Jets/Bills Game Might Be Snowed Out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets/Bills Game Might Be Snowed Out

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
As of today, Cuomo is indicating that there's no way the Jets/Bills game can take place this Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-new-york-jets-buffalo-bills-game-impractical

The Bills are not yet eliminated from playoff contention, and the game could have playoff ramifications even if both teams were (for example, records of common opponents), including for a certain Miami Dolphins.

Both teams have already had their bye weeks, so you can't reschedule like the Dolphins game that was cancelled due to hurricane (forget which one). I don't think it's something you could move to the following Monday or Tuesday, in that it's likely you still have the same weather conditions in Buffalo that make it impossible to play the game, and I don't know if you can move the game to someplace like Toronto on such short notice. In fact, some of the Bills players can't even get out of their houses.

Has there ever been a situation like this before? I suppose they can wait until the end of the season, and see if playoff positions are implicated in some way. The NFL can play the odds and assume Buffalo will be eliminated by then, and play the game on the following Friday or something.

What does it matter, it's not like Bills fans show up this late in the season anyway, lol

meh, do it like in baseball. move the game past week 17 and then re-evaluate if it actually makes a difference if the game is played or not.

And we play our away game against the Jets the following week. That means they will get a day or 2 less rest than we do leading up to the cold nighttime game. The Jets may suck, but its still the Jets... still enough to be worried about playing a division rival in New York, in late November, and at night. So I'll take any little extra advantage.

it's not a matter of if it will happen, but when. tuesday looks like the day.

The snow would be the only thing that would make this game interesting.

Play it in six feet of snow. Be a man.

Lions and Eagles played in that snow storm. Don't see much difference.

Game is probably moved to Monday, Tuesday at the worst.

3feb7cc4492bf18117b029745043e568-1.jpg

Will the NFL, or the fans for that matter, really miss this game if it's simply not played at all. :idk:

What does it matter, it's not like Bills fans show up this late in the season anyway, lol

:rimshot:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

meh, do it like in baseball. move the game past week 17 and then re-evaluate if it actually makes a difference if the game is played or not.

Although that is a nice premice, it's not like baseball in the sense that the revenue lost would hurt a lot more, as there are only 8 home games, as opposed to 82 in an MLB season. Not that I care if Buffalo's revenue takes a hit lol.

Double header Monday night makes more sense. The league has done that before.

They've also moved a game to Tuesday before. IIRC, that's when the Vikings played "the Joe Webb" game after snow collapsed the Metrodome's roof.

Back
Top Bottom