Jerome Baker cryptic tweet | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerome Baker cryptic tweet

you are probably right but are we ever going to start resigning some of our own guys? I mean howard, grant, our kicker,. I am only talking resigning guys we drafted. We need to keep a few of them.
I agree with you brother. I said the same before the contracts entered the final year for guys like Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon and Rashad Jones. In the end, the only one we could re-sign was Jones. We waited too late and those guys had visions of dollar signs in their heads that we would be foolish to pay.

So instead of building a roster ... we simply continued to churn our roster and blow all our cash on the Las Vegas of FA ... lots of glitz and rumors of winning big, but at the end of the day, like many who visit Las Vegas you come home with less money in your pocket and nothing to show for it. When we cut the bloated salaries of our FA binge, it's the final acknowledgement of our bad FA judgement,

I agree with you brother. I said the same before the contracts entered the final year for guys like Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon and Rashad Jones. In the end, the only one we could re-sign was Jones. We waited too late and those guys had visions of dollar signs in their heads that we would be foolish to pay.

So instead of building a roster ... we simply continued to churn our roster and blow all our cash on the Las Vegas of FA ... lots of glitz and rumors of winning big, but at the end of the day, like many who visit Las Vegas you come home with less money in your pocket and nothing to show for it. When we cut the bloated salaries of our FA binge, it's the final acknowledgement of our bad FA judgement,
Very good analogy.
i am really curious about baker and gesiki. If we don't get pitts they have to resign gesicki. I probably would resign him either way. I just don't understand why they until the final year for a player like gesicki. Can get him cheaper now.

Very good analogy.
i am really curious about baker and gesiki. If we don't get pitts they have to resign gesicki. I probably would resign him either way. I just don't understand why they until the final year for a player like gesicki. Can get him cheaper now.
Well we had like 4 guys to decide how to spend that money re-signing. We cut Van Noy in a cost savings maneuver, then blew the money on guys who aren't going to be on the roster next year ... which was bizarre. We signed a kicker long term, which I am happy to see. Can't keep asking our Special Teams Coach to find miracles every year ... he'll just leave.

But as discussed earlier, Baker's days are clearly numbered. That seems to mean that our only decision on re-signing is Mike Gesicki, as you noted. IMHO, he's our best player on offense, and if we're serious about building around Tua rather than just continuing to churn the roster, we'll re-sign our best offensive player and add a good young WR#1 to pair with him. If we do that, when Parker's contract comes up we're covered either way we go, and Tua will have a good WR and TE with whom to build rapport and prove he was worth the spot where we drafted him and that he's worthy of being our QB and centerpiece of our rebuild.

Not re-signing Gesicki probably means we just created a hole in our roster for no good reason, and we're not really serious about rebuilding around Tua. It signals that they see him as a game-manager type QB and not worthy of building around. If they re-sign Gesicki and draft Pitts, it means they view Pitts as a guy who could convert from TE to WR and hope he has the potential of a Megatron type player, but expectations would need to be tamped down because it is truly a position switch. If they draft Chase/Smith/Waddle then they're building around Tua becuase they believe in him. If they fail to re-sign Gesicki it simply means ......... same old Dolphins. :(

Neither Parsons or McKinney have any impact on whether we keep Baker.

Baker is a wslb... they aren't.

Completely different positions, different skill sets.

Well we had like 4 guys to decide how to spend that money re-signing. We cut Van Noy in a cost savings maneuver, then blew the money on guys who aren't going to be on the roster next year ... which was bizarre. We signed a kicker long term, which I am happy to see. Can't keep asking our Special Teams Coach to find miracles every year ... he'll just leave.

But as discussed earlier, Baker's days are clearly numbered. That seems to mean that our only decision on re-signing is Mike Gesicki, as you noted. IMHO, he's our best player on offense, and if we're serious about building around Tua rather than just continuing to churn the roster, we'll re-sign our best offensive player and add a good young WR#1 to pair with him. If we do that, when Parker's contract comes up we're covered either way we go, and Tua will have a good WR and TE with whom to build rapport and prove he was worth the spot where we drafted him and that he's worthy of being our QB and centerpiece of our rebuild.

Not re-signing Gesicki probably means we just created a hole in our roster for no good reason, and we're not really serious about rebuilding around Tua. It signals that they see him as a game-manager type QB and not worthy of building around. If they re-sign Gesicki and draft Pitts, it means they view Pitts as a guy who could convert from TE to WR and hope he has the potential of a Megatron type player, but expectations would need to be tamped down because it is truly a position switch. If they draft Chase/Smith/Waddle then they're building around Tua becuase they believe in him. If they fail to re-sign Gesicki it simply means ......... same old Dolphins. :(
good post. I agree. I especially agree about Gesicki. I believe he is our best player on offense right now and is a must resign. Eventually we have to hold to some of the players that turned out to be good players from out drafts. 2018 draft was pretty good draft. Mikah, Baker, Gesicki, Sanders too I think. Ballage wasn't good. Can't remember who else we drafted. Need to keep a few players from that draft. I wouldn't be shocked to see if they are waiting to see how Baker does this year. He was very good last year but again struggles against the run. Great at blitzing though. I am curious to see how he does with a thumper in there like Mckinney.

Real men pay up 1k for losing bet .... Know this guy aka Dan13forever ... yea ... he owes me 1k

And apparently comments on anything and everything except this. Go figure.

Par for the course around here. The majority of those that speak strongly and in absolutes very rarely own up to anything they say. It’s just one of the many benefits of anonymity.

Back
Top Bottom