Jeff Fisher is Available.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Fisher is Available..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Trying to beat all you "dump Sparano for Fisher" guys to the punch...

But a warning, Titans' record the first 4 years of Fisher's tenure:

7-9
8-8
8-8
8-8
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/

Sound familiar?

Of course, they did go to the super bowl his 5th year... Hmmm.

WOW i did not see that coming. But i think it would be stupid to fire Tony for Fisher, seeing how we just gave him 2 more years on his contract. Fisher will find a job but it won't be with the Fins.

I never understood the fascination with this guy.

In 17 years with that organization he only had 6 winning seasons. That's about 1 winning season out every 3 years.

Which is exactly the rate we have experienced with this regime. Can you imagine another 14 years of this garbage ?

Sparano just got an extension. The moron isnt going anywhere this year.

/thread.

I would still take Fisher. I like Sparano as a person, but he seemed to be over his head last year. Add on top of that all these new position coaches we added with no experience, it just feels like the blind leading the blind a bit.

This. We're stuck with Sparano, ****. Anyways, Fisher likely won't have a head coaching job this coming season but he will have one the next season.

The beginning of Fisher's coaching career is almost identical to Sparano's, only Sparano was better. You would have wanted Fisher canned in year 3 if he were here too, but now you want him because he made the super bowl in his 5th year?

The beginning of Fisher's coaching career is almost identical to Sparano's, only Sparano was better. You would have wanted Fisher canned in year 3 if he were here too, but now you want him because he made the super bowl in his 5th year?
Fisher has been pretty consistently mediocre. Im not sure if thats what you want from the Fins or not.

The only reason Sparano doesn't have 3 straight losing seasons is because Pennington fell into their lap at the perfect time, and Penny led that team teaching the receivers and players how to win by working and staying with them after every practice for hours (the players all said this about Penny really leading that 2008 team so there's no arguing that fact) -- coupled with the easiest schedule I've ever seen, and a +17 turnover ratio because 1) Penny was a very smart QB and didn't turn over the ball, and 2) because our schedule was so ridiculously easy playing against so many crappy offenses where the defense was able to get some free turnovers.

You would have wanted Fisher canned in year 3 if he were here too, but now you want him because he made the super bowl in his 5th year?
If you are expecting logic on this forum you're asking too much.

Most of the coaches everyone was creaming their pants over started off slow.

Soooo does this mean Vince Young is NOT AVAILABLE and will remain a Titan?

The only reason Sparano doesn't have 3 straight losing seasons is because Pennington fell into their lap at the perfect time, and Penny led that team teaching the receivers and players how to win by working and staying with them after every practice for hours (the players all said this about Penny really leading that 2008 team so there's no arguing that fact) -- coupled with the easiest schedule I've ever seen, and a +17 turnover ratio because 1) Penny was a very smart QB and didn't turn over the ball, and 2) because our schedule was so ridiculously easy playing against so many crappy offenses where the defense was able to get some free turnovers.

I love it how the coach doesn't get ANY of the credit for successful season, but ALL of the blame for a poor one...

---------- Post added 01-28-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-27-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

Soooo does this mean Vince Young is NOT AVAILABLE and will remain a Titan?

Probably. VY probably convinced Bud Adams.

i wonder if this is a sign of the cba getting done? seems weird adams would do this so late in the game.

Who gives a **** about their coaching record, you are starting to sound like Nublar with that ****. First of all, you're giving way too much credit for Sparano's record. His first season was pure luck, we lucked out because David Lee brought in the stupid wildcat and we ended up with a better record than we were suppose to. We were a 5-11 team without that stupid wildcat, period. Second, Sparano would never be anywhere near as close as smart as Fisher is coaching wise. Fisher learned from the best, he was an assistant to Buddy Ryan in the bears, he was a coordinator for a very good Eagles defense in the late 80's which lead in many statistical categories in the league. And his Titans weren't that bad either defensively. You know what type of jobs would open for Sparano if he wasn't coaching the Miami Dolphins? He would be nothing more than a offensive line coach, and a terrible one at it too, just look at our offensive line. Sparano doesn't hold **** on Fisher. No GM in the league other than our own would think Sparano is a better coach than Fisher, Harbaugh or anyone else.

I posted this a while ago, but for some reason the thread was removed, go figure. Anyway I saw we buy out our coaches contract, and hire Fisher. He may have not had that great of a track record, but I fully believe he knows a lot more about coaching than what we have currently.

Back
Top Bottom