Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!!

Booyeah....
anytime you step on the field you are at a risk of injury. Moss has a lot to prove as a player(WR and PR), but I think everyone to a man here would take Moss over Ward.

My guess is they try him at PR and put him in 3 WR sets to start off with, and see how he goes from there. If he improves, he starts, if not, he either stays at #3 or gets demoted. I don't think worrying about injuries should really play a role in where he plays.

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
we have more talent right now then the fins.

QB- Jets
RB- Jets
WR- Even/maybe fins
OL-Jets
TE- Even
DL- Fins
LB- Jets
CB- it close, but I would say the Fins
S- Fins
SS- Jets
ST- Jets

More like:
QB- Dolphins(Testeverde is getting old and wasn't great to begin with)
RB- Too close to call; we'll know next season for sure
WR- Dolphins
OL-Jets
TE- tie
DL- Dolphins
LB- too close; it depends on how good Greenwood is, how much Farrior will be missed and if Cowart can stay healthy.
CB- Dolphins; we're much better at CB
S- Fins
SS- Jets
ST- Dolphins

Originally posted by booyeah_

More like:
QB- Dolphins(Testeverde is getting old and wasn't great to begin with)
RB- Too close to call; we'll know next season for sure
WR- Dolphins
OL-Jets
TE- tie
DL- Dolphins
LB- too close; it depends on how good Greenwood is, how much Farrior will be missed and if Cowart can stay healthy.
CB- Dolphins; we're much better at CB
S- Fins
SS- Jets
ST- Dolphins
They is NOWAY you can say that Martin and Williams are close. Martin is a way better back then Ricky.

I'm talking what is on paper NOT depends if this happens or this happens. We sit here for days and talk about "it depends".

They is NOWAY you can say that Martin and Williams are close. Martin is a way better back then Ricky.

I'm talking what is on paper NOT depends if this happens or this happens. We sit here for days and talk about "it depends".

Martin is a very good running back, but he is not vastly superior to Ricky Williams. Believing that he is vastly superior to Ricky Williams is total BS.

I said depends once b/c there were a lot of variable w/ the LB position.

As GREAT as Curtis is...

... his tank is about to run on empty, he's been playing at a very high level for many years. Just how LONG do you think he can continue to take the pounding?

As far as production Curtis is the better HB, as far as potential and talent it's RW's.

Where you have an edge is with L. Jordan, my GOD that guy is for real, IMO anyway. He may be better than Curtis and RW's. Until that happens I say the Dolphins HB situation is more solid at this point.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

What paper?

He must be in the reading room, looking down at that Jets logo......ON HIS TOILET PAPER!!!!

:lol:

we have more talent right now then the fins.

QB- Jets
RB- Jets
WR- Even/maybe fins
OL-Jets
TE- Even
DL- Fins
LB- Jets
CB- it close, but I would say the Fins
S- Fins
SS- Jets
ST- Jets

Come on, you got to be joking right?

Your Corners have not played one game TOGETHER, and Miami's DB's are probably the DEEPEST with talent in all the NFL.

There are only TWO positions that you can say the Jets have the better talent RB, and OL. The rest is all Poppy ****.....

And your Qb should hit menopause any day now!

So let's see, Ricky Williams played for the [cynacism]"offensive guru" [/cynacism] that is Mike MNcCarthy and still garnered 1756 yards from scrimmage.

So let's see he had 77 less yards from scrimmage, on 13 less touches than Martin.

You are SO RIGHT, I mean how in the world can anyone imagine that they're in the same class ?? I mean, there is no way that on a better football team with a better defense (to get the ball back more often, and in better field position) and with Norv Turner instead of Mike McCarthy calling plays, that Willliams could pick up 77 more yards a season. You are so right ...

Please run back home before you get hurt.

Martin had 77 more yards from scrimmage, he was .5 ypc better(4.5) rushing , while Williams was 2.5 ypc better recieving (8.5) - and that all just about equals out, and I don't know if you noticed but Martin played on a superior football team, both in talent and coaching.

I'd say that calling the RB match-up a close one is at least informed and intelligent, and while at this point, I think Martin has the edge, the idea that there is a vast gap between the two just shows you as an uniformed homer. Not that your view of the CB situation didn't enlighten me to that already.

A question, did you actually see Donnie A. play last year, or even the year before ?? This guy is as overrated as they come, and has little to no ability in press man coverage, he has benefitted from having a great DL (putting pressure on the QB), and a good set of safeties in deep support - and has still struggled, even in shallow cover 2 support, his tackling once a strength, has gotten sloppy and his 5 int's are proof of his poor play, because he was being thrown at as a NICKEL BACK, he grabbed one against STL, from a deflection, one against CIN, one against CHI (two QB greats, huh) and 2 from Farve (who anually leads the league (or close to it) in INT's ...
WOW ... I'll take a wild stab at it, and say that his 5 INT's are a 3rd of the number of plays over 15 yards that he gave up last season, as a NICKEL BACK.

Run away homer, back to your protective Jet safety net, and your myopia, you're cluttering up my Dolphins news and info with your cancer.

