tim Bowens, and Jermain Haley all did there part in making the middle hard for Ricky to run through. I know Chester is the starter right now, but I think Haley will give him a push for the start opposite of Bowens. As for the Ends, they looked as good as always especially Taylor and Ogunleye. However neither Williams, nor Burnett made a strong impression to clearly win the starting job opposite of Jason Taylor, so I still think that position is wide open. As for our Linebacking corp and Secondary, they played fairly decent except for against Chambers, but what can you expect against him. The Secondary and Linebackers did do a lot more blitzing this practice, so it will be interesting to see if they continue this in the coming practices or were just trying it out this morning. Overall I think the team played pretty good for there first full squad practice.

My Afternoon Practice Take:
Well after having a great morning session, the Fins could only could better from there and they did. Lets start with QB, Tim Levcik and Zak Kustok both looked pretty decent for being new to this system. Eventhough I still think Kustok looks more comfortable in the pocket, while Levcik looks timid for some reason. However Levcik seems more accurate and has a stronger arm , so that may win him the job. As I said in the morning session, Lucas looked decent, nothing spectacular, but efficient enough to make the Fins look good. Then there was the Running Backs, who did excellent in the afternoon, especially Ricky Williams, who broke a few runs in the middle drills. (MIDDLE DRILLS? THE ONLY MIDDLE DRILL WAS IN THE MORNING AND HE DIDNT BREAK ANY JUST TOUGH 4 AND 5 YARD RUNS)He has looked really impressive, eventhough its only been two practices. Outside of Ricky Williams, Robert Edwards and Minor looked good again. They aren't really doing anything spectacular, but are getting the job done out of the backfield (GETTING THE JOB DONE HOW?? AGAIN, he wasn't there, he wouldn't know). However I would like to see Robert Edwards make a few more catches out of the backfield than usual. Next the Fullbacks are playing stellar. As I said in the morning take, I feel all three of these guys will make the team. Rob Konrad is by far going to be the starter if he plays like he has been. I really think that Norv will utilize Rob's talents more this year, than Gailey did last year. As for Dyer, I think they will utilize his blocking skills more than anything, but he will need to become some type of Offensive threat. I mean if they just put Dyer in there to block for Ricky than teams will know they are running, and basically when Konrad's in there, they will know they are passing unless Konrad develops some blocking skills. Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice (Ozzy, back me up here would you!! Chambers didn't catch a single pass during this practice session, EVERYONE there noticed it!!), and Oronde Gadsden, who makes catches people don't even think are possible. Both these guys will be stars for this team this year. As for Dedric Ward, he looked great in 3 Wide Receiver sets (Ward was in on maybe one or two 3 WR sets, Turner barely uses those). I honestly think he has passed McKnight on the Depth Chart. It's funny how McKnight was a starter last year and is now moving down teh charts. Hope he starts practicing well, because it would be a shame to waste all that speed, because he has bad hands. Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans. (Like Chambers, no catches. Didn't wow anyone!! I love this kid but this was a day when he didn't see the ball much)If this guy doesn't win the starting job, there must be some bias coaches in the organization. As for Weaver, he did fairly decent, especially in blocking, as you may see from that one picture where he was blocking for Ricky Williams. As for Mayes, he did most work, but doesn't look very good, although I think he's gone anyway (funny how he doesn't mention one of the plays of the day: A 25 yard snatch by Mayes on a deep post over Arturo Freeman!). I don't know why the coaches think he is so great, after all, he has been injured for two years. Now we move to the Offensive Line, who really did a good job today on some occasions against Chester and Bowens in the middle, but they still need to improve and open up more holes in the middle for Ricky. One guy who really looks good is Leon Searcy. People around camp are saying this guy looks like a Pro Bowler again.(The Leon Searcy who looked rusty to just about everyone there and left with an injury?) I sure hope so. As for the defense, they were back to their usual self, looking great as ever. DT Larry Chester was playing great. I really think the duo of Bowens and Chester will stop the middle running game completely, after all what human can possibly fit through there. As for the ends, Ogunleye continues to impress coaches, as well as being a fan favorite for autographs. Last thing to note was that the Secondary looked great, especially Auturo Freeman. He will be a great starter opposite of Brock Marion. Although Freeman was good, Fletcher stole the show. Fletcher had 2 interceptions in the afternoon practice. )that's the icing on the cake..the Fletcher thing..and this is NOT the practice where Surtain picked off two, that was on Thursday. There's no mistaking this..nobody out there had 2 INT's, nobody out there had a single on pick on Monday aft!)Looks as though some of you Fletcher doubters, may have spoke too soon. Well overall the Fins closed out a day of full contact with no injuries, which is always a good thing.

So NOW do you see what I'm saying. Anything decent he has to say can be read at the phins.com news wire, except they don't throw in exxaggerations and misconceptions for their own amusement and to make their posts look better!! I am telling you guys, I need the reports too, and this is not a report!! I might as well be reading a report on last year's practices, I would get as much out of it!!

Dude... this is going to be merged with one LONG ASS thread in the complaints forum. I moved ALL thread/posts into one nice thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom