Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

It's not the Jets problem if other teams sit starters, their job is to win the game, they did just that two weeks in a row and deserve to get in.

Pleeeassee in what way did they deserve to go over the Texans? Huh? That's who should have went.

He probably meant ranking the teams #1-#6 out of the teams that make the playoffs. For example a 11-5 wildcard team would have a higher seed than a 10-6 division winner. Thats just what i assume out of it.

Not probably. Definitely. Every division winner would make the playoffs.

The prime flaw with the system right now is teams that know they will win the division, but can't contend for the bye week, have very little to play for in the final weeks. They don't prioritize the #3 seed over the #4 seed because it's so uncertain who they would meet in either case, and both teams host the first round.

But if you made every division winner vulnerable to slip to #5 or #6, then suddenly they lose a home game and there's no way they are so content to give away games at the end of the season.

I can almost guarantee that step will be taken. It makes perfect sense and helps to eliminate giveaway games.

The culprit was switching to 4 team divisions. I hated that move. It guaranteed lopsided results and less suspense.

Regardless, I'm happy for the Jets. That team plays physical every week. They have one great strength, in a league you need to be terrific at something. I don't think many posters realize how difficult it is to hold opponents to 5.5 yards per pass attempt, which was the Jets' number going into tonight. No doubt it will drop a bit. They were already .7 better than any team in the league.

Only a few teams since I've been following the stat have managed better than 5.5 over the course of a season, and they did if before the rules were altered to severely favor the passing game. I think Tampa Bay in their 2002 championship season was slightly better, including a freakish sub-5 number in road games.

Our two victories over the Jets enabled many Dolphin fans to falsely downgrade that team. Two weeks ago I saw many gleeful posts when Atlanta upset the Jets, proclaiming they were finished. Meanwhile, the Denver/Oakland game was still going on and the Jets' fortunes were greatly impacted by that result. Once Denver lost, the Jets' opportunity wasn't unrealistic at all.

As long as they beat the Colts. :chuckle:

Pleeeassee in what way did they deserve to go over the Texans? Huh? That's who should have went.

I can't believe your gonna make me defend the Jets but here it goes.

They beat the Texans heads up and had a better conference record so I would say the Jets deserved it more then then Houston.

I can't believe your gonna make me defend the Jets but here it goes.

They beat the Texans heads up and had a better conference record so I would say the Jets deserved it more then then Houston.

C'mon we both know that the heads up doesn't account for much with tie-breakers. The Jets were HANDED their last 2 games.... at least the Texans played their ***** off for their record. I understand that with the current system the way it is, yes the Jets should be in the playoffs... but they don't deserve it.

ok you think what you want. the fact is the jets have a dominant defense and a great run game. they are a smashmouth team that we all want are defense to be. take a step back from being a fan and look at it
it's the truth when the game started cincy knew they were playing the jets if they lose, and the Texans if they win, and it didn't matter if they won or lost they had the number 3 seed locked up.. these are all facts!
So what I said earlier about this game didn't mean anything for the Bengals is more true, than it is false. The jets are a good team. Did they back into the playoffs ? I say yes they did ! Do you honestly feel the Jets would have beaten Indy with Manning and CO. finishing the game ? the jets may even beat cincy at home who knows. But they backed in! Did Miami deserve it ? not a chance with this horrid Defense! But I do hate jets fans as well as eagles fans and always will, and I will be rooting for them to fail ! scumbags of the earth!

it's the truth when the game started cincy knew they were playing the jets if they lose, and the Texans if they win, and it didn't matter if they won or lost they had the number 3 seed locked up.. these are all facts!
So what I said earlier about this game didn't mean anything for the Bengals is more true, than it is false. The jets are a good team. Did they back into the playoffs ? I say yes they did ! Do you honestly feel the Jets would have beaten Indy with Manning and CO. finishing the game ? the jets may even beat cincy at home who knows. But they backed in! Did Miami deserve it ? not a chance with this horrid Defense! But I do hate jets fans as well as eagles fans and always will, and I will be rooting for them to fail ! scumbags of the earth!

Cincy had the number 3 seed locked up alright.....they are the 4 seed, they had to win to get the 3 seed. Know those facts. And after that i can't really understand because all i see and hear is :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Regardless of what happened the Jets took the bengals to the woodshed tonight. And don't tell me the Bengals did not want to win otherwise they would of sat palmer in the second half. They didn't. We will know more next week. Now does this mean the Jets are going to run the table, no. Can they beat the bengals again, who knows, but for what they overcame, this feels damn good. Not only to make the playoffs when everyone said they were done, but to close out the Giants stadium the right way unlike those stinking Giants was even sweeter. I mean come on, with Jenkins and Washington gone for the year, everyone thought they were done. With the number one defense and number one rushing game, anything can happen and even if they go one and done i will still be happy. Because Rex Ryan came in here and laid a great ground work. Normally we see the Jets lose this type of game, but you know what, these aren't the same old jets. This is different, and i like what i'm seeing.:wink::wink:

The only thing more sickening than the Jets making the playoffs is how they got in. With that being said, I actually do think they have a legit shot at beating the Bengals next week. Hopefully I'm wrong, not sure who I'm going with yet. No way they make it past the divisionals in my opinion thought. I think SD would destroy them and I think that IND can beat them unless they pull their starters in the 3rd.

First up, I hate the Jets. Ryan is a loud mouth.

However, today they played tough quality football. I think they will hammer the bengals next week. Cinci have been sliding down hill for the past 5 weeks. jets will advance 1 more week, and that will be that.

There d is great. i didn't think they would be an AFC contender, but I was wrong. Congrats to them.

Miami did not deserve to be there. We blew at least 3 games with pisspoor defence. Miami could learn something from the way the Jets defence have played this year.

I still hate the jets & Ryan is a loudmouth.

using that logic means that the Pats should have gone last year? Is that what your saying too?

The Jets won the last spot, the Texans didn't. Who cares what other teams do when we dont get in?

Hopefully Dirty Sanchez wont break under pressure in the playoffs and have another classic 5 int game. Which i think is gonna happen.

using that logic means that the Pats should have gone last year? Is that what your saying too?

The Jets won the last spot, the Texans didn't. Who cares what other teams do when we dont get in?
We controlled our own destiny last year and we earned and deserved our playoff spot. Would I say that NE would have done more in the playoffs than we did? Probably, I'd say so. Yes, the Jets earned their playoff spot by defeating two teams essentially having nothing to play for (as well as resting starters) and playing backups second half but by no means did they deserve it in my opinion.

I hate the Jets and whether or not you think they were handed a playoff spot, they are in and we are at home.

The Jets have the #1 defense and #1 running attack which is dangerous in the playoffs. Remember the Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl team? Not saying they will win the Super Bowl but they will beat Cincinnati and will give the Chargers a run for their money. I bet Marvin Lewis would much rather play Baltimore this week then the Jets.

i think it was the second game in a row where sanchez didnt go over 100, lol, they dont even let him throw the ball...

Back
Top Bottom