Jeremy Bloom | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Bloom

I wonder if he's even attending the Combine...isn't he still participating in the Winter Olympics?

ckparrothead said:
I wonder if he's even attending the Combine...isn't he still participating in the Winter Olympics?

He will be at the combine

They did a story on him for espn and he said he would be there

Well then, that WOULD be interesting. I kind of hope he doesn't run very well, drops his stock a little bit. That way folks don't get convinced that he's faster than some of the athletes you see in the NFL. He is. A lot faster. But sometimes tests go kind of funny when you've been spending all your time training for the winter olympics instead of the combine, like everyone else...

I heard him on the radio a few months back(I forget which show D Patrick or Rome) he said he wanted to run UNDER 4.2 at the combine. That would move him up some boards.

As a Univ. of Colorado alum I got to see Jeremy Bloom play in a lot of CU's games......he is the real deal. He not only is a great punt and kick returner but he has fantastic hands. His speed is just unreal. He is about the same height as Wes Welker but maybe 10 pounds lighter, but he can fly into a special gear like a Turbo Porsche that very few guys have. I really want to see Jeremy in a Phins uni, and a 4th round pick would be worth the risk. He could probably gain about ten pounds. What is also great about Jeremy is he just an all-around great athlete and good person.

He's already pissing some scouts off because of how big a celebrity he is and he hasn't played a down of pro football yet. Same thing with Matt Leinart.

It's funny. One thing I've learned about scouts is they can generally be some of the most petty, vindictive, immature people around. If a guy ever fits a profile other than Bronco Nagursky, the scouts start whining like little babies about this or that or the other and labeling guys a "turd"

no need to worry about him skiing and getting hurt once he's in the NFL, he will sign a none skiing clause

tastes like chi said:
I heard him on the radio a few months back(I forget which show D Patrick or Rome) he said he wanted to run UNDER 4.2 at the combine. That would move him up some boards.

if he runs under a 4.2 he will definately move up some boards. he will be a great playmaker whether on special teams or at wide reciever

Krause56 said:
if he runs under a 4.2 he will definately move up some boards. he will be a great playmaker whether on special teams or at wide reciever

I'll say. Jerome Mathis was VERY notable because he cracked into the 4.2 range at the combineee.

Generally the electronic combine timers give everyone way more accurate times than hand clocks and this means that a bunch of the guys you hear about having "4.2 speed" really end up timing at 4.3 or so in the electronically timed 40.

If Jeremy Bloom cracks into the 4.1 range on the combine's electronic timers he will officially be one of the fastest men ever to play in the NFL.

And, given the fact that he's run the 100 yard dash in the same time that got Jesse Owens the world record, I do have to say it's possible he does just that...

ckparrothead said:
He's already pissing some scouts off because of how big a celebrity he is and he hasn't played a down of pro football yet. Same thing with Matt Leinart.

It's funny. One thing I've learned about scouts is they can generally be some of the most petty, vindictive, immature people around. If a guy ever fits a profile other than Bronco Nagursky, the scouts start whining like little babies about this or that or the other and labeling guys a "turd"

I think it is because a lot of scouts have been burned by going after the celebrity. The more noise a player makes the more notice goes to the scout who wanted to pick him.

ckparrothead said:
I'll say. Jerome Mathis was VERY notable because he cracked into the 4.2 range at the combineee.

Generally the electronic combine timers give everyone way more accurate times than hand clocks and this means that a bunch of the guys you hear about having "4.2 speed" really end up timing at 4.3 or so in the electronically timed 40.

If Jeremy Bloom cracks into the 4.1 range on the combine's electronic timers he will officially be one of the fastest men ever to play in the NFL.

And, given the fact that he's run the 100 yard dash in the same time that got Jesse Owens the world record, I do have to say it's possible he does just that...

Bloom IS fast. If you were to imagine him running 100 meters (109.4 yards) then I could see him doing it in about 10.2 (based on a 9.4 100 yard dash). The world record I believe is 9.77 seconds but that's with perfect conditions. Olympic athletes generally will run the 100 between 9.89 and very low 10's. I'm sure if Bloom trained he might be able to compete at an Olympic level.

However, you are wrong that the NFL has never seen that type of speed; Michael Bennet has run a 10.0 flat and considered trying out for the last Olympics.

I didn't say they've NEVER seen it, just that he'd be one of the fastest men in NFL history if he genuinely cracked into the 4.1 area on the electronically timed combine 40...even Michael Bennett didn't do that.

Jesse Owens ran the 100 meters in 10.3, he and Bloom have the same 100 yard dash time...so 10.2 to 10.3 is likely for Bloom. Interestingly enough, no white man has EVER cracked below 10.0 in the 100 meter dash. Supposedly, the only runner of non-Western African descent to break the 10.0 second barrier is a half Irish half Australian Aboriginee dude. I think Justin Gatlin did it in like 9.77 seconds.

ckparrothead said:
In defense of SPEED factor, I will say this.

Jerome Mathis was a small school prospect as a WR, and doesn't have a whole lot of polish. He walked into the Combine and tore up one of the fastest electronically timed 40 times ever measured in Indy...the fastest man in the draft. He became a 4th round pick based solely on his SPEED.

Going to have to disagree man. Mathis was an awesome kick returner at college. IMO, he would've been gone by the time the 5th round came around even if he ran a 4.4

caneaddict said:
Bloom IS fast. If you were to imagine him running 100 meters (109.4 yards) then I could see him doing it in about 10.2 (based on a 9.4 100 yard dash). The world record I believe is 9.77 seconds but that's with perfect conditions. Olympic athletes generally will run the 100 between 9.89 and very low 10's. I'm sure if Bloom trained he might be able to compete at an Olympic level.

However, you are wrong that the NFL has never seen that type of speed; Michael Bennet has run a 10.0 flat and considered trying out for the last Olympics.

Its different for a running back and a WR

As a running back you dont just outrun guys you need to get past the line first and all that

As a reciever if you break clean off the line and make one move you can just blow past everyone and hope the QB throws it right

Back
Top Bottom