Jeremy Bloom | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Bloom

Bullet Bob Hayes, for the Dallas Cowboys, was probably the fastest NFL player and easily could have run a sub 10 second 100 meters....he ran the 100 yard dash which is little shorter distance. Many track guys don't have the hands to go with the speed....I think Jeremy is one of those guys who has the hands to go with his speed.

Alex22 said:
Its different for a running back and a WR

As a running back you dont just outrun guys you need to get past the line first and all that

As a reciever if you break clean off the line and make one move you can just blow past everyone and hope the QB throws it right

I agree, I think Bloom's speed will be better utilized because it's more important at WR. Especially today with the new defensive rules, I think speed is more important.

Heck, put TO and CC on the outside with Bloom in the slot and watch him run! I'm not sure if he can be a #1 receiver, but he will certainly be a contributor (too much athletic talent not to be). I am real excited to see him in the league next year (hopefully playing for the Phins).

CK-
I don't think there's any chance he runs a 4.1x at the combine. I would be legitimately impressed with a 4.2x run. Remember a lot of these guys spend months working on their 40 speed with a track coach prior to the combine. He'll be coming off a very hectic and grueling training period for moguls and will only get back to the States 4-5 days before the combine. I'm not sure how much time he'll even have during those 4-5 days to train because there will certainly be alot of commitments he'll be obligated to if he wins the gold tonight. Give him a few months to train, and a fast track with good conditions and yes he MAY be able to crack just below 4.2.

caneaddict said:
CK-
I don't think there's any chance he runs a 4.1x at the combine. I would be legitimately impressed with a 4.2x run. Remember a lot of these guys spend months working on their 40 speed with a track coach prior to the combine. He'll be coming off a very hectic and grueling training period for moguls and will only get back to the States 4-5 days before the combine. I'm not sure how much time he'll even have during those 4-5 days to train because there will certainly be alot of commitments he'll be obligated to if he wins the gold tonight. Give him a few months to train, and a fast track with good conditions and yes he MAY be able to crack just below 4.2.

I agree, you're right. The odds are definitely against him cracking into that area. I think the record is like 4.19 with Deion or something like that.

Bloom was kicked out of the NCAA because he wanted to take endorsements for his skiing. The kid is lights out fast, and has good hands. BUT at 160 lbs he is liable to get knocked around a little bit.

Pastabelly had an article on bloom right before last season.

hdjetta6316 said:
Bloom was kicked out of the NCAA because he wanted to take endorsements for his skiing. The kid is lights out fast, and has good hands. BUT at 160 lbs he is liable to get knocked around a little bit.

Pastabelly had an article on bloom right before last season.
thats incorrect, he's 175 pounds and that is according to this year's Olympics

If he's 175 he'll be fine. I mostly think of Bloom in terms of return abilities anyway. The WR action will come with time...but right now we don't even have a QB that is accurate enough to throw to a short WR.

Jeremy Bloom will not run a 4.2..period. Second your talking about a guy that was not a starter and never committed to football full time so he is inexperience but has upside. He also has not played in 2 years, almost 3 by NFL season time. He IMHO is a mid 6th to FA guy. Someone may reach in the 5th if he does run 4.35 or better.

nick1 said:
can someone fill me in about this guy, I heard he runs a 4.2 and catchs everything. I think he will go in the 4th round? Will he make it in the NFL in your opinion? I look at his height and don't see it as an issue, lots of good WR are that small. the main problem I hear is that he needs to gain some weight and when he does that he will lose some speed

BTW you should watch this guy tommorrow, he does the mogul freestyle skiing, he is gonna win a gold

Watch 10 and 20's on Marshall also

Additionally on another guy...watch Brandon Marshalls 10 and 20's...I have read he is as quick as anyone (smaller guys included), and believe it watching him, within 10-20 yards and in and out of his cuts...those drills will be huge for those wondering where he will go and how productive he can be in the NFL.

ckparrothead said:
One thing to add.

Speed factor is not measured solely by 40 time. There are a number of measurements to give you an overall idea of what kind of speed a guy has, as defined by his ability to transport himself quickly.

It's just like in horse racing when they give a horse a speed factor. It isn't just a straight up measurement of how fast the horse runs like 6 or 7 furlongs.

In this case you measure a guy's 10 yard split, his 20 yard split, going on up all the way to 100 yards. There's 3-cone stuff, shuttle runs, and other speed tests. From all accounts he should be stellar in all of them.

The scary part about Bloom's speed is that when he reaches the 40 yard mark to cap off something like a 4.29 electronically timed 40, he probably has not finished accelerating yet...he's probably just reaching 5th gear. Get that into the open field, add in the agility, coordination, and vision you need to be a world cup gold medal winning moguls champ, and the guy will be flat out exciting.

You know what is fun? He's got the next 3 or 4 years to learn whatever he needs to know about route running, punt returning, and kick returning. In the meantime all you really need do is tell him where to run and it's like Forest Gump on the Crimson Tide.

OK...in my very strong opinion he will not run a 4.2....you feel better...sorry I hurt your feelings, you being so sensitive and all...

ckparrothead said:
Got any lottery numbers for me? Since you're in the prognostication biz and all...

what's with typing your post before the quote, my2cents? it's weird to read.

bloom running a 4.2 would be a victory for slow white guys everywhere. otherwise, he's not that great of a prospect.

my 2 cents said:
OK...in my very strong opinion he will not run a 4.2....you feel better...sorry I hurt your feelings, you being so sensitive and all...

I'm not hurt, I'm amused that you were predicting the future. Especially about a super fast guy that ran the 100 yard dash in the same time that Jesse Owens broke the world record with.

Juan Cribbs said:
what's with typing your post before the quote, my2cents? it's weird to read.

bloom running a 4.2 would be a victory for slow white guys everywhere. otherwise, he's not that great of a prospect.

:confused: But he is not a slow white guy, why would be be a victory for them?

dang, he finished 6th in the moguls no medal

ckparrothead said:
I'm not hurt, I'm amused that you were predicting the future. Especially about a super fast guy that ran the 100 yard dash in the same time that Jesse Owens broke the world record with.

What did Jesse Owens run the 40 in after skiing for 3 years? By extrapolating data like that Jesse Owens must have run the mile in what something like 2 1/2 minuets? Speed is measurable at different data points, like Rice running 4.65 but being extremely fast over 10-20 yards. My point is (and it is my opinion) is that just like you stated a guy coming off the mountain with little time to train or get over travel lag is EXTREMELY unlikely to run a time that only 3 or 4 guys have EVER run. Reynaldo Nehiamiah, James Owens, etc... all failed, the odds are against Bloom. Past all of that the guy played football for 2 years as a return man and spot reciever, weighs around 175, and is maybe 5-10 and is as packed together as he will get...he ain't gonna gain 12 pounds IMHO. He is a great story and I hope he makes it...but to waste any pick before round 6 on him would not be wise IMO.

Back
Top Bottom