Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!!

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
so it wasn't all Jay?

I suppose Curtis Martin, Richie Anderson, Coles, etc. ect, just sat out and watched Vinnie DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF!

How many of them games did Vinnie throw an INT for a TD to put them behind?

Again your on paper talk is nothing more than what that paper is used for........

AFC EAST TITLE!

The Jets really have no business talking about the AFC EAST Title. They have been far to inconsistent to think they have a shot at that, but one thing about the East (As NE Proved) is that anyone is good enough to win it. The Dolphins have just been the most consistent at getting it done.

As far as the Jets go though, I really don't have anything to say to them or their fans because they have played us great and deserve nothing but our respect for the way they play ball against us. However, it has to be frustrating for them to see the Jets play us like gods of Football vs Miami only to play the rest of their schedule like a medicore team at best.

I hate the Jets - But until we show that we can beat them consistently they have every right to smack! If only we'd put them away in the games we got up early............

Originally posted by Ozzy
Again your on paper talk is nothing more than what that paper is used for........
I agree, but that all you can do in the offseason.

Vinny couldn't QB for any team in the league this year besides the Jets. He wouldn't even make it with Cincy. The fact the Jets didn't cut him loose this offseason should be a pretty big indictment on what they think of Pennington.

Van - I heard that the Jets don't think much of Pennington either or he would be the starter by now. Curtis Martin & their front 7 on D can only carry that team so far.

NO WAY THE JETS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, LET ALONE WIN THE EAST!!

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
It funny that when it comes to comparing the Jets/Fins postion, by postion that the only way the Fins are even/better is on IF"S.

It seems that you Miami fans don't know what the term "ON PAPER" means?

Just proves that there's no such thing as a stupid statement. Just stupid people who make statements.

Sorry, Jets fans

I hate to break it to you Jet fans, but the Dolphins are clearly a better team and there is no way the Jets will make the playoffs. Here's why:

Defense
Too many new faces to have any kind of chemistry or communication, particularly in the secondary. Plus, to stop the run this season they're counting on 2 guys coming off serious injuries (Cowart and Ferguson), one from a drug suspension (Webster) and one playing out of position (Ellis). Even if everyone stays healthy and things fall into place for this defense, it will take them half the season to gel.

Offense
Martin is terrific and the O-line is good, but the passing game is a joke. Vinny is immobile and makes a lot of bad decisions, not your ideal choice for a West Coast offense. Add to that the fact that Vinny is prone to overthrowing and two of his top receivers are built like FG kickers, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

IMO...
Dolphins (13-3)
NE (9-7)
Jets (8-8) :lol:
Buffalo (7-9)

I have to disagree with this statement NYDolfan:

"Defense
Too many new faces to have any kind of chemistry or communication, particularly in the secondary"

St Louis had more different starters on last years D then any team I can ever remember, so I also plotted their demise. But to my suprise, St Louis came out and finished 2nd or 3rd overall on defense, and did not show much difficulty in chemistry.

It can be done.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I have to disagree with this statement NYDolfan:

St Louis had more different starters on last years D then any team I can ever remember, so I also plotted their demise. But to my suprise, St Louis came out and finished 2nd or 3rd overall on defense, and did not show much difficulty in chemistry.

It can be done.

Yep it can, but will they be a together unit come WEEK 3 :D

I believe it was the exact situation we were in last year wasn't it? We played St Louis in week 2 or 3, and their D was very impressive in that game, granted our O wasn't all that great that week, but credit definately has to go to the Rams DC Smith, he did wonders getting that team ready so quickly.

Cottrell is no slouch of a DC either.

I hope the Jets D is awful(obviously), and I don't think they added the same kind of quality personnel that the Rams did last year, but quick turnarounds with big roster overhaul can be successful.

Originally posted by fthefish11
Van - I heard that the Jets don't think much of Pennington either or he would be the starter by now. Curtis Martin & their front 7 on D can only carry that team so far.

NO WAY THE JETS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, LET ALONE WIN THE EAST!!
your right the coaching staff doesn't think much of Chad, but if we would had cut Vinny it would had coast us 9.5 mill against this year cap.

Curtis VS Ricky

You can't compare Ricky Williams to Curtis Martin... Ricky has been in the NFL for four years !!!!!!!!!!

Curtis Martin is the Man.. he has run for over one thousand yards for seven years in a row.. I belive that is an NFL RECORD...

Ricky is going to be a great back but it's to soon to compare him with Curtis Martin...

And for all you fish fans that are saying that Ricky is going to run all over the Jets weak D-Line, which has and will improve from last years version...

Maybe you did not watch last years game on sunday night against the JETS when Ricky ran for a grand total of 58 yards !!!

It's going to be a very interesting season

Can't wait till Sept 22nd..

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!

You know what boys and girls? You can compare point for point, stat for stat, and they always come out the same. Nothing. Meaning none of us can logically say who WILL win and who won't until the season starts. Don't believe me? Look at the odd's for the NE Pats before 2001 training camp. They had a snowballs chance in hell of going to the SB much less winning it.

So I say all these comparisons are about as useless as mudflaps on a turtle. We won't know much until the kick off.

But I do so enjoy the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom