Jests trade for Percy Harvin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests trade for Percy Harvin

The one thing I thought of is that Percy Harvin's style of play is most similar to that of Tavon Austin. If you recall, Geno's Myth played his college ball with Tavon Austin. Geno was a master of throwing short passes to Austin for 70 yard TDs and building a resume to become a 2nd round bust at QB.

Harvin is one of those guys that you put the ball in his hands on screens, reverses, and sometimes straight hand offs. That is what Austin is as well. He is an open field runner. I would say he is slightly better than Austin at these things.

I think they are trying to help Geno's Myth out here. It is a hail mary try, but at 1-6 they figured they would take a swing at salvaging Geno's career. If this fails, they can dump both in the offseason. It really is not a horrible idea on the part of the Jests. If it works out the way they hope, Harvin could make a few big plays and open some things up for Amaro and Decker, making Geno's Myth's job a lot easier. He needs it.

A source tells the Seattle Times that Percy Harvin got into an altercation with Golden Tate during Super Bowl week last season, resulting in a black eye for Tate.
This confirms an initial report from The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein. A source also tells the Seattle Times that Harvin had an altercation with Doug Baldwin in August that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin. A final straw was reportedly Harvin balking about going back into last week's game against Dallas, possibly angry over not being used more early on. Zierlein was told "Harvin's anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry."
Source: Seattle Times
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/298494/report-percy-gave-tate-a-black-eye-last-year

Strange deal. I gotta assume that if the Seahawks couldn't trade Harvin, that they were gonna release him at the end of the season. Jets pick him up in the middle of a lost season. The only thing he might do is hurt their draft position for next year. The guy is a malcontent and a big injury risk. If the jets cut him after the season, they lose a draft pick for nothing. If they keep him isn't his salary for like 10 million a year? That's money he'd never get again if he was released.

I guess the jets could try to restructure and maybe harvin goes for it for more guaranteed money up front. Still a big risk to give a new deal to a guy who's a problem in the locker room, can't stay healthy and who's only full season couldn't break 1000 yards receiving and got 350 yards rushing

Strange trade.

I give the Jets credit for trying to add a dynamic play maker but I wonder if his alleged locker room attitude problems are the last thing Rex Ryan needs right now.
With or without Percy, the Jets were about to start compiling a lot of wins

Strange trade.

I give the Jets credit for trying to add a dynamic play maker but I wonder if his alleged locker room attitude problems are the last thing Rex Ryan needs right now.
With or without Percy, the Jets were about to start compiling a lot of wins

They're still gonna lose more games than they win the rest of the season

And found a sucker to take on that contract.

for a conditional 4th round pick you wish the dolphins had taken the chance on it. worst case scenario is he is released and it cost us a 4th round pick. not that I'd be happy about losing the pick but the trade has so much upside its worth the risk, as best case scenario is that he is an explosive play-maker for the jets and idzik restructures his deal to be much more cap friendly. the jets have tons and tons of cap space to maneuver this one.

for a conditional 4th round pick you wish the dolphins had taken the chance on it. worst case scenario is ...

He brings his BS into our locker room and continues on with his apparent reputation of fighting with teammates. Sounds like a great fit for a team that was in the national spotlight last year for locker room issues.

for a conditional 4th round pick you wish the dolphins had taken the chance on it. worst case scenario is he is released and it cost us a 4th round pick. not that I'd be happy about losing the pick but the trade has so much upside its worth the risk, as best case scenario is that he is an explosive play-maker for the jets and idzik restructures his deal to be much more cap friendly. the jets have tons and tons of cap space to maneuver this one.

Worst case scenario is that they keep harvin, they lose a 2nd, harvin doesn't renegotiate, they have him on the books for ten million a year and he misses significant time due to injury. I'm not even getting into possible locker room issues either

Not a far fetched scenario by any stretch of the imagination.

Interesting deal that is pretty much boom or bust but it's one the Jets had to make.

It does make you wonder just hoe much of a locker room cancer he is. Could be a good trade for the Jets or could just be gasoline poured on the fire

Interesting deal that is pretty much boom or bust but it's one the Jets had to make.

It does make you wonder just hoe much of a locker room cancer he is. Could be a good trade for the Jets or could just be gasoline poured on the fire

and me-first WR and an overmatched QB?

jet_crash_eject-1.jpg

I'd pass on Harvin but not for a lack of talent. The guy has been traded twice because of locker room issues. Miami doesn't need that distraction after last years fiasco.

You may only see a mid round pick being sacrificed but I see half your free cap space eaten by a malcontent. There is nothing that indicates to me that he'll be willing to renigotiate his contract. This is a guy that refused to take the field last week. You really think he is going to make sacrifices for the team? Good luck with that.

Explosive on the field and in the locker room. The Jets are about to reel off a string of wins and it won't be solely on account of him.

Even if unaware of the consistently recurring anti-social and corrosive locker room issues dating back to high school, the fact that Pete Carroll and John Schneider - one of the most astute and successful decision-making tandems in the league - were happy to offload him for a bag of beans after backing up the Brinks Truck to acquire him, should be all you really need to know about Harvin. While leopards might go to great lengths to camouflage their spots, sooner or later their default behavioral set reemerges to reveal that they haven't changed.

I think this is a trade the Jets had to make though. Rex may be on the hot seat, but Idzik's approval rating isn't exactly high right now and he's getting heat too for not getting weapons on offense.

Back
Top Bottom