Standing ovation for Coach Largent!!! I hope that Jet homer isn't too confused by the actual facts. Week 3- Fins 34 Jets 13

MY TAKE

This includes depth, not just starters.

QB - Vinny has the arm. Jay has the mobility and knack for the comeback. Jay's younger and on the way up. Vinny's on the way down. I'll take Jay, but I'd rather have Pennington in the bullpen than our crop. EVEN

RB - Curtis Martin is a Hall of Fame RB. He can do it all. Skills similar to, but not quite the caliber of, Marshall Faulk. More durable though. IMO, he's the #2 RB in the NFL. Ricky Williams is a stud. I think he's Top 5. Would have had more yards than Martin last year if not for the Saints going away from him down the stretch. HIs best years are ahead of him. Where the Jets take the edge is with LaMont Jordan. This guy could start for plenty of teams. If we had him last year, Ricky Williams would probably be a Cleveland Brown. The Jets will be fine after Martin retires. Travis Minor did more than Jordan last year. But there's no denying Jordan's talent and potential. JETS

FB - Konrad is a decent blocker and has good potential out of the backfield. Richie Anderson is also decent blocker. But he has MAXIMIZED his potential out of the backfield. That's more of a compliment to Paul Hackett than knock on Konrad. Norv Turner to the rescue. Deon Dyer also sees lots of time and is the best blocker of either group. A true "fullback". But Jerald Sowell is an Anderson clone. He can run and catch. In short, NY's FBs are interchangable. Wit Miami's you gain an aspect and lose another. This hurts you're ability to be unpredictable. JETS

TE - Both teams drafted pass-catching TEs. So neither is expected to make big contributions this year. Anthony Becht had a nice 2nd year. And he's got great size and some more potential. Jed Weaver is a decent receiving TE with decent size. But Alonzo Mayes is a Jaguar that just can't get out of the shop. This could finally be his year. He looks like a WR when he runs, even at 270lbs. If he stays healthy, Norv Turner will have himself a good one, and a nice stable of TEs to play with. PHINS

WR - The Jets top three, if healthy, is dangerous (Matt Hatchette was a bust and was released). Coles is breaking out. He's a stud. And it's only a matter of time until Moss takes Chrebet's job. But by the same token, the Phins TOP FOUR, if healthy, is very dangerous. Chambers is the best WR on the field. And if Sam Simmons can do what he did in college, our top FIVE could be strong. PHINS

OL - On paper, Miami might have a shot. But the Jets are much better until proven otherwise. JETS

DL - Miami is unquestionably better at DT. Both teams have nice pass rushers at DE. Will be interesting to see how Gardener affects the DE situation. PHINS

LB - The Jets have three stud starting LBs. While I think Sam Cowart won't ever be the same, he's still good on paper. But age could catch up to New York. Miami has the edge in youth. And if Greenwood continues to come on strong, the units could be even or a Phins advantage. But as of now, the Jets take this one solidly. JETS

CB - No contest. Miami's top 3 are superior to every Jet. PHINS

S - Brock Marion beats Damien "Rambo" Robinson (sorry, I just couldn't resist). At FS, Sam Garnes is like a small LB. He's a good one. (I'd hate to be Lamar Thomas up in the air, and have Garnes charging at me). Arturo Freeman has great range, but is small and a true FS. Jon McGraw could be a good one for the Jets. Shawn Wooden is a former starter and can make the calls. Miami's other safeties are mostly dimeback/ST type players. EVEN

Special Teams - Olindo Mare is the best kicker in the NFL. I think Matt Turk is better than Mark Royals. Miami's coverage teams (with McGarrahan, Gamble, Minor, etc) are better. And Jeff Ogden won't be the return man this year. But Santana Moss (uh oh!) and the Jet return teams could be very strong. Both units are very well coached. PHINS

Coaching - Dave Wannstedt and Herm Edwards are both former DC's of solid units (Wanny coached champions at UM and Dallas). I think both are underrated and cancel each other out. Norv Turner is one of the best OCs in the biz. But Ted Cottrell has always been well respected and is much better than Jim Bates (don't get me started). EVEN

Re: MY TAKE

Originally posted by Muck
Vinny has the arm. Jay has the mobility and knack for the comeback. Jay's younger and on the way up. Vinny's on the way down. I'll take Jay, but I'd rather have Pennington in the bullpen than our crop. EVEN

[
If any teamshould know that Vinny has a "knack for the comeback" it's you Fin fans.
Vinny has the most 4th quater comebacks then ANY QB in the past 3 season. So the Jets have the better QB.

It funny that when it comes to comparing the Jets/Fins postion, by postion that the only way the Fins are even/better is on IF"S.

It seems that you Miami fans don't know what the term "ON PAPER" means?

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Who had the most comeback wins last year?

Jay is much better than Vinny.
I don't knowabout Jay, but Vinny had 4.( Raiders, Bengals, Fins, Colts.) Now that is 4TH QUATER COMEBACKS.

Back
Top Bottom