Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

No you guys are in no way jealous of us. I just find it interesting that whenever I happen to stop by here there are usually at least two threads that are Jets related. If you stop by our boards you'll see we only give a rats *** about you guys twice a year.

Jealous...no. Obsessed...maybe. If you want to be a fan of a real team, come on over. We're accepting applications.

Living in NY i listen to WFAN and about 5 minutes ago i was listening and a Jest fan called about the t-rex ryan middle finger situation. the "fan" basically said the fans probably deserved it because they were saying bad things to rex (poor big fat rex) and were saying it because "they are jealous of the jets" and the jets are "better in every aspect of the game". How he "loves how rex energized the fan base and loves the bright future this team has"

I love how all of a sudden after backing into the playoffs and beating a crappy beat up benglas team and the choke artist playoffs chargers, they believe they are the next NFL dynasty.

These are the same "fans" i listened to on WFAN after every jet loss about how they hate how Rex runs his mouth and needs to learn to shut up and just win games, and the same fans who after sanchize threw his 437th interception were calling for his head saying they should have brought a veteran in or start kellen clemens or alot saying they made a mistake drafting him.

This is the same team who lost to us twice and in the last meaningful game of their season lost to the falcons with an injured matt ryan and without their 1st and 2nd string running backs with their "elite defense" blowing another lead in the 4th quarter

Its amazing how it all changed once the colts layed down and the bengals couldnt give 2 sh*ts whether they won or lost, and 5 missed field goals against in the playoffs could do for a team and fanbase who went on to be the most overhyped over talked about team in recent history

How can you be better in every aspect of the game compared to the dolphins.....if they beat you twice?

All of a sudden all ive been hearing from jet fans around me is they have such a bright future but if the colts didnt pull their entire team the jets wouldn't even have made the playoffs to have their magical BS little run, and jet "fans" would still be calling for Rex and Sanchez heads, how easily 22 interceptions can be forgiven for 2 wins in the playoffs you shouldn't even have been in, and how easily rex's decision to play zone vs. a HOF tight end is forgotten

I really wished i lived in Miami during football season

For someone that lives in NY...you are pretty sensitive. I grew up a hard core Dolphins fan in Long Island...heard a lot of crap. Who cares?

From Rex giving the finger, to a FAN calling WFAN? Are we all really going to be upset about these things? Try working your summers in college on a garbage truck passing Hofstra while the jets practiced, hearing some big men calling me a p***y for liking the Fins. Then tell me how upset you get from a caller in a radio show. :lol:

Jealous of what? We swept the Jets in the regular season and neither of us made it to the big game. We have a coach who isn't drunk and bipolar all the time. We didn't trade all our draft picks away for a Leinart clone. So, really now; who is jealous?

They'll turn on him qucikly enough. Don't worry. This time a few years ago Mangini was a genius

Sort of like Sparano was a genius last year, right?

The bottom line is if you guys aren't jealous of what our team did then you don't want to win. i was jealous of you guys a year ago for winning the div and I'm jealous of any teams fans that gets to watch their team advance beyond where the Jets made it. I don't think that is much of a shot, next year maybe you guys are better again? Who knows but right now we had the best season of any team in the division.

Jealous of what? We swept the Jets in the regular season and neither of us made it to the big game. We have a coach who isn't drunk and bipolar all the time. We didn't trade all our draft picks away for a Leinart clone. So, really now; who is jealous?

You swept us and then watched us win two playoff games on the road. If it were you guys who won two playoff games you'd still be having a circle jerk over it. Our rookie coach won more games then your coach did this year + two playoff games and installed the best defense in the NFL. Your coach watched his team gag the last two weeks when they controlled their own destiny.

We traded a few draft picks for a QB who got the AFC Champ. game his rookie year. I dont remember Leinart doing that.

You guys are holding on to this sweep as tightly as you can. I will gladly lose twice to you guys every year if we can then make the playoffs while you guys are at home watching.

You swept us and then watched us win two playoff games on the road. If it were you guys who won two playoff games you'd still be having a circle jerk over it. Our rookie coach won more games then your coach did this year + two playoff games and installed the best defense in the NFL. Your coach watched his team gag the last two weeks when they controlled their own destiny.

We traded a few draft picks for a QB who got the AFC Champ. game his rookie year. I dont remember Leinart doing that.

You guys are holding on to this sweep as tightly as you can. I will gladly lose twice to you guys every year if we can then make the playoffs while you guys are at home watching.

Or...we can hold on tightly to how we were last to win the Division that weren't the pats. While you can hold tightly to how you snuck in the playoffs and beat 2 overrated teams to lose to the Colts.

And comparing Sanchez to Leinhart? :lol: That's not exactly a high ceiling is it? Talk about ridiculous things to have a circle jerk over.

Bottom line...both our teams are improving while it looks like the pats finally are moving down. For the rivalry, its all good....but you can stop patting yourself on the back because realistically...all this season means is that you have a later draft pick than us.

Or...we can hold on tightly to how we were last to win the Division that weren't the pats. While you can hold tightly to how you snuck in the playoffs and beat 2 overrated teams to lose to the Colts.

And comparing Sanchez to Leinhart? :lol: That's not exactly a high ceiling is it? Talk about ridiculous things to have a circle jerk over.

Bottom line...both our teams are improving while it looks like the pats finally are moving down. For the rivalry, its all good....but you can stop patting yourself on the back because realistically...all this season means is that you have a later draft pick than us.

We still hear about the AFC East Title in 2008 which is much less of an accomplishment than what we just accomplioshed so why should we not be allowed to talk about the title game app anymore?

We still hear about the AFC East Title in 2008 which is much less of an accomplishment than what we just accomplioshed so why should we not be allowed to talk about the title game app anymore?

because the phins actually earned that playoff spot by playing teams who tried to win (like the jets...who failed), phins didnt get a free pass from the team that owned them in the playoffs clearly showing that if the colts had tried to win (they would have) and the jets wouldn't even been in the playoffs and all jets fans went be able to talk about there all of a sudden "bright future", a couple weeks after they lost to the falcons and wanted rex and sanchez gone but now jet fans are back to over hyping every aspect

Which is a better accomplishment is debatable. When you look on past seasons...Division champs has a nicer ring to it than, that year we got pretty far in the playoffs. So "much less" an accomplishment? I don't think so.

You can talk about the being in the division game all you want, in fact...I expect it to be in every thread you are in. I was commenting on jetsdef and how I'd be overly excited to have the season you guys did. Would I have rather had your season? sure...but Im not killing myself over it. If you made the SB, thats a different story. One game away, is still far enough that history will show you didn't win anything. We can still say we won the division.

Bottom line....you didn't win anything...but you made it further. Yippie...see you at draft time.

because the phins actually earned that playoff spot by playing teams who tried to win (like the jets...who failed), phins didnt get a free pass from the team that owned them in the playoffs clearly showing that if the colts had tried to win (they would have) and the jets wouldn't even been in the playoffs and all jets fans went be able to talk about there all of a sudden "bright future", a couple weeks after they lost to the falcons and wanted rex and sanchez gone but now jet fans are back to over hyping every aspect

Actually you had a MUCH easier road than we did b/c the sched overall was so weak in 2008 which included finishing up the season w/ 5-6 dead teams then you were crushed at HOME in the WC round.

Our future was bright even had we not made the playoffs but seeing the way our franchise QB developed in the biggest games gives us even more to look forward to. You guys think you have a franchise QB and you might but he struggled in your big games down the stretch while sanchez played his best football.

Which is a better accomplishment is debatable. When you look on past seasons...Division champs has a nicer ring to it than, that year we got pretty far in the playoffs. So "much less" an accomplishment? I don't think so.

You can talk about the being in the division game all you want, in fact...I expect it to be in every thread you are in. I was commenting on jetsdef and how I'd be overly excited to have the season you guys did. Would I have rather had your season? sure...but Im not killing myself over it. If you made the SB, thats a different story. One game away, is still far enough that history will show you didn't win anything. We can still say we won the division.

Bottom line....you didn't win anything...but you made it further. Yippie...see you at draft time.

It's not debateable at all, i'd trdae in a div title for a trip to the title game any day.

No one expects you to kill yourself over seeeing us have a nice playoff run but every fan wishes their team could go further. I wish we were like NO and Indy this week.

Getting to a conf title game you are only 1 game away, last year you were 3 games away. we were much closer to the ultimate goal which is getting to and winning the SB. you guys haven't even won a playoff game since 2000, you haven't been close to a title game since 1994 and haven't been to a title game since 1992. I'm sure you would appreciate it if it happened to you guys.

Actually you had a MUCH easier road than we did b/c the sched overall was so weak in 2008 which included finishing up the season w/ 5-6 dead teams then you were crushed at HOME in the WC round.

Our future was bright even had we not made the playoffs but seeing the way our franchise QB developed in the biggest games gives us even more to look forward to. You guys think you have a franchise QB and you might but he struggled in your big games down the stretch while sanchez played his best football.

It's not debateable at all, i'd trdae in a div title for a trip to the title game any day.

No one expects you to kill yourself over seeeing us have a nice playoff run but every fan wishes their team could go further. I wish we were like NO and Indy this week.

Getting to a conf title game you are only 1 game away, last year you were 3 games away. we were much closer to the ultimate goal which is getting to and winning the SB. you guys haven't even won a playoff game since 2000, you haven't been close to a title game since 1994 and haven't been to a title game since 1992. I'm sure you would appreciate it if it happened to you guys.

You bragging about getting closer than us this year, is like be bragging about making the playoffs last year. Its ridiculous.

Bringing up our histories is equally embarrassing to both of our teams. Go crazy if you want, I'm avoiding that. If you are bringing up history, why not go all the way....we won double the SB's you did.

Division title is an actual accomplishment that is recorded. Making the playoffs and winning a couple of games is not.

By the way junc....dont include me in anyone elses quotes. you are on here enough, write to me seperately.

You bragging about getting closer than us this year, is like be bragging about making the playoffs last year. Its ridiculous.

Bringing up our histories is equally embarrassing to both of our teams. Go crazy if you want, I'm avoiding that. If you are bringing up history, why not go all the way....we won double the SB's you did.

Division title is an actual accomplishment that is recorded. Making the playoffs and winning a couple of games is not.

It's not ridiculous at all, you guys earned the right to crow last year(and part of this year when you swept us) and we earned it now w/ our playoff run.

I don't know of any fan of any team that would rather win a div title and lose badly at home in the WC rd than make it as a WC team and reach the conf title game.

By the way junc....dont include me in anyone elses quotes. you are on here enough, write to me seperately.

The 2 quotes are seperated, just trying to save space.:chuckle:

Well, the top two threads in the Dolphins section on finheaven.com are about the Jets.

None of us Dolphin fans are jealous of the Jets..The only thing they have going for them is Sanchez...I'm tired of hearing New Yorker's who move down this way talk so much crap..Living hear in Ga I hear the same thing about how the Bulldogs are better than the Gators..And yet looks who always whips there tails..The Gators do..Same goes for Miami and the Jets...Miami is the true team on the rise because of Parcells..Rex Ryan is not Bill Parcells or Tony Sporano...So Jets fans get ready for your fall...We will steadily get better even with a aging JasonTaylor and Ricky Williams..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom