Jet Man | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet Man

Who is Fireman Ed?

- A real fireman and Jets fan
- A guy who loves the Jets and does charity work
- A fan who is in the spotlight because he helps lead the Jets chant at the games

He is also one of the best known fans and a great guy.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Who is Fireman Ed?

- A fan who is in the spotlight because he helps lead the Jets chant at the games

BZ

sounds like a good guy, but he looks rediculous, lets be honest

BwanaZulia said:
Who is Fireman Ed?

BZ

so he's the one responsible for making all the jets fans sound like ******s?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

let me tell you something. As a season ticket holder, I see and hear a lot of fans at the game and there are PLENTY of fans who can't stand Fireman Ed. THere are groups of people, most notably FDNY firemen who yell and call him a sell out whenever he leads his J-E-T-S chant. Me, I could take him or leave him but I do not like the fact that he is the annointed face of a New York Jets fan.

Phin-o-rama said:
so he's the one responsible for making all the jets fans sound like ******s?

Yeah, but when we are down in Miami, we do without him.

BZ

He looks stupid because he's in a firemans hat? You guys are pathetic.

BwanaZulia said:
Who is Fireman Ed?

BZ

I like what he dos and I respect his profession BUT I have a problem b/c he's liar. During our '98 run when he was all over the place he as interviewed and said he went to every game during the bad years in the 90s and unless he was sitting in a luxury box(which I do't think was the case) then he was lying b/c I was at every one of those games and there weren't chants and I would look to see if he was there and alot of times he was not. That lying bothers me but I do appreciate what he tries to do although he does tend to lead the chant at bad times during games.

nyjunc said:
I like what he dos and I respect his profession BUT I have a problem b/c he's liar. During our '98 run when he was all over the place he as interviewed and said he went to every game during the bad years in the 90s and unless he was sitting in a luxury box(which I do't think was the case) then he was lying b/c I was at every one of those games and there weren't chants and I would look to see if he was there and alot of times he was not. That lying bothers me but I do appreciate what he tries to do although he does tend to lead the chant at bad times during games.

Is it possible that he was there, but just not doing the chant?

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Is it possible that he was there, but just not doing the chant?

BZ

I have been to every game since 1990 but I haven't had real season tickets since '96 so I sat all over the place during the bad years and I sat near him a few times so I would check to see if he was there and starting a chant. If he was there he wasn't sitting in his normal seats but I doubt he was sitting somewhere else.

Ed won't have much to cheer about this year....or many years thereafter. :lol:

the bills have sum1 like that 2, there called the bills brothers, there friends of my dad and sum1 he works wit

He's a real fireman in NYC. He is bashed by many for starting the chants sometimes while the team is on the huddle on offense or at the line of scrimmage but really that happens only once in a while and that's because the people don't STFU in time.

I've heard all kinds of rumors about Ed but I've met him and he's not that bad of a guy and as a little kid he was my Jet-fan idle. In 98, I was 10 and I got the Jets HardHat because Fireman Ed was doing the chants and I wanted to be just like him. Needless to say I was one of the first after Ed with the new logo hard hat and a lot of people asked me where to go and now there's tons so I like to consider myself along with Ed as the transetters since 98.:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom