Jeff Fisher is Available.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Fisher is Available..

I'm not sure how you can form an opinion on the staff before you have even seen them in action,

I'm sure that the last coach sparano hired for ST's, which ended up ranked dead last in the league, has you enthused.

its obvious the guy doesn't know what he's doing, well before his hires. And there's many reasons, but the primary reason is he just has absolutely no feel for the game. All the great coaches had a tremendous, natural, feel for the pro game (look at the coaches in the hall).. sparano just doesn't have it. he's not close.

To entrust this moron to build a staff should make you, well...

Wannstedt took something good (consistent playoff team) and turned it into dung (4 wins)... Sparano came in to turn around a 1-win team, much like Fisher did (the Oilers were coming off a 2 win season). It took Fisher 5 years of mediocrity before breaking through. You wont even give Sparano 3 years.

We have regressed for 2 straight losing seasons and you and Nubs call it a turnaround? As I've said before that 1-15 team was not as desperate and lacking in talent and experience as other teams before or after who have posted that record.

If Trent Green had remained healthy throughout that season would we have really gone 1-15?
If Brett Favre didn't go to the Jets and Pennington stayed at the Meadowlands would we have gone 11-5?
We are what are record suggests over the last decade if you shake it out - .500 team with winning records here and there. Average, not bad, ocasionally good, but overall mediocre.

Fisher is a good coach and is way better than Sporano

Yes his record with the Titans was simply "average" but statistics are only half the battle.

The Titans organization has always been notoriously cheap (they didnt even want to pay Chris Johnson).

I would say Fisher has done well with subpar talent for all those years.

..I like Fisher a lot...he knows defense... hell he played in Buddy Ryan's "46" defense back in the day,but we don't need a "defensive minded" coach...we need one with a CLUE on offense...

Wannstedt took something good (consistent playoff team) and turned it into dung (4 wins)... Sparano came in to turn around a 1-win team, much like Fisher did (the Oilers were coming off a 2 win season). It took Fisher 5 years of mediocrity before breaking through. You wont even give Sparano 3 years.

I think the general consensus is he broke through in year five, and since has remained well mediocre.

I am not impressed with Sparano and the moves he has made both off season and in game time moments. Now some people want to lay the bulk of the blame at Parcells doorstep and I freely concede to the fact that it is all murky as to who made what choices in regards to staff decisions, players and general coaching/play calling philosophies. The thing about that argument is that one has to believe that Parcells brought in like minded people to surround himself with. I think it is reasonable to believe that some of the choices made there were internal disputes between them and that Parcells was the tiebreaker vote in such instances but you also have to believe they generally agreed as a group on most of the choices made over the past few years here.

Ross has decided to give this staff another season to prove themselves. I do not think its because he has anymore faith in them then many of us do, but more because of the way he botched up replacing them. If Ross has any smarts he has people looking for a new staff to come in and replace this one ASAP. Problem is ASAP may be longer then is comfortable for many of us (myself included) and in the meantime this staff is going to scratch and claw to save their hides, which is a good thing. If they do not feel a sense of urgency after everything that has transpired they are dumber then I even thought.

This is why I happen to think the Daboll hiring is such a head scratcher. They are banking their careers on a very questionable hire as an OC. Even if you subscribe to the idea that perhaps Daboll was not our best choice but our only choice because we could not find a better OC candidate willing to coach here, IMO it would of been smarter to name him as our QB coach temporarily with the idea in mind that if after the playoffs we still had no other options he could be promoted to OC. At that point we could of promoted an in-house guy to our QB coach. This would of bought us time to keep shopping for a better candidate and provided us with an insurance policy if we did not find one. I think they panicked in hiring Daboll. Now the big looming question is will they panic about drafting instant impact players to add to the roster and will they be more interested in making flashy picks over ones of substance. That is a big concern for me as I watch this thing unfold.

The idea of Fischer being on the market changes nothing IMO. Is Fischer a better coach the Sparano? I would answer yes on that but is he a great coach, No. He is not the guy to replace Sparano even though I do believe he is an upgrade he is not much of one. Whether you like Vince Young or not I think it is fair to say as a HC Fischer has not handled that situation as well as he should of and exasperated the problem instead of minimizing its negative impact on the team. In fact the only thing I like better about Fischer over Sparano is his aggressive style of playing. He makes better game-time decisions IMO but overall as a coach he really is no better then Sparano and at least Sparano is new to the position and one can hope he will evolve and improve at his position. Fischer is who he is and is not going to change after all these years of being a HC.

For the record Sparano's problem is not his record. It is that he has not shown people that he is building anything here. Defense still has issues but it is improving and they have made changes that reflect that. Sparano has not accomplished that on the other side of the ball. He shuffled around the line and brought in players from Dallas that he has an intimate knowledge of and they did not pan out, Henne was not a hit but he wasn't a bust either I call him a foul tip because he look like an adequate B/U. White was a bust and the decision to bring back Pennington last year was also bust moves leaving us without a starter QB. Him adamantly defending Henning as our OC and going as far as saying if he wasn't retiring he would retain him is a big bust too. Sometimes it better to stand mute when asked your opinion but instead he chose to go out of his way to defend the guy and that shows he is either blindly loyal to his staff or he is stubborn in his coaching philosophy and that is why I call that a bust for him. We saw no adjustments by him as the season unfolded to at least indicate he has the capability to be flexible and adapt to making the needed adjustments that every team needs to make as defenses find ways to exploit your offenses weaknesses. That in a nutshell is my top criticism of Sparano as a HC. Sparano does not seem to have the ability to step in and force changes to happen when its obvious that they are needed. Now for those of you who disagree with my assessment I challenge you to disprove my ascertain with real examples of moves he has made that illustrate that he comprehends changes are needed and that he understands what those changes are. I would love for somebody to prove me wrong and get me on-board with keeping him. I hate the fact that he does not inspire me to have faith in our future and he gives me nothing optimistic to believe we are working toward.

I am not a hater I am just frustrated with what I see them doing to our team. I am not going to go through the aggravation of reliving ever thing that is upsetting me about us right now but in closing I will leave it at this;

Over the past 3 years the bad things have outweighed the good things and so far the current changes we have made do not leave me feeling like they understand how to fix their mistakes and we are a course corrected path that is for the better. Now if one of you feels like you can alleviate my concerns by providing me with evidence that contradicts the things I just pointed out, please do me a favor and tell me what they are because I would love to join you all in your optimism. I just do not see it at this point.

I'm a big Fisher fan. If only everything existed in a vacuum then we could judge things purely on numbers detached from context. But we don't. He's a terrific coach. A lot of those .500 seasons came while playing very young, very raw QBs.

I hadn't thought it possible, but with our recent coaching shenanigans we're a few injuries away from things going so badly that next year, maybe we'll have Luck and Fisher waiting for us.

I have never understood some fans adulation in here with Fischer. He's a good coach but not someone to go ape **** over. His teams have been consistently inconsistent. Can't blame personnel because he has had different QBs to work with. Solid in game manager but other then that...........meeh

The irony is that ESPN is reporting that the last straw for the owner was Fish wanting to hire is son for the Offensive Quality Control position. The owner apparently doesn't tolerate nepotism.

It really doesn't matter because Tony is here to stay this year much like we were forced to just accept Henne last year. Our biggest concern should be finding a QB.

The irony is that ESPN is reporting that the last straw for the owner was Fish wanting to hire is son for the Offensive Quality Control position. The owner apparently doesn't tolerate nepotism.

It really doesn't matter because Tony is here to stay this year much like we were forced to just accept Henne last year. Our biggest concern should be finding a QB.

Nepitism may be the only way we can fill staff postions in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom